ADVERTISEMENT

I am guessing the Dude and his buddies might need to concoct a new rumor

I don't know if you're just messing with us or have a legit intellectual disability. The AAC was the ONLY game from 3:30-4:30 and the nation was highly interested to see if Cincy was going to clinch a CFP spot. At 8PM, the nation was highly interested in to see if Michigan was highly interested to see if Michigan would clinch a CFP spot. Pitt/Wake didnt register nationally. As much as I like Pitt, I dont know why anyone would watch that beyond the fanbases of both teams. As I said, its Kansas vs WVU for the B12C.

And the Big 12 was the LONE game at noon. The LONE game. Heck, we watched the end at Mellow Mushroom in Downtown Charlotte. Every TV in the place had it on. Why? It was the ONLY game.
Dude (of Pittsburgh)-you just don’t get it. The UC game absolutely did NOT draw a big rating. Everyone was watching Bama. It still beat Pitt.

I don’t care if it had playoff implications or not. A “Power 5” CCG game whips 2.7M. Hell, that’s WVU/VT if played on Fox and not FS1 in mid-Sept.

Based on McMurphy story, I could see following:

SEC: all current schools plus UNC, UVA and Clemson…any of these 3 could be SEC schools anyway, despite wine and cheese in first two instances.

B1G: all current schools plus ND, Stanford, OUW, FSU and Miami. B1G wants that FLA recruiting footprint! Additions out West truly does make it easier for LA schools.

B12: all current schools plus 4 corners PAC plus VT, GT, NCSU and Louisville. VERY GOOD cultural fits with all of these programs. This would be a very enjoyable conference with some good rivalries resuming. Of course, the revenue would be FAR behind P2.

This just makes way too much sense from everything being talked about by McMurphy. I have no idea if this is how it ends up but I’m more convinced that something like this is pretty likely.

You gotta hand it to Kevin Warren. He came out swinging today and essentially said the same thing that Yormark and Sankey said. Love aggressive and direct leadership.

After today, I’m starting to think the 2 supreme leaders want this all situated by 2026 (end of current CFP).

Last edited:
Based on McMurphy story, I could see following:

SEC: all current schools plus UNC, UVA and Clemson…any of these 3 could be SEC schools anyway, despite wine and cheese in first instance.

B1G: all current schools plus ND, Stanford, OUW, FSU and Miami. B1G wants that FLA recruiting footprint! Additions out West truly does make it easier for LA schools.

B12: all current schools plus 4 corners PAC plus VT, GT, NCSU and Louisville. VERY GOOD cultural fits with all of these programs. This would be a very enjoyable conference with some good rivalries resuming. Of course, the revenue would be FAR behind P2.

This just makes way too much sense from everything being talked about by McMurphy. I have no idea if this is how it ends up but I’m more convinced that something like this is pretty likely.

You gotta hand it to Kevin Warren. He came out swinging today and essentially said the same thing that Yormark and Sankey said. Love aggressive and direct leadership.

After today, I’m starting to think the 2 supreme leaders want this all situated by 2026 (end of current CFP).
The B12 isn’t purging anyone from the p5 just like they have been unable to for 15 years .
Jesus H Christ you delusional dope

it’s far more likely KU goes to the Pac10 like Colorado and the Big CUSA is relegated

Dude (of Pittsburgh)-you just don’t get it. The UC game absolutely did NOT draw a big rating. Everyone was watching Bama. It still beat Pitt.

I don’t care if it had playoff implications or not. A “Power 5” CCG game whips 2.7M. Hell, that’s WVU/VT if played on Fox and not FS1 in mid-Sept.
You are really that dumb arent you? Wake Forest is the worst P5 brand and has the smallest P5 fanbase. Had the ACC decided to have Clemson play in that game in its place, it easily beats the American. If Wake were in the American, it probably would have the lowest fanbase in that league let alone the ACC. I dont know what you dont get. NOBODY is watching an inconsequential ACCCG featuring Wake. Heck, Pitt/Clem a few weeks earlier drew 2.16 million in a crowded 3:30 spot.

America doesn't say "man, I have to set up my Saturday to watch Championship X, Y, and Z." Championships to Joe Football Fan are irrelevant. They tune in for CFP play-ins. OK St was unopposed at noon, Cincy waz unopposed from 330-430 and during SEC halftime. Michigan had a very bad ACC game as its comp. I don't know how much easier I can make this for you. If #3 Clemson was playing #10 Pitt at 8 vs #15 Rutgers vs #16 Illinois, the B10 game would get pounded and you know that.

The B12 isn’t purging anyone from the p5 just like they have been unable to for 15 years .
Jesus H Christ you delusional dope

it’s far more likely KU goes to the Pac10 like Colorado and the Big CUSA is relegated
The thing is, the way Warren was talking, they are going to go after the final big brands in the pac and acc. The big xii lost all of theirs so they will be the most "stable" if you want to call it that, conference. If Oregon and Washington go the other pac schools will go to the big xii imo.

At the end of the day I just hope pitt ends up in the best "leftover" conference with schools like okie state, wvu etc. This is where this is heading.

Reactions: WVUinColumbus
The thing is, the way Warren was talking, they are going to go after the final big brands in the pac and acc. The big xii lost all of theirs so they will be the most "stable" if you want to call it that, conference. If Oregon and Washington go the other pac schools will go to the big xii imo.

At the end of the day I just hope pitt ends up in the best "leftover" conference with schools like okie state, wvu etc. This is where this is heading.
This is why the ACC (and schools like Pitt, BC, GT, Lou, etc) need to be pushing hard for expansion by adding the best brands left.

Lets say the ACC adds the best 10 brands/markets left: Wash, Oregon, Cal, Stanford, Az, Utah, Col, KU, OK St, TT. That further weakens the Big 12.

There's realistically 8 spots left in the P2. Miami, FSU, Clemson, UNC are locks. UVa probably. Duke probably. Oregon and Washington? Lets say those 8 leave. That drops the ACC from 24 to 16. They can then finish off the Big 12 by adding WVU, UCF, and a couple Texas schools.

THIS would be a decent end-game conference. Not what we want but decent

BC
Syr
Pitt
WVU
VT
UCF
Lou
NC State
Wake
GT
Kansas
OK St
TT
Houston
TCU or Baylor
Utah
Colorado
AZ
Cal
Stanford

Possible further expansion
USF
Cincy
San Diego St
UNLV
Arizona State
Memphis

The pac 10 would absorb Kansas (which is the only program with anything -
There is literally no chance the b12 is poaching anyone -
Because as noted - despite losing Nebraska , Colorado , Missouri , TAMU, Texas and Oklahoma -
They were unable to purge anyone from a major conference

why in the hell would they suddenly be able to in a far weaker position after losing the only 2 programs worth a damn?
It’s nonsense

The pac 10 would absorb Kansas (which is the only program with anything -
There is literally no chance the b12 is poaching anyone -
Because as noted - despite losing Nebraska , Colorado , Missouri , TAMU, Texas and Oklahoma -
They were unable to purge anyone from a major conference

why in the hell would they suddenly be able to in a far weaker position after losing the only 2 programs worth a damn?
It’s nonsense
Because the situation has changed. The Pac has lost USC and UCLA, and IF (and only if) Oregon and Washington defect as well, then the situation is completely different, and I'd put the Big XII at the advantage in that situation. And I can then fully see them adding the AZ schools, Colorado and Utah.

Now I agree, that if Oregon and Washington reaffirm their committment to the conference and no one else leaves, and they get a decent contract, no one is going to the Big XII.

Because the situation has changed. The Pac has lost USC and UCLA, and IF (and only if) Oregon and Washington defect as well, then the situation is completely different, and I'd put the Big XII at the advantage in that situation. And I can then fully see them adding the AZ schools, Colorado and Utah.

Now I agree, that if Oregon and Washington reaffirm their committment to the conference and no one else leaves, and they get a decent contract, no one is going to the Big XII.
The pac 10 is still 10x more attractive than the leftover cusa conference
You have to be an idiot to think otherwise

The Big XII is in a good spot to be the loser conference that other losers go to when this is all done playing out.

Now whether you take much comfort in that if you’re a current Big XII fan, I don’t know.

so ESPN ups the offer to the pac 10, asks for the GOR to go with it and now the big 10 Commish says something publicly how they "could" expand. i think really just a bluff to get schools like oregon and washington to not sign the GOR. Of course that's just a guess..

These conference leaders seem to think the GOR are iron clad. im surprised and relieved honestly, it is our saving grace.

so ESPN ups the offer to the pac 10, asks for the GOR to go with it and now the big 10 Commish says something publicly how they "could" expand. i think really just a bluff to get schools like oregon and washington to not sign the GOR. Of course that's just a guess..

These conference leaders seem to think the GOR are iron clad. im surprised and relieved honestly, it is our saving grace.
No its not. Nobody is signing a GOR.

The pac 10 is still 10x more attractive than the leftover cusa conference
You have to be an idiot to think otherwise
With Oregon and Washington, I agree. W/O them. I don't know. But we'll see as this plays out.

Just based on Warren's comments, the BIG isn't done yet. Which means the SEC isn't. And any school that gets an invite to those two conferences will be going. It's only a matter of when.

Lets say Oregon and Washington leave, which I dont think happens for several years or longer, this is how I would rank the programs based on money and markets that are left in the B12 and P12

1. Colorado
2. Stanford
3. Arizona
4. California
5. Utah
6. Arizona State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Kansas
10. BYU
11. Baylor
12. TCU
13. Houston
14. Cincy
15. UCF
16. WVU
17. Kansas State
18. Iowa State
19. Oregon State
20. Washington State

Why would the top 6 programs on this list want to join lesser programs instead of jumping to a conference to fly cross country. The P12 could get a few B12 members and then maybe add schools like San Diego State and UNLV to keep more of a west coast feel

Lets say Oregon and Washington leave, which I dont think happens for several years or longer, this is how I would rank the programs based on money and markets that are left in the B12 and P12

1. Colorado
2. Stanford
3. Arizona
4. California
5. Utah
6. Arizona State
7. Oklahoma State
8. Texas Tech
9. Kansas
10. BYU
11. Baylor
12. TCU
13. Houston
14. Cincy
15. UCF
16. WVU
17. Kansas State
18. Iowa State
19. Oregon State
20. Washington State

Why would the top 6 programs on this list want to join lesser programs instead of jumping to a conference to fly cross country. The P12 could get a few B12 members and then maybe add schools like San Diego State and UNLV to keep more of a west coast feel
Now I can see why your own board members scoff at you, not that I didn't see any of that before this. But I don't know who you think you're fooling if you think UCF, Cincy and probably a handful of other schools like one or both of the Arizona schools are worth more than WVU. You're fool of crap.

Now I can see why your own board members scoff at you, not that I didn't see any of that before this. But I don't know who you think you're fooling if you think UCF, Cincy and probably a handful of other schools like one or both of the Arizona schools are worth more than WVU. You're fool of crap.
UCF and Cincy are debatable and I could see people valuing WVU higher. Not the Arizona's though. Are you nuts? Arizona State is in Phoenix (well down the road) and AZ is the flagship school of a state which has almost 6 million more people than WV and growing.

WVU consistently punches above its weight and gets a lot from a very small but extremely loyal fanbase. But money and markets matter.

With Oregon and Washington, I agree. W/O them. I don't know. But we'll see as this plays out.

Just based on Warren's comments, the BIG isn't done yet. Which means the SEC isn't. And any school that gets an invite to those two conferences will be going. It's only a matter of when.
Yes even without Oregon and wash
Hell Oregon state, wash state, and the Arizona schools - let along Cal- are better than anything which will be in the B12 after Texas and Oklahoma are gone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT