ADVERTISEMENT

I may vote "No" on season tickets next year.

I support lair members who keep the same handle for years, through good post, feeble posts, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to 'like' and to chide, till death do they part.”

Hypothetical. Pitt may have had an NIT game at 9 pm on Wednesday. Does Chrush15 go or complain that he has to work and get the kids to bed?

It wouldn't have mattered. Attendance at NIT games is usually abysmal. It was for Pitt the last time we were in. It would have been The Zoo half filled and maybe another 2,000 there. That would have been depressing to me to sit there for what amounts to an end of season exhibition game.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
It wouldn't have mattered. Attendance at NIT games is usually abysmal. It was for Pitt the last time we were in. It would have been The Zoo half filled and maybe another 2,000 there. That would have been depressing to me to sit there for what amounts to an end of season exhibition game.

They should play the NIT at a single site like in the old days at MSG.

Very good chance they don't have to worry about big-timing any bowl bids this season, lol.

That's for sure. But nowadays, they give out bowl bids to teams with losing records or 0.500 teams. They are meaningless unless you're talking about maybe 4 or 5 of them. And Pitt hasn't been to a real bowl in decades. I doubt that will change any time soon. We went to the 2005 Fiesta Bowl and lost 35-7 to Utah. Before that it was the 1984 Fiesta Bowl where we lost to O$U, 28-23. Pitt just doesn't go to real bowl games any longer.

That's for sure. But nowadays, they give out bowl bids to teams with losing records or 0.500 teams. They are meaningless unless you're talking about maybe 4 or 5 of them. And Pitt hasn't been to a real bowl in decades. I doubt that will change any time soon. We went to the 2005 Fiesta Bowl and lost 35-7 to Utah. Before that it was the 1984 Fiesta Bowl where we lost to O$U, 28-23. Pitt just doesn't go to real bowl games any longer.
Pitt was in the Peach Bowl two seasons ago.

Reactions: pittguy81
Pitt was in the Peach Bowl two seasons ago.

That's usually a second tier bowl. I consider the Sugar, Orange, Rose, Cotton, Fiesta as the major bowls. Peach falls below those bowls as a secondary bowl. If it's even considered a top tier bowl for that one season, so that's 1 real bowl in decades. That's not a good trend but typical of this program now.

Reactions: Islanderpanther
Not really...educate yourself...it's not 1968

Part of the new system College Football Play-offs nothing bigger......

I don't care. I don't have the time to care about college football any longer, especially since they're now professionals and not student-athletes. I only have time for college basketball, even though they're also professionals and not really students. Just more fun to watch. The bowls now are a joke, except for maybe 3 or 4 of them.

Losers quit. Why should I invest my time watching a bunch of quitters who are, in effect, losers?
I thought quitters quit and losers lost? You mean to tell me that when my favorite team lost in OT that they are actually quitting?

I feel pretty confident than Heather ain’t gonna miss your sorry ass.

Reactions: PittPoker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT