ADVERTISEMENT

Hamlin Released From the Hospital

Got to wonder what they are telling him as far as the cause of the event goes and long term prognosis....

Id imagine they think it was induced by the hit and he’d be in the hospital longer if they believed it was related to a defect or something. Just my uneducated guess.

Wonderful news. I wonder if he is going home or to a step down unit back in Buffalo. Regardless, it is awesome to see his recovery.

With everything circulating in a hospital it’s best to get out of there asap. If you need to be here medically of course you stay. But if you can get out and do rehab or just even rest, get out.
My Mom used to say, “If you want to get sick, go to a hospital.”

Viruses, staff and other bacteria infections, and all sorts of unmentionable stuff is SO easy to get while there.

Reactions: cbpitt2
Got to wonder what they are telling him as far as the cause of the event goes and long term prognosis....
Pronger and Bouwmeester both suffered similar incidents and were able to return to play. Hopefully that is the same case for Hamlin.

Reactions: 303vND
He wasn't released, he was transferred to a hospital in Buffalo to continue his recovery....still great news.

It only comes from hospital employees.

Good catch.
I was dead serious. There was crap my now-estranged wife used to bring home from the hospital at which she worked. Didn't affect her, because apparently she developed immunities from constant exposure . . . but she sure as hell passed them along to me.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
I was dead serious. There was crap my now-estranged wife used to bring home from the hospital at which she worked. Didn't affect her, because apparently she developed immunities from constant exposure . . . but she sure as hell passed them along to me.
I agree with you, and have seen the same. My last post was referring to me spelling staph wrong in the earlier post.

His recovery has been incredible. Even when he was showing positive signs, I figured he'd have to remain in the hospital a few weeks/months. He was live tweeting during the Bills game yesterday. Unbelievable.
I do believe that he was essentially transferred from the hospital in Cincinnati to another hospital in the Buffalo area. As happy as we all are for how incredible his recovery has been to this point, we all need to remember that what his body went through. It will take him weeks, if not months to complete his recovery. Add to all of that, there is still the issue of why this happened to him on that field. Was it the blunt force trauma to the area of his chest from the impact with Tee Higgins or does he have an unknown cardiac issue?
I just hope and pray for his continued recovery to be as successful as it has been so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT