ADVERTISEMENT

How is it possible

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
You are wrestling against an injured wrestler and can not get even close to taking advantage of his handicap?

Good points, Persp. Those can be true along with a few more things:
1. Luca should have been more aggressive.
2. That match was officiated much differently than previous ones. When Pitt was backing up or playing the edge, stalling was called very quickly. Kharchla went to the edge multiple times and was given much more lenience than PItt wrestlers. He was called once, then gave up a point when the match was almost over
3. Luca didn't force the ref to call stalling. When he took Kharchla to the edge and then gave up a leg attack it wasted time, made it easier to avoid calling OSU for stalling and made Luca more hesitant.
4. It was 11-6. If Luca was overly aggressive, a takedown and rideout give OSU the major. It didn't look like Kharchla had that in him, but I also don't understand how he got in on a leg at that point.

Reactions: _DBHoops and persp
Good points, Persp. Those can be true along with a few more things:
1. Luca should have been more aggressive.
2. That match was officiated much differently than previous ones. When Pitt was backing up or playing the edge, stalling was called very quickly. Kharchla went to the edge multiple times and was given much more lenience than PItt wrestlers. He was called once, then gave up a point when the match was almost over
3. Luca didn't force the ref to call stalling. When he took Kharchla to the edge and then gave up a leg attack it wasted time, made it easier to avoid calling OSU for stalling and made Luca more hesitant.
4. It was 11-6. If Luca was overly aggressive, a takedown and rideout give OSU the major. It didn't look like Kharchla had that in him, but I also don't understand how he got in on a leg at that point.
I was losing my mind with the inequity of the stalling calls. It was so one sided to OSU. I really lost it when he let Karchla back up for an entire minute before tagging him for a point. Im glad Pitt overcame it because after the first 3 matches, I was expecting the refs to be the difference in the match.

I was losing my mind with the inequity of the stalling calls. It was so one sided to OSU. I really lost it when he let Karchla back up for an entire minute before tagging him for a point. Im glad Pitt overcame it because after the first 3 matches, I was expecting the refs to be the difference in the match.
I couldn't hold my tongue on Twitter after a while. If you want to call stalling like he was in the opening matches, that's fine, but be consistent about it when the home team is stalling.

1. Will
2. Adrenaline
3. Wrestlers are amongst the toughest MFers on the planet
4. He wasnt that injured. If he was, he would have forfeit.
Thanks for the reply.

My opinions:

1 - Before the injury I thought Pitt had little chance to win.
2 - Seeing the injury I doubted he could continue
3 - He seemed hampered for the rest of the match
4 - He was able to use his hands repeatedly and easily to keep him off his legs
5 - Same defense to the same attacks
6 - You have a chance against an injured wrestler for a win
7 - Maybe put yourself in danger just to get to his leg and see what happens - It was your only chance to win

Last edited:
Reactions: greekpanther
Thanks for the reply.

My opinions:

1 - Before the injury I thought Pitt had little chance to win.
2 - Seeing the injury I doubted he could continue
3 - He seemed hampered for the rest of the match
4 - He was able to use his hands repeatedly and easily to keep him off his legs
5 - Same defense to the same attacks
6 - You have a chance against an injured wrestler for a win
7 - Maybe put yourself in danger just to get to his leg and see what happens - It was your only chance to win
4- Your hands are your first line of defense. Karchla is very good and he uses his hands the right way.

7- The flip side to that is like Eric said, if he gets taken down and ridden out by going risky, then its a major decision and 4 team points instead of 3. That can make all of the difference in a match against a team like tOSU

4- Your hands are your first line of defense. Karchla is very good and he uses his hands the right way.

7- The flip side to that is like Eric said, if he gets taken down and ridden out by going risky, then its a major decision and 4 team points instead of 3. That can make all of the difference in a match against a team like tOSU
Accept your analysis - not a wrestler

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT