ADVERTISEMENT

Hornibrook - Transferring

IE, play a bunch of nobodies and stack easy wins so a coach like Chryst can appear successful and the sheep keep showing up to pay the bills. Well, until last year when they didn't win and sheep stopped showing up to their games.

Chryst is proof that sometimes ... not all, maybe not even most times ... the head coach himself can be almost superfluous to success. Definitely seems that way wth Chryst and Wisconsin. Admin support, alum support, system, and yeah, schedule, can sometimes make most of the dif.

I'll say this that i was bummed when that guy fled us, along with Chryst. But doesn't seem like it was much of a loss after all. Unless of course he ends up HERE as a transfer at some point, certainly not implausible...so maybe i should have waited to conclude that... nah...

He sat behind a good Oline and had the best running back in the B1G behind him. He wasn't asked to very much and still someone lead the nation in pick-rate over the last 2 years.

I said, many times. He's a terrible "game manager" and UW won because of their schedule and not the QB.

I know, I know, he played well in the Miami game after they shot. Other than that game he's been a liability.

Putting him behind Pitt's line, playing Pitt's schedule is basically premeditated homicide.

Most of my posts are simply responding to people who post stupid and/or uninformed nonsense on this board. Stuff like:

I'm dead serious he wouldn't even be 3rd string if he came here. Not in our young QB room.

Hornibrook is a decidedly mediocre P5 QB. What we presently have is worse than mediocre--or maybe you didn't watch a game last year. Patti hasn't taken a college snap. George Jr. is a piker. Beville will be a true freshman and is unlikely to get on the field for a year or two. Who knows how he will do at this level. Pickett-well, let's just say he hasn't shown himself to be a P5 level player to this point. He wasn't just bad last year--he was god awful.

And you're saying a guy who's 26-6 as a starter playing at a much more successful program wouldn't even have a seat in our QB room.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT