ADVERTISEMENT

I want to know where the naysayers are.

The schedule ended up being dog poop, especially the ACC schedule. PSU was a tough game and UCF is looking like an OK win at this point.

Losing to Miami was unacceptable. Going 9-3 would be decent, but again we are falling into the same trap we did with wanny...yeah, he went 9-3 but the schedule was crap.

I'll play along. With this schedule, and you're allowed to use hindsight, what would kind of record should we have expected? Follow up question, do you think the ACC is about the same as the old Big East?

I'll play along. With this schedule, and you're allowed to use hindsight, what would kind of record should we have expected? Follow up question, do you think the ACC is about the same as the old Big East?

The ACC schedule this year is probably the weakest conference schedule we’ve had since the big East days.

They should be 8-2 and 5-1 in the ACC. The Miami game was inexcusable. They should be controlling their destiny right now, but blew that with the Miami game. The UVA game was ugly, but I’ll give a pass for the first game.

Reactions: Panthertag
I’m wondering why so few discussed the over thrown passes ... ? Yeah their QB played well overall but he also had a seemingly large amount of over throws last night working to our advantage of course but.... noted. If Pickett had that many people here would have been screaming
He went bizarrely cold and had to have missed 6 deep shots that would have all likely ended up in TDs.
But, you know what, his first few years pretty much every QB in the ACC was dropping dimes on those passes on them, NC included, so for this one game at least they caught a break.

SisadaPITT?

SeanMillerFan?

H2P 2003?

Did I miss anyone?

Win or lose, they’re always here to tell us how Pitt is a bad program and long for the thrilling days of Paul Chryst.

Come back and give us more of your wisdom!
Ahhhh yes......it was time. My favorite type of posts. The "I told you so" posts calling out those negative of a program who has not had a season of less than 3 losses since 1981........who has had one double digit win season since then..........like those critics are spoiled brats who have seen so much success.

Come on......stupid post. Enjoy it. Don't blast others, why do some of you do this? Why can't you be happy....for yourselves?

Reactions: h2p_5150
I’m personally good with winning games Pitt has no business winning. Undeserved is cool. Stealing one is also just fine. I’d even take the win if the other team just gave away the game. I’ll also state for the record that I’m good with blind luck, dumb luck, and just being lucky.

Sure beats Pitting.
YEP.

He went bizarrely cold and had to have missed 6 deep shots that would have all likely ended up in TDs.
But, you know what, his first few years pretty much every QB in the ACC was dropping dimes on those passes on them, NC included, so for this one game at least they caught a break.

The level of QB we were playing was also MUCH higher. That 2016 schedule was insane. Watson, Rudolph, trubisky, Daniel jones, not to mention some really good receivers too.

I’ve said all year that the defense is much better, but last night showed they aren’t as good as some are saying. They have benefitted from playing some extremely anemic offenses.

The ACC schedule this year is probably the weakest conference schedule we’ve had since the big East days.

They should be 8-2 and 5-1 in the ACC. The Miami game was inexcusable. They should be controlling their destiny right now, but blew that with the Miami game. The UVA game was ugly, but I’ll give a pass for the first game.

Wait a minute, why do they get a pass for UVA if Miami is unforgivable?

The schedule ended up being dog poop, especially the ACC schedule. PSU was a tough game and UCF is looking like an OK win at this point.

Losing to Miami was unacceptable. Going 9-3 would be decent, but again we are falling into the same trap we did with wanny...yeah, he went 9-3 but the schedule was crap.

As far as Miami goes they still have more talent that we do. You can not give them three turnovers and expect to win. We were in it with the nits because we did not commit the errors in that game like we did against Miami. When you are playing a team with more talent you have less margin for error.

I really thing your expectations are a little unrealistic if you are unhappy with 9-3 for this team when going into the season we were replacing 4 starters on the oline and 2 1,000 yard backs.

Granted the defense carried this team more times than not but anyone not happy with 9-3 really needs their head examined, no offense to you.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Ahhhh yes......it was time. My favorite type of posts. The "I told you so" posts calling out those negative of a program who has not had a season of less than 3 losses since 1981........who has had one double digit win season since then..........like those critics are spoiled brats who have seen so much success.

Come on......stupid post. Enjoy it. Don't blast others, why do some of you do this? Why can't you be happy....for yourselves?

Ahhhhhhh BULL$HIT! Constructive and level headed criticism is always welcomed. I laid into Narduzzi and the program a few times this year (after the Virginia and PSU games). I’m also the one who pointed out we’ve had only ONE 10 win season since 1982. I even listed teams that have.

Finding negativity in everything Pitt BEFORE and AFTER a win is downright pathetic.

Your post is misguided, uninformed and just plain stupid...

Let him enjoy his moment. There was a lot of negativity about this game the last few days.

I think the issue becomes that there are some people, like President stache, who label anyone who has a negative opinion a nitter. He also tends to make up stuff that isn’t true to defend Narduzzi.

The win was great. Being 7-3 is great. There are still many very concerning issues and I’m really not sure if the record is due to a good team or playing a very mediocre schedule.

I felt bad for number 7 but that also highlighted how little depth Pitt has in the secondary to have such a steep drop off after Hamlin went out.

Pitt had no business winning this game as Carolina has several potential deep passing plays for touchdowns either dropped by receivers or overthrown by their quarterback. Been a while since I have seen their secondary dominated like that.

But I am happy they won but this just illustrates that Pitt can’t suffer any injuries to their secondary for the rest of the season and hopefully they can recruit some depth for next season.

Also excellent crowd turnout
They have depth at cb. Part of the problem is they are putting a safety sometimes one on one with a wr. In the NFL a team would defense that offense with a nickel on most plays and a dime defense on third downs.

I’m here. Phone died at the game. Good win, but still ugly. If they don’t win the coastal the year is still slightly disappointing
8-4 is a very good year when you consider what they lost on offense from last year and the injuries to two of their best dl men before the 2nd game. Almost every national publication had them at 5 to 7 wins.

8-4 is a very good year when you consider what they lost on offense from last year and the injuries to two of their best dl men before the 2nd game. Almost every national publication had them at 5 to 7 wins.

counterpoint...yes, they lost a ton on offense from last year, but those players they lost were almost exclusively Chryst players.

my biggest concern is that pat has not recruited offensive players well at all.

tell us more about how you feel about the miami game...

i'll have to rewatch game but im not sure i agree with this. they were protecting him pretty well in first half especially. i don't recall some of these over throws being the result of defensive pressure, just bad throws.

but again, i could be wrong and will re-watch. nothing wrong with being on the lucky end of an over thrown ball to an open WR. Lord knows we've been on the other side our fair share..

No you are correct the two overthrows that were sure TD’s were just bad throws not results of pressure. The last play of the game we did win because of pressure and if not for that pressure he hits a wide open guy across the field but they did get it done when it mattered most

Ahhhhhhh BULL$HIT! Constructive and level headed criticism is always welcomed. I laid into Narduzzi and the program a few times this year (after the Virginia and PSU games). I’m also the one who pointed out we’ve had only ONE 10 win season since 1982. I even listed teams that have.

Finding negativity in everything Pitt BEFORE and AFTER a win is downright pathetic.

Your post is misguided, uninformed and just plain stupid...

When you take on a Lair Hall of Famer like this, the consequences could be dire. Owtie is a made man, Meister! Remember what happened to BIlly Batz.

counterpoint...yes, they lost a ton on offense from last year, but those players they lost were almost exclusively Chryst players.

my biggest concern is that pat has not recruited offensive players well at all.
I agree they haven't recruited on offense the way they need to, but the young we look pretty good, qb seems to be progressing and the highest rated one is a freshman. You can't judge the ol until next year.

I think the issue becomes that there are some people, like President stache, who label anyone who has a negative opinion a nitter. He also tends to make up stuff that isn’t true to defend Narduzzi.

The win was great. Being 7-3 is great. There are still many very concerning issues and I’m really not sure if the record is due to a good team or playing a very mediocre schedule.

I don’t care how they win or why they win. I was as wrong as anyone about this season back in September and I couldn’t be happier about that. But a lot of guys called this a loss because “Pitt is Pitt” or “I’m going with UNC until Pitt proves me wrong”. @pittmeister is calling them out.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I don’t care how they win or why they win. I was as wrong as anyone about this season back in September and I couldn’t be happier about that. But a lot of guys called this a loss because “Pitt is Pitt” or “I’m going with UNC until Pitt proves me wrong”. @pittmeister is calling them out.
Ok? It’s not like they blew them out. They won in OT. I predicted a close loss because I thought the offense wouldn’t be effective and that the defense would be exposed against a better offense.

the defense was exposed, but the offense stepped up, and I’m glad pitt won.

and I fully admit it. After the UVA gamE I thought they’d go 4-8 or 5-7....I did not realize how bad the ACC coastal was. Let’s be clear that playing in this division is masking a ton of faults.

Ok? It’s not like they blew them out. They won in OT. I predicted a close loss because I thought the offense wouldn’t be effective and that the defense would be exposed against a better offense.

the defense was exposed, but the offense stepped up, and I’m glad pitt won.

and I fully admit it. After the UVA gamE I thought they’d go 4-8 or 5-7....I did not realize how bad the ACC coastal was. Let’s be clear that playing in this division is masking a ton of faults.

So now you've switched to a schedule strength and margin of victory argument. OK, I'll play long...

1) The Coastal is the Coastal. It's been virtually the same since Pitt entered it. A bunch of competitive teams without any clearly dominant programs. 2019 is no different than many of the other years.

2) If a close win isn't much different than a close loss, I guess you'll concede the coastal teams aren't as bad as you seem to think they are. Since Pitt could have beaten PSU, Miami could have beaten Florida, VT could have beaten ND, and UNC could have beaten Clemson.

You want to believe the Coastal sucks because that's all you can hang your hat on now. When in reality, it's been the same since Pitt joined.

When you take on a Lair Hall of Famer like this, the consequences could be dire. Owtie is a made man, Meister! Remember what happened to BIlly Batz.

Thanks for the tip! It’s fun expressing hostility every once in a while. Never hard feelings between me and fellow Pitt fans. I like owtie’s posts.

Reactions: Panthers2015
SisadaPITT?

SeanMillerFan?

H2P 2003?

Did I miss anyone?

Win or lose, they’re always here to tell us how Pitt is a bad program and long for the thrilling days of Paul Chryst.

Come back and give us more of your wisdom!

You forgot about the faux Pitt fan "thebadby2" who mysteriously disappears for days after any Pitt win.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Thanks for the tip! It’s fun expressing hostility every once in a while. Never hard feelings between me and fellow Pitt fans. I like owtie’s posts.
I just don't see much negativity and if so, from the usual suspects so I don't give them much time.

leading at half in every game (I'm gonna call the PSU game tie a lead since the kid had to kick a school record kick to get there so sue me) and still having 3 loses kind of stings also...

I’m wondering why so few discussed the over thrown passes ... ? Yeah their QB played well overall but he also had a seemingly large amount of over throws last night working to our advantage of course but.... noted. If Pickett had that many people here would have been screaming

i agree big double standard. howell is praised but honestly couldnt hit a deep throw to save his life. pickett is crucified

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT