ADVERTISEMENT

Home game on Friday

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
We're the only ACC team playing in Greensboro this week.

And we just played 2 games there last week.

Neutral locals in the arena are more likely to support Pitt because of our ACC affiliation and because we're the underdog. Plus, a lot of displaced Pittsburghers live in the Carolinas. Probably a lot more than Iowa State and Xavier fans.

Plus... neutral fans are probably sick of the Big 12 hype and will be rooting against ISU.

And the local Dukies have a soft spot in their hearts for Jeff Capel.

I hate Greensboro for the ACC tournament. But I *LOVE* that we're playing our next two games in that podunk town!

I’ve been saying all week I think it’s an advantage for Pitt that they are playing in a venue that they just played at barely a week ago. So they are familiar with the area there, the locker rooms etc. more so then Iowa State. Don’t know how much of an advantage it will be but I don’t think it can hurt either. I’m sure Capel will remind them how much they were embarrassed off the court there last week in their last game against Duke and how they will want to avenge that loss by playing well in Greensboro over the weekend.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Greensboro is pretty nice. I hope a lot of Pitt fans show up there, maybe get out and play some golf around the game. We need to make it loud there.

We're the only ACC team playing in Greensboro this week.

And we just played 2 games there last week.

Neutral locals in the arena are more likely to support Pitt because of our ACC affiliation and because we're the underdog. Plus, a lot of displaced Pittsburghers live in the Carolinas. Probably a lot more than Iowa State and Xavier fans.

Plus... neutral fans are probably sick of the Big 12 hype and will be rooting against ISU.

And the local Dukies have a soft spot in their hearts for Jeff Capel.

I hate Greensboro for the ACC tournament. But I *LOVE* that we're playing our next two games in that podunk town!
I will pull for every ACC team in this tournament, including (hold my nose) the Dukies. I am tired of this B12, BIG and SEC bullshit. Time to shut some National media types up.

I will pull for every ACC team in this tournament, including (hold my nose) the Dukies. I am tired of this B12, BIG and SEC bullshit. Time to shut some National media types up.
Exactly. Hope Duke goes undefeated in non-conference play every year, then 0-20 in the ACC.

I don’t have an answer for you but if UPitt89 replies with one don’t believe it, SMF says he gives bad info on these type questions
I didn't give SMF info on seating, lol.

All I told him is that Pitt was designated as the visiting team. Which was true. I have no idea how these arenas set up seating.

And by the way.... Pitt is the visiting team against ISU too. I also have zero idea what that means for seating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT