ADVERTISEMENT

How tough is PSU schedule?

gary2

Athletic Director
Jul 21, 2001
Only 5 away games, plus:

Delaware and UMass

losing teams - Ind, MSU and Illinois

6-5 teams MD (plays Towson and Charlotte) Rutgers (plays Wager and Temple) NW (plays Howard and UTEP)

The only two true winning teams they beat were Iowa and WVU both at home

Last edited:
I think that’s one of the nice things about conferences both eliminating divisions and increasing their schedules. There’s less of those boring FCS/G5 games and more variety likely means more competitive games, especially with their westward expansion.

Reactions: 00southpaw
PSU versus Pitt 47-42-4

PSU versus current Big 10 teams

ILL 21-6
IND 25-2
IOWA 18-14
MD 43-3-1
MICH 10-17
MSU 18-17-1
MINN. 10-6
NEB. 8-10
NW. 16-5
OSU. 13-25
PUR 16-3-1
RUTG 31-2
WISC. 11-9

I am sure they would rather play their OCC plus 6 league members than Pitt.

Half of their league opponents might as well as be Wofford.

Last edited:
Uh....seriously? They would play Pitt every year if Pitt agreed to always play in State College...like a Wofford.
They’re afraid to do that too. Much like Paterno was afraid to report on Sandusky because football was more important. You’re “unrivaled” yet you spend your time here with your tiny d*** in your hand.

Only 5 away games, plus:

Delaware and UMass

losing teams - Ind, MSU and Illinois

6-5 teams MD (plays Towson and Charlotte) Rutgers (plays Wager and Temple) NW (plays Howard and UTEP)

The only two true winning teams they beat were Iowa and WVU both at home

The B10 is really bad. Its essentially 3 SEC teams and 11 MAC teams.

Raping era? The only rapes I witnessed were 48-14 and 51-6. I must say, I approved of both. Other than that, I'm just a fan.
Built off the backs of innocent children. Like I said, in your world they don’t matter. To you they were just collateral damage. No big deal, right?

PSU a better program than Pitt, but not by nearly as much as Michigan and Ohio St are better than PSU.

With the best PAC teams entering the league they will no longer be the distant #3 team, will be more like 4th or 5th best annually. When that happens I suspect the people at PSU will lose patience with Franklin, if their next choice at HC doesnt work out they will slip even further in the pecking order.

PSU a better program than Pitt, but not by nearly as much as Michigan and Ohio St are better than PSU.

With the best PAC teams entering the league they will no longer be the distant #3 team, will be more like 4th or 5th best annually. When that happens I suspect the people at PSU will lose patience with Franklin, if their next choice at HC doesnt work out they will slip even further in the pecking order.

I disagree. Penn State is probably somewhere around #10-15 on national scale (overall program; not just this season). Pitt is 40-45.

He supports a university that is, what, 5 times larger than ours with an alumni base that dwarfs ours 10 fold. And yet he’s obsessed with us. We all understand who we are and part of that is endearing to us because when it comes down to it, our university dwarfs his on things that really matter. And in the thing at his university that matters most, we rained on their parade a few short years ago and kept them from their dream of reaching a playoff. He doesn’t understand who he is and who PSU is, and that’s embarrassing.

Reactions: DruidTM
Wait til expansion and best of the PAC 10 gets there. UPS might find themselves down a few more notches and hanging with the conference MAC teams.

No. They get anyone they want in PA, NJ, and the DMV who doesn't want to go to OSU, Mich, or ND and sometimes beat those schools for players. Those 3 schools also recruit nationally. Narduzzi sucking at recruiting has greatly helped them.

They are still guaranteed 9-10 wins. Next year for example, they dont play Michigan. So they have 9 wins for getting off the bus and then a 3 game season with OSU, Wash, and USC and Washington being Top 10 isnt sustainable

He supports a university that is, what, 5 times larger than ours with an alumni base that dwarfs ours 10 fold. And yet he’s obsessed with us. We all understand who we are and part of that is endearing to us because when it comes down to it, our university dwarfs his on things that really matter. And in the thing at his university that matters most, we rained on their parade a few short years ago and kept them from their dream of reaching a playoff. He doesn’t understand who he is and who PSU is, and that’s embarrassing.
More students ( using this term loosely) flunk out and drop out of Ped st and all of its branch campuses than graduate from Pitt every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
The Big 10 isn't much different than the ACC other than at the top. In reality, if FSU and Clemson actually lived up to their prestige every year, the potential matches what Ohio State and Michigan bring. The ACC doesn't have a Penn State at No. 3. Beyond that, it's just a bunch of teams that aren't very good.

F Ped St! Let them rot in centre county and collect their pennsyltucky attendance award and 3rd place in the b1g every season.

Reactions: Blue Goose
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT