ADVERTISEMENT

I told you all 5 days ago this would be like last year's ND game

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
And I made money at Rivers because of it.

To the dude who wanted to bet me about the one score game prediction... i shouldve taken the bet.

Our coach blew this game.

You were right but there's no guarantee we win if he goes for it on 4th down.
There is no downside to going for it on 4th down.

Even if FG is good, Pitt still has to go for TD on last posession.

A made or missed FG there makes no difference at all.

Yes, no guarantee we win if he goes for it... but damn near guarantee we lose by NOT going for it.

The odds of winning do not go up AT ALL with a made FG.

And I made money at Rivers because of it.

To the dude who wanted to bet me about the one score game prediction... i shouldve taken the bet.

Our coach blew this game.
Numerous dropped passes, dropped INT, missed tackles, and poor run blocking were the reason why we lost. The coaches put our guys in position to win.

Numerous dropped passes, dropped INT, missed tackles, and poor run blocking were the reason why we lost. The coaches put our guys in position to win.

Where was the dropped INT? Not doubting it... just curious. That one in the end zone looked like Stocker dropped in, but it actually hit their guy's hand.

Narduzzi took any chance to win away with the FG attempt from the one.

The PLAYERS put NARDUZZI in position to win... especially Pickett and Mack. And Narduzzi blew it.

You have it exactly backwards.

There is no downside to going for it on 4th down.

Even if FG is good, Pitt still has to go for TD on last posession.

A made or missed FG there makes no difference at all.

Yes, no guarantee we win if he goes for it... but damn near guarantee we lose by NOT going for it.

The odds of winning do not go up AT ALL with a made FG.

With a made FG, they would be playing for a win on the last possession instead of a tie.

Poor run blocking more than anything else. It will hold them back all season unless it improves significantly or they overcome it by creative play calling. Other than that, they made some big plays which certainly at least cancelled out the other mistakes.

With a made FG, they would be playing for a win on the last possession instead of a tie.
And?

Still would need a td.

And he could go for 2 if he didnt want OT.

Literally neither team plays that last drive differently if the lead is 4 or 7.

Are you talking about Stocker in the end Zone? That was not a dropped interception. He had one armed pinned by a receiver.

I guess if Mack would not have made the catch at the one, it would have been a "dropped pass"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT