ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe, the last time Pitt won the Lambert-Meadowlands Trophy was 1980 as the best team in the east.

According to the ECAC website, Pitt is a member. The fact that Addison wasn't selected as one of their top three Div 1 WRs, while the Penn State WR won offensive player of the year, should tell everyone what they need to know about the ECAC.

Or they are still trying to make Pitt pay thousands so they can collect half a million in "dues" for some membership that doesn't matter for Pitt for a conference that isn't real, except for maybe hockey and equestrian.

Here's the link -- https://ecacsports.com/news/2021/12...i-fbs-football-all-ecac-and-major-awards.aspx. The ECAC 2021 FBS all conference team has players from PSU, Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse, Navy, Army, and Liberty. No Pitt, BC, UConn, UMass, Buffalo, or WVU players. If you go back a few years, you can find players from Pitt, BC, UConn and UMass at least. For example, Avonte Maddox was the defensive player of the year for 2017.

I didn’t know Navy was this involved.

According to the ECAC website, Pitt is a member. The fact that Addison wasn't selected as one of their top three Div 1 WRs, while the Penn State WR won offensive player of the year, should tell everyone what they need to know about the ECAC.

It is a sad state of affairs what a joke

It is a sad state of affairs what a joke

They are collecting a half million in membership dues each year (separate from their hockey membership dues) plus $300K+ in corporate sponsorships for what exactly? What do they do besides take money from Pitt for no return value?

They also have an e-sports website... which ironically is not certified as secure. Sounds like a bunch of dolts. John Marinato would have fit in well heading this farce up.

Looking more into the finances, most of their revenue goes to hockey. In fact, it appears that their hockey membership revenue covers only half of their expenses, and so the other schools like Pitt have to fund it, and Pitt (to my knowledge) doesn't have a team in that hockey league. It's a farce.

Imagine the nerve of not including two of the best players in college football on their all star team. Pitt should cut all ties, as well as most schools.

Reactions: TFBaum
They are collecting a half million in membership dues each year (separate from their hockey membership dues) plus $300K+ in corporate sponsorships for what exactly? What do they do besides take money from Pitt for no return value?

They also have an e-sports website... which ironically is not certified as secure. Sounds like a bunch of dolts. John Marinato would have fit in well heading this farce up.
Pitt should drop out. What is the point.

Pitt should drop out. What is the point.

My guess is that it's just easier for Pitt and the other schools to pay the membership fee rather then being hassled every year. But to not include Pickett and Addison on their Div 1 All Star team? Come on.

Here's the link -- https://ecacsports.com/news/2021/12...i-fbs-football-all-ecac-and-major-awards.aspx. The ECAC 2021 FBS all conference team has players from PSU, Temple, Rutgers, Syracuse, Navy, Army, and Liberty. No Pitt, BC, UConn, UMass, Buffalo, or WVU players. If you go back a few years, you can find players from Pitt, BC, UConn and UMass at least. For example, Avonte Maddox was the defensive player of the year for 2017.
Wait a minute. I bleed Temple Cherry as much as anyone, but there's no way that many guys from this year's Temple team (3-9, and the only legit win was Memphis) could be All-anything. Maybe Manny Walker and Randle Jones (but not if you exclude Addison!) belong, but you have got to be kidding me to select Isaac "False Starts" Moore.

Or they are still trying to make Pitt pay thousands so they can collect half a million in "dues" for some membership that doesn't matter for Pitt for a conference that isn't real, except for maybe hockey and equestrian.
THIS….

The ECAC is a joke. Need to drop out and tell them to stick their outdated Lambert Trophy up their noses…. Pitt doesn’t need their trophy or their half witted all ECAC team. Pitt has the ACC Trophy which was earned on the field and not chosen by these fossils…. It’s also more prestigious

NOTE: I am not angry. I am expressing my dissatisfaction and typing in a calm and deliberate manner….Thank you….

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
ECAC used to hold a bunch of big regional events, still do. Its championship in T&F used to be one of the biggest invites in the east for track & field, which Pitt used to participate in (no longer).

In FY15, it looks like Pitt's payments to the ECAC were $2,650 for the year. $1,000 in FY14. It also looks like Pitt hasn't been paying anything to the ECAC since then, at least I can't find it listed in Pitt's expenses. The ECAC does say the membership list on their website may not be up to date.

I have no idea if that impacts the ability of Pitt to be eligible for any awards.

ECAC used to hold a bunch of big regional events, still do. Its championship in T&F used to be one of the biggest invites in the east for track & field, which Pitt used to participate in (no longer).

In FY15, it looks like Pitt's payments to the ECAC were $2,650 for the year. $1,000 in FY14. It also looks like Pitt hasn't been paying anything to the ECAC since then, at least I can't find it listed in Pitt's expenses. The ECAC does say the membership list on their website may not be up to date.

I have no idea if that impacts the ability of Pitt to be eligible for any awards.

How hard is it to keep a membership list up to date? These dolts can't even do that. Pitt and a bunch of other schools should publicly withdraw. Then the ECAC can ramp up their E-Sports collegiate gaming. And I don't say that to make fun of e-sports, but rather for the ECAC's ability to handle it.

So--has the Lambert trophy winner for 2021 actually been announced? No one has posted a news article on it in this thread. A quick online search doesn't show a 2021 winner.

I did notice that the ECAC reportdly took over the award from a gentleman who passed away. Then they announced both the 2019 and 2020 awards simultaneously last June (June 2021). Maybe the 2021 award will be announced in June 2022 ? These machinations make it seem that it has become essentially irrelevant.

Anyone really know what is going on with it?

Last edited:
How hard is it to keep a membership list up to date? These dolts can't even do that. Pitt and a bunch of other schools should publicly withdraw. Then the ECAC can ramp up their E-Sports collegiate gaming. And I don't say that to make fun of e-sports, but rather for the ECAC's ability to handle it.
It’s ok to make fun of e-sports.

This trophy/award made sense years ago before northeast teams were in conferences and could vie for those championships. Now it is completely antiquated with really no bearing. who cares about it.

Reactions: pittmeister
Lol so who gets it then? The trophy is supposed to be awarded to "the best team in the East in Division I FBS (formerly I-A) college football". It doesn't say anything about being a member of the face ECAC. They must be in a real conundrum because they can't give it to 7-6 PSU. Cincinnati win it in 2012, but it sounds like their aren't eligible? They will probably give it to Army, who finished 9-4 with a win the their bowl game.

If you look at Wiki the Lambert hasn’t even been awarded to anyone for like 2 years…🤷‍♂️

Become? When has it ever had any real relevance?
Seriously this thread is the very first time I’ve ever heard of this “trophy “

we won the acc championship , have award winning players , and a qb was a Heisman finalist and some are sweating a trophy from a defunct organization ?

Your parochial priorities are ass backwards , people

Reactions: Dallas Burgher

Apparently they aren’t taking money from pitt so who cares ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT