ADVERTISEMENT

How quickly many have jumped off the badwagon

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
It’s interesting but not surprising how fast Pitt fans jump off the bandwagon after one disappointing but not unforeseen loss.

Anyone who didn’t think this was a very dangerous game for the Panthers doesn’t follow sports or understand human nature

Is it incredibly disappointing losing to these jaggofs (I despise ND and their pompous fan base) especially knowing what could have been? For sure. Are there’s some trends defensively we’ve seen the last few games that are concerning ? For sure

But I’d you didn’t see the high potential for this happening you were not paying attention. As I said in a number of threads and predicted before the cuse game this was a classic trap game. Not to mention that they were due for an off night. Even the best pro sports teams have them The physical and emotional toll during a season can lead to stretches where a particular aspect of their game struggles. The panthers haven’t been playing that well on defense of late but were able to make key plays to overcome that trend and continue to win games Unfortunately tonight they were not able to come up with the key plays

You have to hope that with the maturity and character of this team they use this to hit the reset button and refocus. I’ll reserve any final judgement until the buzzer goes off on the last game they play this season Until then I’ll continue to just enjoy what has been a special season

I’m not off the bandwagon (ever)

I get pissed off in real time but bounce back pretty quickly …

Not like people projecting 5-6 steps/games ahead. That stuff is for the birds.

We should not have lost this game for sure but I predicted on Twitter this was like the last game at PITT stadium in reverse… a must win for ND in this case.

Yeah I think it’s the way they lost than the loss itself. When I went to bed Missouri was down 18 in first half to LSU. Woke up to Missouri winning by 5. Good teams can come back…

Yeah I think it’s the way they lost than the loss itself. When I went to bed Missouri was down 18 in first half to LSU. Woke up to Missouri winning by 5. Good teams can come back…

Yes, good teams do come back, as long as they are a complete team. Pitt is a decent team that lately has been playing poor defense. It would be rare to find a team like that coming back to win a game in most circumstances, especially in an emotional game against ND and Brey's final home game. We'll see how they react against Miami and in the ACCT. I hope the defensive struggles and trends don't continue. If they do, we'll be sweating it out on Selection Sunday after being firmly in the tournament for a while. 3 consecutive losses going into that won't be a good look.

It cuts both ways: People make grandiose statements after wins (e.g. "The one seeds aren't that good this year and we can beat Purdue.").

I don't think I've seen too many people disparaging this team and saying we suck now or anything. I still maintain that we're a good, but flawed, team that probably stole some wins with a nothing-to-lose mentality accompanied by a barrage of three pointers.

We did come back but needed ND to make a couple more mistakes and miss a couple of FTs in that last 60 seconds. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.

It cuts both ways: People make grandiose statements after wins (e.g. "The one seeds aren't that good this year and we can beat Purdue.").

I don't think I've seen too many people disparaging this team and saying we suck now or anything. I still maintain that we're a good, but flawed, team that probably stole some wins with a nothing-to-lose mentality accompanied by a barrage of three pointers.
That was the classic off night. Missing layups, FTs turning it over, ball was bouncing wrong, shooters were cold, some untimely bad calls, etc.

The team has its flaws but they win that game 9 times out of 10.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Pitt has 9 losses. Every team in America with nine losses can probably beat any team in the country on any given night and lose to 98 percent of teams on any given night.

Six Top 25 teams played unranked conference opponents that night. 50% lost, including one at home. Another, (Alabama) needed a furious comeback to win in OT.

Tell those fans jumping off the bandwagon to get some perspective.

Reactions: 303vND
It’s interesting but not surprising how fast Pitt fans jump off the bandwagon after one disappointing but not unforeseen loss.

Anyone who didn’t think this was a very dangerous game for the Panthers doesn’t follow sports or understand human nature

Is it incredibly disappointing losing to these jaggofs (I despise ND and their pompous fan base) especially knowing what could have been? For sure. Are there’s some trends defensively we’ve seen the last few games that are concerning ? For sure

But I’d you didn’t see the high potential for this happening you were not paying attention. As I said in a number of threads and predicted before the cuse game this was a classic trap game. Not to mention that they were due for an off night. Even the best pro sports teams have them The physical and emotional toll during a season can lead to stretches where a particular aspect of their game struggles. The panthers haven’t been playing that well on defense of late but were able to make key plays to overcome that trend and continue to win games Unfortunately tonight they were not able to come up with the key plays

You have to hope that with the maturity and character of this team they use this to hit the reset button and refocus. I’ll reserve any final judgement until the buzzer goes off on the last game they play this season Until then I’ll continue to just enjoy what has been a special season
I’d say you’re exaggerating reactions on here more than just a little. Posters can express disappointment or dismay without it being characterized as jumping off the bandwagon.

As far as me, I think I’m a little more concerned about our defense than what you expressed in your post. But again, that doesn’t mean I’m jumping off the bandwagon.

And I don’t agree that yesterday was a classic trap game. Yeah, Brey’s last home game gave ND a boost in motivation, but I’m sure our Pitt players were aware of that and were also fully aware of the opportunity in front of them. They surely weren’t looking past this game as is the case with a trap game. They just played poorly and maybe too tight given the importance of the game. ND played better and probably a lot looser as they weren’t playing for anything other than Brey.

On to Miami and hopefully a competitive game.

Well most weren't even on the bandwagon just a few short months ago.

To be fair we almost did come back last night. And we DID come back against UNC and Virginia earlier this season too.

I’d say you’re exaggerating reactions on here more than just a little. Posters can express disappointment or dismay without it being characterized as jumping off the bandwagon.

As far as me, I think I’m a little more concerned about our defense than what you expressed in your post. But again, that doesn’t mean I’m jumping off the bandwagon.

And I don’t agree that yesterday was a classic trap game. Yeah, Brey’s last home game gave ND a boost in motivation, but I’m sure our Pitt players were aware of that and were also fully aware of the opportunity in front of them. They surely weren’t looking past this game as is the case with a trap game. They just played poorly and maybe too tight given the importance of the game. ND played better and probably a lot looser as they weren’t playing for anything other than Brey.

On to Miami and hopefully a competitive game.
Agree with all of this.

Six Top 25 teams played unranked conference opponents that night. 50% lost, including one at home. Another, (Alabama) needed a furious comeback to win in OT.

Tell those fans jumping off the bandwagon to get some perspective.
Did any of them lose and look horribly doing so to a team that was 2-16 in conference???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT