ADVERTISEMENT

If Montverde played D1 college this season

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
How do they do?

They have Cooper Flagg plus the #13, 15, 16, 24, and 91 recruits.

I think they finish ahead of Louisville. Maybe go 3-17 in the ACC. But would win a lot of those mid-major and low major leagues

BTW, when did the Overtime Elite pros start to be able to play college basketball? I remember when it first came out, they were paying players $100K to skip college basketball. Now, I suppose, instead of paying them a salary, they are paying them NIL so they can retain college eligibility. This is all so stupid. When NCAA unlimited eligibility starts, perhaps the NBA will pay NIL instead of a salary so guys like Justin Champagnie or DeJuan Blair could have come back to college basketball once their NBA days were over. After all, they were never pros in this model. The Spurs were just paying Blair NIL to do a few hospital visits.

How do they do?

They have Cooper Flagg plus the #13, 15, 16, 24, and 91 recruits.

I think they finish ahead of Louisville. Maybe go 3-17 in the ACC. But would win a lot of those mid-major and low major leagues

BTW, when did the Overtime Elite pros start to be able to play college basketball? I remember when it first came out, they were paying players $100K to skip college basketball. Now, I suppose, instead of paying them a salary, they are paying them NIL so they can retain college eligibility. This is all so stupid. When NCAA unlimited eligibility starts, perhaps the NBA will pay NIL instead of a salary so guys like Justin Champagnie or DeJuan Blair could have come back to college basketball once their NBA days were over. After all, they were never pros in this model. The Spurs were just paying Blair NIL to do a few hospital visits.
1) it would depend who is coaching them
2) they could go 3-17 in the NeC or something like that

How do you go from saying we should only take MM transfers and not HS kids to a HS team could beat MM teams? I’d say you’re special needs but that would be an insult to them

1) it would depend who is coaching them
2) they could go 3-17 in the NeC or something like that

How do you go from saying we should only take MM transfers and not HS kids to a HS team could beat MM teams? I’d say you’re special needs but that would be an insult to them

I was waiting for that question.

- Cooper Flagg is thought to be the best HS player since LeBron. Even if he isnt, he is on the short list. He'd be one of the best players, if not THE best player in college basketball right now.

- They have several other McD AA's. These are the kids you see playing major minutes for Duke and Kentucky. They arent Lowe and Carrington.

I think they'd win a few ACC games. The NEC? Come on. Flagg would average 30 in that league. They'd literally go undefeated against St. Francis and Co. These are NBA dudes a year or 2 early vs borderline D2 players.

I was waiting for that question.

- Cooper Flagg is thought to be the best HS player since LeBron. Even if he isnt, he is on the short list. He'd be one of the best players, if not THE best player in college basketball right now.

- They have several other McD AA's. These are the kids you see playing major minutes for Duke and Kentucky. They arent Lowe and Carrington.

I think they'd win a few ACC games. The NEC? Come on. Flagg would average 30 in that league. They'd literally go undefeated against St. Francis and Co. These are NBA dudes a year or 2 early vs borderline D2 players.
This is why you know very little about HS or college bball.

I’ve watched a team of walk on wannabes from UNC who were all 5’9-6’0 white kids take on top 5 HS teams and take them to OT. Watched it in person. Actually coached it.

The same reason you clamor for the older kids like the kid from SFU that went to UMass is the same reason Montverde wouldn’t win. It’s not the McDonalds AA squad. It’s one surefire NBA player. The older kids are stronger, smarter, play faster.

HS kids who are that good don’t understand how to play yet. When my team went against Jayson Tatum, he didn’t break a sweat.

I’ve watched a team of walk on wannabes from UNC who were all 5’9-6’0 white kids take on top 5 HS teams and take them to OT. Watched it in person. Actually coached it.

The same reason you clamor for the older kids like the kid from SFU that went to UMass is the same reason Montverde wouldn’t win. It’s not the McDonalds AA squad. It’s one surefire NBA player. The older kids are stronger, smarter, play faster.

HS kids who are that good don’t understand how to play yet. When my team went against Jayson Tatum, he didn’t break a sweat.
You are absolutely right about multiple things here.

Experience tops ALL.

And SMF doesn’t know poopy.

If Cooper Flagg wasnt on it, you might be right but he would be the #1 NBA pick if he was eligible this year. He'd dominate the NEC.

That’s saying ALOT coming from an 0-15 Head Coach such as yourself!!! You are the Kevin Stallings of Freedom high!!!

Congrats on your Epic Season..

That’s saying ALOT coming from an 0-15 Head Coach such as yourself!!! You are the Kevin Stallings of Freedom high!!!

Congrats on your Epic Season..
We won a game and matched last season’s win total. Well triple or quadruple it and they’ll build a statue outside of the gym for me. Thanks for following, although the obsession is creepy

We won a game and matched last season’s win total. Well triple or quadruple it and they’ll build a statue outside of the gym for me. Thanks for following, although the obsession is creepy

You might need to hire me as your assistant. I'll do all the coaching. You can do the post-game interviews. We'll be at The Pete in no time.

Does Lincoln Park have a FR or SO who is D1? I saw them in person once this year and there was a young looking kid who looked good. Watched some on TV on Friday and I swear a Beaver player tried to make a shot in one of those auxiliary hoops which was folded up to the ceiling. Maybe for TikTok? I ran it back a bunch of times trying to figure out if he really tried to do that.

You might need to hire me as your assistant. I'll do all the coaching. You can do the post-game interviews. We'll be at The Pete in no time.

Does Lincoln Park have a FR or SO who is D1? I saw them in person once this year and there was a young looking kid who looked good. Watched some on TV on Friday and I swear a Beaver player tried to make a shot in one of those auxiliary hoops which was folded up to the ceiling. Maybe for TikTok? I ran it back a bunch of times trying to figure out if he really tried to do that.
I don’t believe so but I havent seen them since the beginning of the season. They have a bunch of ok pieces that look better than they are because of Cummings/Thomas

You are absolutely right about multiple things here.

Experience tops ALL.

And SMF doesn’t know poopy.
It is rather amazing that only one real "Fab Five" freshman team ever went far in the NCAA tourney and that was over 30 years ago. And those "Freshman" looked like 22 year old men.

Bubs Carrington and Jeland Lowe are much more talented than Brandin Knight or Julius Page. How do you think they would fare against Jr's or Sr's Knight and Page? They would be abused.

The superstar HS talent is best brought out when they are interspersed into an experienced lineup and not a collective group.

It is rather amazing that only one real "Fab Five" freshman team ever went far in the NCAA tourney and that was over 30 years ago. And those "Freshman" looked like 22 year old men.

Bubs Carrington and Jeland Lowe are much more talented than Brandin Knight or Julius Page. How do you think they would fare against Jr's or Sr's Knight and Page? They would be abused.

The superstar HS talent is best brought out when they are interspersed into an experienced lineup and not a collective group.

The Fab Five almost won the Natty. One year earlier, as HS seniors, do you think they could have won the NEC?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT