ADVERTISEMENT

I thought recruiting rankings dont matter

QB is the most important position in all of sports. Talent CAN make up for subpar QB play but not always. If I was one of those blue bloods, I would trade like 10-15 4-5 stars for just 1 guaranteed 1st Round NFL QB. I know there's no guarantees but just saying. One of Miami's biggest issues is they haven't had a QB in the ACC. The best was Kaaya and he had them at 11-0
Yeah I think Van Dyke is pretty good. We shall see.

That's certainly been a Texas problem. Florida. LSU are others. LSU is the perfect example, Joe Burrows then a bunch of hacks.

FL’s problem has been recruiting in general. First requirement to being elite is elite recruiting.
QB hasn’t been that bad. At least under Mullen.
But very good recruiting only gets you so far in the SEC.

FL’s problem has been recruiting in general. First requirement to being elite is elite recruiting.
QB hasn’t been that bad. At least under Mullen.
But very good recruiting only gets you so far in the SEC.
I really don't know how Will Muschamp managed not just one, but he got TWO Head Coaching jobs in the SEC. Florida has made some curious coaching decisions, though I thought Mullen would be a home run.

Reactions: cashisking884
QB is the most important position in all of sports. Talent CAN make up for subpar QB play but not always. If I was one of those blue bloods, I would trade like 10-15 4-5 stars for just 1 guaranteed 1st Round NFL QB.

This is also why the idea that collectives are going to stop buying QBs that rank as Top 50 recruits if one or two don’t hit is silly.

It’s the most important position. You’re going to keep paying for the most important position, at a ranking level that gives you an extremely high hit rate at that position. Even if you miss.

I really don't know how Will Muschamp managed not just one, but he got TWO Head Coaching jobs in the SEC. Florida has made some curious coaching decisions, though I thought Mullen would be a home run.

Mullen’s problem is he always sucked as a recruiter. And the UF brand can only make up for that so much. But it’s not going to allow you to beat out Ohio State or Bama or UGA on the trail, because then the brands cancel themselves out and the sellers take over.

I don’t care what school you’re at, you should have the reputation as an elite recruiter. The results should be elite relative to that school. If they aren’t, you aren’t all of a sudden going to get a personality just because you’re now at a bigger school.

Oddly enough though UF went in a completely different direction with Napier and their fans are freaking out because he’s also getting his ass kicked on the trail.

At this point it’s starting to look like administrative incompetence.

This is also why the idea that collectives are going to stop buying QBs that rank as Top 50 recruits if one or two don’t hit is silly.

It’s the most important position. You’re going to keep paying for the most important position, at a ranking level that gives you an extremely high hit rate at that position. Even if you miss.
I think the cost of a cant-miss QB is going to go up. Let's say Trevor Lawrence is in next year's class. You mean to tell me he isn't worth $30 million for 3 years? $50 million? You can only buy so many lockers and new carpet.

I think the cost of a cant-miss QB is going to go up. Let's say Trevor Lawrence is in next year's class. You mean to tell me he isn't worth $30 million for 3 years? $50 million? You can only buy so many lockers and new carpet.

Arch Manning is the highest rated recruit ever. He is the “Lawrence.” And no reports are out there that he commanded that kind of money.

Arch Manning is the highest rated recruit ever. He is the “Lawrence.” And no reports are out there that he commanded that kind of money.
I’m sure he’s getting a lucrative deal, but he’s more of an exception to the rule considering his family is financially set.

2022 depth chart

QB TVD 4 ⭐️ 5.8
QB Jake 4 ⭐️. 6.0 borderline 5 star ⭐️
RB Jayl. 4 star 🌟 5.8
RB parri 4 star ⭐️ 5.8
TE millo 4 ⭐️ 5.8
TEcarri. 4 ⭐️ 5.8
TE Skin. 4 ⭐️ 6.0
WR Geor 4 ⭐️ 5.8
WR smith 4 star ⭐️ 5.8
We Lads 4 ⭐️ 6.0
WR Rest 4 ⭐️ 5.8
To be Continue

The coaching staff must really suck to play that bad with all this bought talent.

Is Ruiz asking for a refund yet?

Miami has been horrible for a long time no discipline, no hard work, living in the past, just assuming because you’re a 4 or 5 star recruit it will translate to winning, wrong mentality, and yes coming back to the present Mario could be overrated as a HC, but his coaching staff it’s not. When the 2023 recruiting cycle ends Miami could have a top 3 class and you add a magnificent coaching staff. Well you have to be crazy to expect the same results. Miami will be a force in the ACC and one of the top 5 teams in CF in the next two years.

How is that climb to top 5 status going? Asking for a friend.

Miami recruiting rankings last four years: 31, 12, 13, 35.

That's an average if 23, plus a coaching change to poor head coach. They aren't anywhere near a top 5 team.

Their fired their coach to hire a guy who got crushed by Utah twice in the same season, with the talent and resources at Oregon. He's not the coach for them.

Hire Leech or Gundy and it's another story for the U.

Their fired their coach to hire a guy who got crushed by Utah twice in the same season, with the talent and resources at Oregon. He's not the coach for them.

Hire Leech or Gundy and it's another story for the U.
Lane Kiffin would have been good, too.

Also note how Oregon got better without Cristobal.

Eh.
They beat OSU last year with him.

Oregon fans, even when Cristobal was there, pointed to this being the year that they would compete for the playoffs, because this is the year his recruiting would completely dominate the roster.

It’s not a shock to see them do well this year.

Eh.
They beat OSU last year with him.

Oregon fans, even when Cristobal was there, pointed to this being the year that they would compete for the playoffs, because this is the year his recruiting would completely dominate the roster.

It’s not a shock to see them do well this year.

And tO$U couldn't win a pathetic B1G last year..

And tO$U couldn't win a pathetic B1G last year..

My only point is Oregon didn’t suck last year.

They beat a pretty damn good OSU team on the road and played for the conference championship.

I don’t think this Oregon team is so much better than last year’s.
This year’s team just looks like a team that ranks 7th in the Team Talent Calculator, with the best talent now being upperclassmen.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT