ADVERTISEMENT

High Level Recruits left to Fill the Class

tylersmyth

Walk-on
Jun 30, 2006
Lamont Wade - Kid is a player & no doubt could start next year at DB (5-Star)

Nathan Proctor - Big Time LB would be a great addition to new talent Duzz has brought in at LB (4-Star)

TyJuan Garbutt - With Price graduating Pitt needs a top D-End player at this position (4-Star)

Donovan Jeter - With Duzz at the helm, I can't believe this kid ends up at Notre Dame, if another coach kiss him goodbye, he will be a Panther come the early signing period (4-Star)

Thayer Munford - HUGE OT Pitt needs him with the miss on O-Line in Duzz's 1st small recruiting class (4-Star on other sites)

Charles Reeves - Athletic Tight End Pitt needs with the misses from the few years to add to Chris Clark - The two currently committed could move to other position or be like Jaymar Parrish (4-Star on other sites)

Kenny Bennett - Under the radar kid that I can see Duzz making into a 1st Round pick with his size and ability (3-Star)

Jaylen Twyman - Need another great DT for this class to go with Watts & Camp from last year (4-Star on other sites)

Others of Note:

Bruce Judson Jr. - Would be a great addition I can see be another Q. Henderson (4-Star) currently USF commit - Ship may have sailed with Pitt

Conner Heyward - His father and brother have both been studs in college & NFL - Why not him? (3-Star) Really wants that Georgia offer I believe

I think the bridge may be burned with Jeter? Had a pretty rough go on twitter after his decision. I think he stays bull headed and goes to that disaster show

Reactions: Swervin27
Long gone with Judson. He wanted to OV the weekend of the Penn St game and staff told him to pound salt since he had recently committed to USF.

Would love to see another DT in this class flourish at Jeters position and in his own backyard.

"tylersmyth, post: 1617961, member: 12474"]
Excellent Post Update & Analysis and Thank You.

Lamont Wade - Kid is a player & no doubt could start next year at DB (5-Star)
I would not count out Offense, Lamont Wade is the Closest Player I have seen that has the size, speed, quickness, vision and toughness of Tony Dorsett, Darrelle Revis and Jordan Whitehead. This Coaching Staff is also wise enough to see it too! Revis, Whitehead & Wade are without a doubt great Defensive Players, but all could play Offense too, Dorsett was on Defense his first year at Hopewell at 5-9 140lbs, more than Offense,he grew bigger and went to 190 lbs by his last year. OSU's Woody Hayes, ND, and PSU wanted him for being a DB, but Majors saw he was perfect for Offense and the rest led to a Heisman and NCS!

Nathan Proctor - Big Time LB would be a great addition to new talent Duzz has brought in at LB (4-Star)
Give Coach Pat & Staff 3 great LB Recruits and he will destroy any Spread or Triple Option Offense. Any Linebacker Recruit that can't see that is making a big mistake for his NFL future too.

TyJuan Garbutt - With Price graduating Pitt needs a top D-End player at this position (4-Star)
Coach Pat & Staff DL's will be just fine with added Players of this caliber. many in the Pipeline, but he plays many every game too!

Donovan Jeter - With Duzz at the helm, I can't believe this kid ends up at Notre Dame, if another coach kiss him goodbye, he will be a Panther come the early signing period (4-Star)
This is where AD Barnes's Stallings should be helping like Dixon helped to get Shady! There is a OT in Gandy on that BF Team too, make it a duo!

Thayer Munford - HUGE OT Pitt needs him with the miss on O-Line in Duzz's 1st small recruiting class (4-Star on other sites)
Ditto!

Charles Reeves - Athletic Tight End Pitt needs with the misses from the few years to add to Chris Clark - The two currently committed could move to other position or be like Jaymar Parrish (4-Star on other sites)
Ditto Two!

Kenny Bennett - Under the radar kid that I can see Duzz making into a 1st Round pick with his size and ability (3-Star)
Jaylen Twyman - Need another great DT for this class to go with Watts & Camp from last year (4-Star on other sites)
Ditto Three for 2!

Others of Note:

Bruce Judson Jr. - Would be a great addition I can see be another Q. Henderson (4-Star) currently USF commit - Ship may have sailed with Pitt

Conner Heyward - His father and brother have both been studs in college & NFL - Why not him? (3-Star) Really wants that Georgia offer I believe

Great Recruits, Players and Post!

of the top names mentioned, i think we have a good chance at reeves, garbutt and munford. last name mentioned, i think hayward is coming our way.
Connor Heyward would be nice to Pitt Is It Get! Nothing like playing and practicing with his Brother's in Pittsburgh and at UPMC Facilities, and his Father's Legacy and Bravery is a Pitt Legend!

Connor has the size and speed quickness to play Wideout, Linebacker or Strong Safety to me and develop and play faster at Pitt than UGA!

Rival Ranking & Video Link:
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/maple/165285?colleges=show#college_choices

Last edited:
I think the bridge may be burned with Jeter? Had a pretty rough go on twitter after his decision. I think he stays bull headed and goes to that disaster show

I believe you are 100% correct. Twyman would be a great get. Jeter ain't coming...

When Narduzzi took the Pitt job, he said it would be easier to recruit at Pitt than at MSU because of all the talent in the area. I think he found out different...

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
If I'm not mistaken hasn't Judson visited again since,idk about the psu game but I know he's has been here recently

I agree the bridge is burnt with Jeter if he flips it will be PSU but I don't believe he's changing his mind.

Jeter is still in play. In fact Notre Dame insiders don't think he will stick.

I think heyward grows into a linebacker and heard Pitt is a fall back if Georgia doesn't offer.

Who knows

Reactions: big marty
I believe you are 100% correct. Twyman would be a great get. Jeter ain't coming...

When Narduzzi took the Pitt job, he said it would be easier to recruit at Pitt than at MSU because of all the talent in the area. I think he found out different...
I agree with you and evidently right at this time.....However, I also think Pat Narduzzi is visioning once he rebuilds the Pitt Program into winning like it took time at MSU for the three years too??? Coach Pat & Staff in just his second year of recruiting has produce a better recruiting Class for Pitt in 2016 than Dantonio did for his first 4 years at MSU ?

Coach Pat also is better in recruiting for Pitt in PA than MSU in MI in his second year and the time it takes to put your Staff at Winning 10+ games has actually done better in winning than Dantonio or Franklin did at MSU & PSU firts two years so far, and with less Head Coaching experience.

Let us make some Comparisons:

I. Pitt 1972-76 Rebuilding Era:
I was witness to watching Pitt recruit 90+ Players in 1973-74 under a youngest and brightest Coach Johnny Majors & Staff before NCAA New Recruiting Rules limited Recruits like today, 25 Scholarship Players and back then 96 Scholarship Rosters changed to 85 later. Even with those kind of Top Players that were far more available in PA back then, Pitt went 6-5-1, 7-4, 8-4, & 12-0! It took 3 more years to win 8 Games with over 180 to 95 Scholarship Rosters?

II. Power Conference Tenures:
The Big Ten biggest Recruiting Programs in Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State along with MSU, Wisky and others have been getting far bigger income for over 10 years. Pitt, Rutgers, Cuse, and WVU just emerged into ACC, B-10 and Big-12? Does anyone think that these programs may need just a tad more time to adjust?

III. Recruiting Competitor Bigger Programs:
MSU Dantonio yesterday like Pitt today, are up against Four Great Football Programs in OSU, Michigan, ND, and Penn State that have Summer Recruiting Camps of 3,000 Invitees from 8th to 12th Grades, High School Coaching Clinics of over 500 Coaches Invited every year, and Recruiting Staffs numbering in 20+ Employees with Expenses Recruiting budgets way bigger than Pitt or MSU?

IV. Competitive Coaching Tenures:
It is fair to point out ND's Kelly 7 Years, Meyers 5 years, Michigan's Hoke 4 Years that had Great Recruiting but bad Coaching losing to MSU plus now Harbaugh with better Recruiting and Coaching now in total 6th year? Penn State Franklin also has been there 3 years coming in 2013, but many years like Meyers and Kelly as Head Coach elsewhere too.

V. Compare MSU's Dantonio To PITT's Narduzzi Head Coach First Few Years:
Now compare that to Pat Narduzzi has just been Head Coach 2 years,and taking over an ACC Income Program just from 2013, and still is filling Recruiting Staffers positions as well as to start winning 10+ Games with Recruits only in his 2nd year?? Lets be fair, it still took Dantonio some time to beat Michigan and win 8+ Games too before his recruiting improved at MSU to win 10+ Games?

VI. Compare Dantonio Record & Classes To Narduzzi:
Dantonio has been a Head Coach for 13 Years and 10 years at MSU. Look at his first 5 years at MSU in Recruiting & Winning? MSU had big income coming in from the TV Money way back in 2007 and Big Ten Bowl & Attendance Sharing Money?
Dantonio Recruiting & Record First 5 Years at MSU:
2006: 36th 4-8 Previous John Smith
2007: 43rd 7-6 Dantonio & Staff MSU 1st Year & Dantonio 4th HC Year
2008: 47th 9-4 Dantonio 2nd MSU Recruiting Year (16-10)
2009: 17th 6-7 (22-17)
2010: 31st 11-2 (33-20)
2011: 32nd 11-3 (44-23)

Narduzzi & Staff 2014-2016:
2014: 45th 6-7 Previous Chryst Last Year
2015: 70th 8-5 Narduzzi & Staff First Coaching & Recruit Year
2016: 31st 4-2 (12-7) Second Head Coaching Year
2017: 43rd Currently 3rd Recruiting Year

Instant Analysis Forethought's:
I don't know how Pitt Fans expect instant Top 30 Recruiting Classes and Instant Top 25 Program Winning and Instant 10+ Games Team Winning being only an Power Conference School for just 4 years?

As well as, building a Staff in 2 years, and still building a Recruiting Staff for 1 year?????

Any Pitt Fans that can't understand how Pitt will recruit better against Elite Recruiting Resources Programs established against Head Coaches with bigger, better paid, and longer Assistant Coaches, Staffers and Incomes is just not seeing all of the challenges, but Narduzzi is not concern with it?

Moreover, these other Coaches with bigger and richer Programs won far longer in Top 25 and Top 10 when MSU's Dantonio could not do it so fast either, is beyond my belief is not being fair?

In addition, PITT, CUSE & WVU have just become Teams & Programs in Power Conferences with Power Conference's Incomes & Budgets just from 2012 and 2013 and are still far behind from just adjusting and getting that income the last few years. In WVU case not Full Big-12 Income until this year to payback Loans?

Furthermore, throw in having Penn State being given NCAA Sanctions and a 6th Tenure Head Coach Franklin that has way Bigger Resources with Long Time Assistant Staffers in the entire Region and still struggling to win 8 games, is another example of why Pitt Fans are far too ambitious, impatience, and with expectations unrealistic.

Finally, Narduzzi has come in change the attitude, discipline, and won 8 games with far tougher schedule than Penn State and WVU for that matter and in his 20th games must somehow become a Top 20 Recruiting class in his second year at PITT, when Dantonio couldn't do it????

Anymore questions now that some facts, records, and timelines are the reality of where Pitt is today in Coach Pat's 20th Game as a Head Coach, in a 4th ACC Power Conference Program as recruits consider ND, UM, OSU, PSU, RU, UMD, WVU, CUSE, UVA, VT, and others?

Give it a little time more than 1 to 2 years if it took others 4 and 5 years and had way more benefits?

Not attacking any Poster here either, just pointing out I am not disappointed with this Head Coach, Assistants, Players, Team, Program and Wins in there 20th games, I can wait and give it more time and other can differ as well.

I am happy to see this Head Coach have his Players show up every Game, have not seen that in 30 years, and given enough time Smart Recruits will come and make Pitt is It!?

Last edited:

I don't think he's found that to be the case at all. First of all, he has only had one recruiting class close so far, and it was a really good one, and one that he put together even though he'd never been a HC before.

And he did very well locally. Finished off with Hamlin picking Pitt over PSU and OSU. If he were at MSU, not sure that Hamlin would've considered his program at all.
Some people are disappointed that this year, some nice local recruits, I think all catholic kids, have chosen ND. No surprise, that's going to happen. Again, none of these kids even considered MSU or would've had PN had still been at MSU.

I dont think you can say that yet. When Narduzzi went to MSU their classes were ranked 43 and 47 the first 2 years.

Local kids are always more often than not choose the local school (If the local school is at all a real option). I think Pitt is there in that regard. There will always be kids that want to move away from their family. Jeter fits that bill as his 2 older brothers already moved away to go to school.

I think Michigan area kids have lots of options just as PA kids do.

I don't think he's found that to be the case at all. First of all, he has only had one recruiting class close so far, and it was a really good one, and one that he put together even though he'd never been a HC before.

And he did very well locally. Finished off with Hamlin picking Pitt over PSU and OSU. If he were at MSU, not sure that Hamlin would've considered his program at all.
Some people are disappointed that this year, some nice local recruits, I think all catholic kids, have chosen ND. No surprise, that's going to happen. Again, none of these kids even considered MSU or would've had PN had still been at MSU.
One Big CHARACTER issue on Narduzzi, versus Chryst & Franklin????

Coach Pat Narduzzi in his very FIRST Year going from DC to Head Coach and coming to PITT refused to raid and take away MSU Recruits he had personal relationships with at MSU.

In spite of Pitt's First Year Head Coach Pat badly needing Recruits to compete. Caoch Pat took the high road by respecting and thanking MSU as a University, Football Program, and thanking his Head Coach Dantonio. This not only showed great character as person, but doubled down by revealing Great Confidence within Narduzzi belief in his own coaching and running a team for the first time.

This is how a Great Coach acts and why sooner or later his Players play with Discipline, Attitude, & Respect to make their Coaches proud of them as Players forming a Team focused on the classroom, film room, weight room, and gridiron not off the field of play?

Now compare that to Penn State's Franklin that disrespected Vanderbilt giving Franklin his first Head Coaching job, lying to them, leaving them high and dry, and robbed Vanderbilt blind of its Recruits as he moved to pristine stained Penn State????

Franklin lack of character continued by going after and flipping Rutgers, Maryland, BC, Temple, Virginia, and Pitt recruits and that is OK with me too. Coaches want to win sooner not later and so far Franklin needs more time????

Still, when it was done back on Franklin by MSU, Michigan, OSU, Temple, PITT, and still being done on Franklin this year too? All of the sudden Franklin screams and cries like a little baby about Negative Recruiting????

Even worst, when the Media demanded Franklin tell them what Programs did that to Franklin....he Stumbled & Mumbled and became a little Mouse indicated it might be Meyers?...Oh Wait, Harbaugh??....Oh Wait, Dantonio???..Oh Wait Narduzzi??...Oh Wait, Wait, Wait, Penn State has to Play Them...Hmmmnnn..Let's see....Yeah it is NOTRE DAME...that is doing Negative Recruiting against Me and Penn State!!!!

Now Franklin wonders why his name is now changed to "Coach Fake-In" and some of his recruits have De-Committed again and others taking more visits? Harbaugh, Meyers & Dantonio are running up the scores on Fake-In? What kind of Recruits wants to play for that kind of crybaby and lying to his Players at Vanderbilt under Oath? What a great Penn State Nittany Liar Hire again after all those 2102 Penn State Reforms from that State Penn Criminal Cover Up Compliance Era!

Same with the Head & Special Team Coach Whiskey's Mumbles that only came to PITT because no one wanted to hire him as Head Coach after 11 Interviews? Until some Dumbo Nebraska Alumnus messed up again with his High Paid Consultants not checking backgrounds and firing a Two 10 Wins Coaches at NU & Pittand then begging another Nebraskan Alumnus AD Alvarez to bail him out before taking Pitt's Millions Buyout?

So, NU Grad and Wisky AD sent Chryst to learn how to become a Coach on Pitt Dime and left Pitt 19-20 taking Recruits with him too, showing his own lack of ingratitude compared to Pat Narduzzi!

So much for the "Babels Mumbles Stumbles Ensemble" of Franklin, Pederson, and Chryst and, so be it!

I'll take Narduzzi and Dantonio character any day and so do Smart RecruitS that want to learn and play CFB right away and in the NFL someday, not Fake-in it or acting Un-Chryst like as they say in the opening of the Torah Prayers....."The Blackest Of Sins Is Ingratitude"!

Recruits, Players and Coaches are learning that too at Notre Dame today and just like Donavan, Shoop, and Hand learned to leave Fake-In at Penn State too!

I really don't know if it is a myth, legend or fact that Saint Pat chased all the Snakes out of Ireland, but I am sure glad Pitt's Chancellor Pat hired a "Pitt Judl" hiring Pitt's Coach Pat Character, Respect, and Confidence working hard bringing "Pitt Is It", back again with the Pitt Post Script still unwritten!

The Recruits & Players can see the difference between Pitt's Coach Pat Dedication to wanting to be and staying at Pitt, versus some other Coaches & Fans calling some Recruits "Rats Jumping Scholars Ships" and some Head Coaches Firing others OCs & DCs like Snakes that once lied & Tempted them by pretending to be loyal by hiring them?

Now that is what I call truly "Dantonio's Inferno" the Devil is being kept out, as Recruits & Players learn the Details of Winning is in Honest Coaching all the time, and even when one stumbles they just come back more confident they will get the job done!

Last edited:
So are you guys saying Jeter won't consider Pitt even if he doesn't go to ND?

Cause I certainly can't believe Duzz still won't take him if he wants to come here.

Im not saying I know that is the correct answer, just what I think. Also, not saying Duzz doesnt want Jeter, I am very sure coach is still recruiting him and trying to turn him and will right up to LOI day.

I just think Jeter got so much flak from his decision, that now he seems almost intent on proving people ND is the right place for him.

From a 10000 ft perspective one can see this ... kid is looking for a school, nothing blows him away, most likely headed local, but other places seem cool. Goes to ND, sees the atmosphere on game day and says 'yep, I wanna go here' on really a short notice, short decision. Cases like this, often kids come to their senses given 5-6 months to change their mind. Xmas comes, its all about family, he may change his mind. I think this is normal, and I would be leaning this way in my thoughts. But Jeter just seems like the type that will be bull headed and think his instant decision is the best and he knows all (after all, he thinks he is God). I dont see him flipping unless that whole staff goes, and if he does flip then, I am guessing he will not make the haters happy by going to pitt or psu. I would think he goes alabama or somewhere like that.

But... just my total wild arse guess.

Reactions: Teh Teh
this class needs some legit P5 LBs. Proctor is a pipe dream, and we need more than 1-2 anyway.

this class needs some legit P5 LBs. Proctor is a pipe dream, and we need more than 1-2 anyway.

I think Pine and Pugh are legit P5 guys... we get them both next year playing, albeit as rs freshmen. Cabinet isnt barren is what I am saying, but a total legit Proctor quality recruit is something we should and need to recruit at LB each year.

So are you guys saying Jeter won't consider Pitt even if he doesn't go to ND?

Cause I certainly can't believe Duzz still won't take him if he wants to come here.
Godspeed to Jeter at ND and wish him nothing but success as much as his Brother choosing Pitt is It too! If one Brother is working hard at PITT and PITT wanted the other Brother badly before he chose Notre Dame, this is a compliment to PITT and good luck any how it plays out for ND or PITT!

No one Program got all the "Jeters" but no one is complaining about being "Cheated' either, just look forward to Heyward if he will choose Pitt Is It like Sean & Zach Attack Gilbert when he comes back.

I would love to have had Sanders Running Miles for Pitt but wish him success at Penn State and won't be missed........because Pitt's Offense has a Moss Rolling over Defenses playing much more in his first year due to a Coach that can see such talent gathers" No Mas" when he runs like Moss!

Coach Pat & Staff teach Recruits & Players on No Quit Pitt!

As ND & PSU learn how to cut loose Staff and blame it on them!

I think Pine and Pugh are legit P5 guys... we get them both next year playing, albeit as rs freshmen. Cabinet isnt barren is what I am saying, but a total legit Proctor quality recruit is something we should and need to recruit at LB each year.
We play 3 LBs at a time so we need 6-8 capable LBs on the depth chart at all times. Next year we will be super young and inexperienced at LB and we need to build quality depth up as well.

Huge position of need. We are paper thin there right now behind subpar senior starters. That's why Gus like Zeise and Idowu were moved to LB-out of sheer desperation. Can't be overstated. Need 3-4 LBs in every class until we have quality starters and young talent coming up behind them.

Reactions: Jpripper88
By NO MEANS do I condone it. And I don't think adults should be tweeting at high school kids for any reason. But there are idiots. So when you put yourself out there you're gonna get it. Pure gonna get hate. You're gonna get crap when you don't go to the hometown school. Again - it's messed up. But that's just the world today.

There are Athletes, DBs, and RBs with the size and speed to grow into becoming Great Linebackers, but I would loved to have Hudson right now too, and he would have been playing right now had he came to Pitt?

Like Jackie Sherrill turned Russ Grimm a QB from High School thatw anted to play Linebacker into a All American First Round NFL Hall Of Famer, as Orndoff another QB was turned into a TE, and Narduzzi has turned ONeil into OL and Soto too, Narduzzi can do the same with what is has right now like he was doing with Zeise.

I prefer getting a Top 4&5* LB as a Recruit, but many a Linebacker was controverted into a Pro Linebackers from DB, RB. and WRs too!

We play 3 LBs at a time so we need 6-8 capable LBs on the depth chart at all times. Next year we will be super young and inexperienced at LB and we need to build quality depth up as well.

Huge position of need. We are paper thin there right now behind subpar senior starters. That's why Gus like Zeise and Idowu were moved to LB-out of sheer desperation. Can't be overstated. Need 3-4 LBs in every class until we have quality starters and young talent coming up behind them.

Dont get me wrong... TOTALLY agree on every point you just wrote. I meant TOP tier guys, need at least one a year at LB. And Pitt hasnt gotten almost any until Pugh (4 star) and Pine was near 4 star.
I also think Patrick Jones could have been OLB and Zack Gilbert could have been MLB if numbers dictated that.
I just dont think we get 6-8 4 star type kids on the team at one time. I would love that, but in reality, I have never even come close to seeing that on a Pitt team.

Anyways, I think even if we dont get Proctor, I think Narduzzi will find a very good LB to fill that spot. I like us going more O so far this recruiting year, because I think the surprise last minute guys for a Narduzzi team will most always be defense.

I dont watch state penns games, but what happened to Sanders last game? Hurt? Or moved down the depth chart?
Actually, he is showing great signs of running like Pitt's Shady McCoy, but has not been given many hand offs? He ran great each time he got the ball as True Freshmen, he got the ball taken from him against Michigan, but he showed he was upset about it, and that is a mark of true FB Players as far as I am concern.

Barkley is still the Top Back and running 202 Yards with McSorley also shows the Moorhead Offense is growing process and work of progress. They did not even have to throw to the Wideouts much.

I suspect they will allow Sanders to run with Barkley against OSU next week, but Sanders could be the feature Back anywhere but Penn State right now. Barkley is just too good!

Pitt has Conners, Moss, Ollison, Henderson but Sanders would have gotten much runs at Pitt than he has had at PSU, in my opinion?

Last edited:
Actually, he is showing great signs of running like Pitt's Shady McCoy, but has not been given many hand offs? He ran great each time he got the ball as True Freshmen, he got the ball taken from him against Michigan, but he showed he was upset about it, and that is a mark of true FB Players as far as I am concern.

Barkley is still the Top Back and running 202 Yards with McSorley also shows the Moorhead Offense is growing process and work of progress. They did not even to throw to the Wideouts much.

I suspect they will allow Sanders to run with Barkley against OSU next week, but Sanders could be the feature Back anywhere but Penn State right now. Barkley is just too good!

Pitt has Conners, Moss, Ollison, Henderson but Sanders would have gotten much runs at Pitt than he has had at PSU, in my opinion?

It seemed like that Allen guy was now second string

Dont get me wrong... TOTALLY agree on every point you just wrote. I meant TOP tier guys, need at least one a year at LB. And Pitt hasnt gotten almost any until Pugh (4 star) and Pine was near 4 star.
I also think Patrick Jones could have been OLB and Zack Gilbert could have been MLB if numbers dictated that.
I just dont think we get 6-8 4 star type kids on the team at one time. I would love that, but in reality, I have never even come close to seeing that on a Pitt team.

Anyways, I think even if we dont get Proctor, I think Narduzzi will find a very good LB to fill that spot. I like us going more O so far this recruiting year, because I think the surprise last minute guys for a Narduzzi team will most always be defense.
Gotcha. Agree we don't need a gaggle of 4 stars. There are a lot of really good 3 star players at every position, Those kids typically have offer sheets reflective of their true potential, like Carter Warren. it's just a matter of getting more of them to come to Pitt.

I still think the Duzz hasn't thrown in the towel on Jeter. Come LOI day, I think there is a 50/50 chance he comes here.

Reeves, Munford, Heyward, Garbutt, Twymann, Jeter and Wade will be part of the class imo. Probably add another Florida DB as well that we're not talking about.

With LBs missing tackles and taking bad angles, I'm surprised that Pugh hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do. He is quite fast and can hit as hard as anyone. I would love to see Pugh and Brightwell and Price and Whitehead and Hamlin all on the field at the same time during a game.

With LBs missing tackles and taking bad angles, I'm surprised that Pugh hasn't been given a chance to show what he can do. He is quite fast and can hit as hard as anyone. I would love to see Pugh and Brightwell and Price and Whitehead and Hamlin all on the field at the same time during a game.
The other aspect of a Great Linebacker is not just his size, speed, or quickness, but being very Smart and Playing Smarter. Examples, Andy Russel, Joe Schmidt, Clay Matthews, Jack Ham, Ralph Cindrich, Sal Sunseri, James Harrison, Jerry Olsavsky, and Tyler Matakevich. Sometimes it takes a year to show Coaches in Practice one can handle the job you describe above.

Unlike your Namesake, not everyone can be Instant Great Linebackers Hugh Green, Ricky Jackson, Seau, Chris Doleman, Jack Lambert, Paul Poluszny, Lawrence Taylor, and the Great Ones whose Skills, Techniques, Speed, Quickness and Smart at reading reads and reacting so fast few can stop them one on one, and recover when out of place, but always made sure tackles, blew off blocks, made sack attacks like clouds into rain upon OL, QBs, RBs and still cover and smash WRs!

You spot on pointing out poor execution just like Narduzzi has been saying with Conklin when I posted PITT-UNC Highlights, and it showed the Coaches Game Plan put them right in front of UNC Players and they missed the tackles, had bad angles, and armed tackled, just like you say.

The other aspect of a Great Linebacker is not just his size, speed, or quickness, but being very Smart and Playing Smarter. Examples, Andy Russel, Joe Schmidt, Clay Matthews, Jack Ham, Ralph Cindrich, Sal Sunseri, James Harrison, Jerry Olsavsky, and Tyler Matakevich. Sometimes it takes a year to show Coaches in Practice one can handle the job you describe above.

Unlike your Namesake, not everyone can be Instant Great Linebackers Hugh Green, Ricky Jackson, Seau, Chris Doleman, Jack Lambert, Paul Poluszny, Lawrence Taylor, and the Great Ones whose Skills, Techniques, Speed, Quickness and Smart at reading reads and reacting so fast few can stop them one on one, and recover when out of place, but always made sure tackles, blew off blocks, made sack attacks like clouds into rain upon OL, QBs, RBs and still cover and smash WRs!

You spot on pointing out poor execution just like Narduzzi has been saying with Conklin when I posted PITT-UNC Highlights, and it showed the Coaches Game Plan put them right in front of UNC Players and they missed the tackles, had bad angles, and armed tackled, just like you say.

I get the notion of holding back on playing a young talented payer at a position where you are already stacked with exceptional players. But as I mentioned (and you apparently agree), some LBs are not exactly showing exceptional skills. Maybe Pugh plays worse or maybe he plays better. I can tell you that when they finally gave Brighwell a chance, even Narduzzi was pleasantly surprised. I see no reason not to give Pugh ( a kid who's lauded by his coaches during summer camp) a chance to show what he can do. Want to see a good LB get even better– play him in some games.

The argument could also be made that those great LBs you mention above were able to become so great because they got a chance to play right away, instead of standing on the sidelines removed from the game for an entire season. How much better and more confident would Hugh be next year, if he got the opportunity to get in some games this year? I think quite a bit.

="#99HUGHgreen, post: 1618456, member: 4804"]I get the notion of holding back on playing a young talented payer at a position where you are already stacked with exceptional players. But as I mentioned (and you apparently agree), some LBs are not exactly showing exceptional skills. Maybe Pugh plays worse or maybe he plays better. I can tell you that when they finally gave Brighwell a chance, even Narduzzi was pleasantly surprised.
I quite agree, especially since the Defense will need Top LBs next year? The only thing i think is that Coach does not want to mix up the Defense until this Squad gets on the same page on communications and by putting a New LB in, it can cause confusion gain, where confusion is ruling already. Yet, is it more than Confusion, but is it actual bad techniques like you say, poor angles, missed, armed, and bad tackling, and not able to beat blocks away???? At some pint how much can a Freshmen make worst if Pitt keeps giving up 30+ points?

I see no reason not to give Pugh ( a kid who's lauded by his coaches during summer camp) a chance to show what he can do. Want to see a good LB get even better– play him in some games.
Agree again, and if they can get that and keep that big leads he could have been getting game time in the 4th Quarter? But they barely hold on?

The argument could also be made that those great LBs you mention above were able to become so great because they got a chance to play right away, instead of standing on the sidelines removed from the game for an entire season.
Agree again, nothing beats Game Experience teaching one how the Game Slows Down the more one plays it until they get it.

How much better and more confident would Hugh be next year, if he got the opportunity to get in some games this year? I think quite a bit.
I can see if no improvement in UVA, you might see Pugh in VT?, Just a Guess!

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
I think I don't think he anticipated the media negativity or the starry eyed suburbanite kids looking to leave the area even before he really had a chance to recruit them.

we disagree on wade. hope i'm dead wrong but i don't see him coming our way.

Reeves, Munford, Heyward, Garbutt, Twymann, Jeter and Wade will be part of the class imo. Probably add another Florida DB as well that we're not talking about.

Narduzzi wants to preserve the red shirts and develop the defensive freshman with scout team, off season S&C and spring ball. By that time, Hamlin, Coleman, Miller, Garner to name a few will be the core secondary for two to three years. Add In Ford and Pitt is well stacked in the secondary. Pugh, has to settle in both academically and learn the defense. Pine after a year of learning and development has big upside. Reynolds is a sleeper and I expect him with his size and hitting ability to be a player as well. Well already know the upside of Camp, Watts, Wheeler. for becoming studs at DT.

As to Jeter, his brother plays for Pitt so it will be interesting to see if he starts to see that Pitt may be the place for him as he attends the games. Not sure how much Pitt being in his family with his brother changes things. Pitt will recruit him as a target but I suspect if Garbutt and Twyman commit, that may be the guys who Narduzzi goes with. Pitt will have 17 commits by the end of this month. Maybe room for 3 or 4 more.

we disagree on wade. hope i'm dead wrong but i don't see him coming our way.

This is an I know someone who knows someone situation for full disclosure so take it FWIW.

I am not saying he's coming to Pitt but he's convinced that if he does he'll be on the field day 1 like Whitehead was. For that reason Pitt is still in play.

This probably isn't news or a surprise as others have said he's that good already. But from what I've been told early playing time is a factor for him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT