ADVERTISEMENT

Highlight of the Presser- Barnes "You dont like the hire, then leave and dont watch"

Ouch. I missed that while multitasking. Barnes said that, oh my.

I was struck by the lack of clear goals - winning conference season, tourney, NCAA.
From what I've read about Stallings he has troubles handling high expectations - admitted to it this season in mid- February interview. Sounds a bit like Wanny when Pitt was preseason ranked 15th or so. Brought back bad memories. Some folks are comfortable succeeding to only a certain level. My impression of Stallings is that he's reached his comfort level. Hope I'm wrong. Certainly different than the ole High Octane introduction. LOL.

If he did, I missed it too, but I was multitasking as well. I was going to rewatch just to hear it...

He did not say that lol.
i wasn't multitasking- took a late lunch.

he said "if you're not impressed with (Stallings) maybe you're not in the right spot"

To paraphrase, he said that "if you don't like this hire, you aren't in the right spot". In other words, "we don't need you here".

Not quite the best way to generate support, in my opinion.

To paraphrase, he said that "if you don't like this hire, you aren't in the right spot". In other words, "we don't need you here".

Not quite the best way to generate support, in my opinion.

-Obviously Im not the only person that watched and listened to the press conference. 100% said it.

LetsGoPitt ‏@CFranceschina 40m40 minutes ago
@ChrisDokish Barnes' response to questioning the hire was great.. if you aren't impressed then leave. That just may happen to a lot of fans.

Reactions: pierre93
The entire press conference is online and available on demand. Tell me what minute and second mark this exact quote was said.

I don't think he meant it in the sense of "we don't want you as a fan" but rather "I know more about basketball than you so STFU and enjoy all of the final fours we are going to go to".

Reactions: eastcoasthoops
I don't think he meant it in the sense of "we don't want you as a fan" but rather "I know more about basketball than you so STFU and enjoy all of the final fours we are going to go to".

lol…either way, a completely tone deaf comment.

I wasn't impressed by either Barnes or Stallings. Barnes became rather defensive at times when asked legitimate questions, never answered some of the questions. Stallings seemed uncertain and rather quiet, not high energy. Not impressive at all.

Oh wait... was that during the part of the news conference when Big Foot walked on stage? Or was it MothMan... I forget.

Some of you people are just plain nuts.

That's absolutely NOT what he said.
I'll call check the replay and call the AD's office tomorrow get my football money back, my donation, and tell them I don't like the hire so I wont watch or participate.

Go ahead Barnes screw up now threaten fans/ customers.

This gets better by the day! Thankfully I have a life and a bank account that doesn't have to include PITT sports!

Last edited:
Around the 22:30 mark he said that they were going to stay above the noise and listed KS accomplishments and that if you were not impressed with that your not in the right spot...............Total fabrication

I'll call check the replay and call the AD's office tomorrow get my football money back, my donation, and tell them I don't like the hire so I wont watch or participate.

Go ahead Barnes screw up now threaten fans/ customers.

This gets better by the day! Thankfully I have a life that doesn't have to include PITT sports!

SO youre going to believe the same guy that said the Miller contract was imminent...............LOL Buffoons all of you

Around the 22:30 mark he said that they were going to stay above the noise and listed KS accomplishments and that if you were not impressed with that your not in the right spot...............Total fabrication
So, what do you think if you're now impressed with (stallings) you're not in the right spot, meant?

So, what do you think if you're now impressed with (stallings) you're not in the right spot, meant?

SO your saying that means the same thing as "You dont like the hire, then leave and dont watch"

Once again in your attempt to be the village contrarian, you come out looking like the village idiot.

Reactions: Team_Pitt_Fan

This is correct, and I didn't take this at all to mean "go away". Rather he seemed to say, "you should rethink this."

That's all I heard. If you are not impressed with "Stallings accomplishments" YOU ARE NOT IN THE RIGHT SPOT.

That is a far cry from the OPs inflamatory interpretation which of course set people off who will be looking for anything they can find to crucify Barnes.

It's another silly season on the Lair again.

That's all I heard. If you are not impressed with "Stallings accomplishments" YOU ARE NOT IN THE RIGHT SPOT.

That is a far cry from the OPs inflamatory interpretation which of course set people off who will be looking for anything they can find to crucify Barnes.

It's another silly season on the Lair again.
So, you're not in the right spot means what to fans listening, who have been less than excited by this hire?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT