ADVERTISEMENT

Hugley commitment date

That is huge news because he had other big schools trying to get a OV and I last read he had 4 left and if that's still true JC has done a great job getting one of them!

Last edited:
Sounds like some of these guys better get on our bus now if they have a chance...Capel ain’t playin’

i dont think we have a chance with timberlake but i think we have a better chance with hall since he didn't commit to Florida

For whatever reasons I still think we sit okay with Timberlake. When these other guys commit, I think he is going to want to be a part of this...at least let’s hope so

I don’t mean to sound condescending but I feel like the point of a workout is to be winded/tired at the end.
I appreciate the first part - I didn't take it condescending...and I never thought about it that way. You're not wrong

Take a look at his pics from 2017 to now. This kid was over 300lbs just a few years ago. It’s not easy losing that kind of weight in high school. Kids like that usually become beasts in college. I have to admit, I was skeptical when we first started recruiting him. But, I now see a pretty skilled big with a lot of potential.
I remember reading somewhere or Hugley being interviewed and talking about his body transforming. Didn't realize it was that much (300lbs). He obviously has the want to and the drive, so - doesn't seem like there will be issues

If you watch his videos from his freshman/sophomore years- you would understand how hard he's worked and how much he's changed his body already. Working hard isn't an issue for this kid.
For sure - I didn't mean the post as a knock on the kids work ethic. He was given his body...it's transforming from everything I've seen. It needs to continue, but again - all signs point to that not being an issue

This should be good news for Pitt!

2020 3⭐️ C and Pitt target Ebenezer Dowuona commits to NC State. Likely the Wolfpack’s consolation prize for John Hugley.

Reactions: CapelsCranberryz
Pitt's first victory over NC State in recruiting in 20 years so NC State just goes and takes some other guy Pitt wanted. LOL. Would rather have Hugley though

Take a Xanax. It's comically obvious that Dowuona was plan B for both schools. Assuming Hugley does commit, Pitt won. Full stop. You can scratch NC State off of your insecurity checklist.

Take a Xanax. It's comically obvious that Dowuona was plan B for both schools. Assuming Hugley does commit, Pitt won. Full stop. You can scratch NC State off of your insecurity checklist.
Hugley is a done deal for Pitt. He is just waiting for his announcement party. Where will this 2 man class rank nationally with Collier and Hugley? I do anticipate more top players.

Hugley is a done deal for Pitt. He is just waiting for his announcement party. Where will this 2 man class rank nationally with Collier and Hugley? I do anticipate more top players.
I really wanted Pitt to have two really solid players signed early , now your playing with house money and can shoot for the big wins . A program in Pitts situation can’t rely on late signings when a lot of better programs become desperate to fill open spots .

The early signees help in selling the program to their buds and opposing coaches can’t use Pitts failures in recruiting against them . “ look they can’t get anyone like you to go there , just look who we have signed , come be part of a winning program “.

I feel JC will eventually fill his roster top to bottom with better players then we’re use to seeing in a Panther uniform . Without outside influences not sure anyone could rightfully expect the process of totally rebuilding the program to happen any faster .

We still wont have a Top 100 signed and with 3 classes almost done, Capel has only signed 1 consensus Top 100.
From where Pitt was he’s doing a fine job recruiting .

Remember Step Curry 242 , X was in the 200’s , numbers don’t ever tell the whole story . our beloved AB was a 6th round draft choice as was the guy whose going to down as the best Qb in the history of professional Fb .

The dork never marries the ex cheerleader until his bank account is filled with zeros . Success breeds success .

From where Pitt was he’s doing a fine job recruiting .

Remember Step Curry 242 , X was in the 200’s , numbers don’t ever tell the whole story . our beloved AB was a 6th round draft choice as was the guy whose going to down as the best Qb in the history of professional Fb .

The dork never marries the ex cheerleader until his bank account is filled with zeros . Success breeds success .

Steph Curry is not the example you’re looking for.

He was nationally rated in the 240’s that’s shows you guys slip through the cracks .

But it doesn’t. Curry didn’t skip through any cracks. He was the son of a legit NBA player that everyone knew was good but was absolutely tiny. That’s not slipping through the cracks.

But it doesn’t. Curry didn’t skip through any cracks. He was the son of a legit NBA player that everyone knew was good but was absolutely tiny. That’s not slipping through the cracks.

I agree, he didn't slip through the cracks. Everyone was simply wrong. That's different.

Reactions: Ski11585
Actually he was rated 256 by 247 and they had him listed at 6-2 165 lbs . I had on reliable sources that Tony Dorsett didn’t weighed that much in is his freshman year at Pitt . Playing RB in Fb is a little more physical than a guard in bb . Especially if you were ever on the field at historic Pitt Stadium , it was asphalt cover by an abrasive green carpet .
My point is that these rating services while useful don’t tell the whole story , everyone can recognize a talent like a Zion or a LaBron , but they make mistakes . Pitts Donte Taylor was highly rated as was Isaiah Epps ( jr yr ) there was even one and done talk surrounding Epps at the time of his recruitment .
Curry stepped right in and averaged over 20 ppg his freshman yr , I’m sure Pitt , Duke , Kentucky etc could’ve used him , but he slipped through the cracks because those who evaluate talent couldn’t get past his weight and he fell ( through the cracks ) to a powerhouse bb school like Davidson .
Obviously I’d rather have a class of highly rated guys , but if that’s the criteria you use X wouldn’t be a Panther . X fell through the cracks too , Nebraska and unfortunately Pitt right now aren’t the landing spots for the elite players . X’s play last season certainly was that of an elite freshman .

He was nationally rated in the 240’s that’s shows you guys slip through the cracks .
Guys slip thru cracks. Whether Curry did or not is the question. I mean he could have been rated correctly then got much better with time.

Guys slip thru cracks. Whether Curry did or not is the question. I mean he could have been rated correctly then got much better with time.
He averaged 20+ ppg his freshman yr , but he did improve that number his next two !

Aren't the ratings usually projecting the player's potential ceiling as perceived by the "experts" these days?

It won't rank well at all, but it's important to keep in mind that no 2 man class will ever rank well nationally unless both are top ~25 guys. For example, Indiana has the highest ranked 2 man class this year and it comes in at 53rd. The players are ranked 30th and 151st overall.

I really like Hugley and Collier fills a need without necessarily exciting me, but it's nice to add some size to the front court. Add Davis to that class and I'd be ecstatic.

Reactions: panther4life32
You know Hugley is top 100 right?

I said consensus. He's 94 with Rivals. 117 with 247 and not in ESPN 100. I am glad we are getting him. On paper, this is a big-time get for us. I am simply saying that through nearly 3 recruiting classes, McGowens is the only consensus Top 100. I know Xavier Johnson amounted to a Top 25 or Top 50 and we still have a chance to add some guys this year but if we don't start landing more Top 100s, making the NCAA Tournament is going to be very difficult

Wrong. He's 75 on 247. He's only 117 in their composite.

So we've got 94 on Rivals, 75 on 247 and ? on ESPN. Given that absolutely nobody takes ESPN seriously, I think we can safely call him a consensus top 100.

OK, that makes him #2 then. Good to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT