ADVERTISEMENT

If you dont let some kid who looks like a walkon..

DruidTM

Heisman Winner
Oct 26, 2012
Hit 3s at will down the stretch you win

Period...

Plus I got tired of seeing players dribble into a four way collision to only turn it over...kick the ball out

Reactions: PittInMissouri
Hit 3s at will down the stretch you win

Period...

Plus I got tired of seeing players dribble into a four way collision to only turn it over...kick the ball out
He doesn't just LOOK like a walkon... he was a walkon. Just got his scholarship this year after two years as a walkon.

I just *knew* from the jump that that kid was gonna hit a dagger three at some point during the game - he's obviously not on the team for his athleticism. Then, late in the game, when Pitt came out of a timeout in a 2-3 zone and I saw him standing more or less (mostly more) unguarded on the wing...ugh...boom.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
It was like a replay of the last 3 minutes of the Purdue game. You'd think we'd learn.

Gotta steal one from Duke now.

I just *knew* from the jump that that kid was gonna hit a dagger three at some point during the game - he's obviously not on the team for his athleticism. Then, late in the game, when Pitt came out of a timeout in a 2-3 zone and I saw him standing more or less (mostly more) unguarded on the wing...ugh...boom.

I said it out loud from my seat at the Pete. He was like the kid from Purdue who basically just stood at the three point line and waited for the ball. I knew we would forget about him and he'd kill us. Happens way too often. It's just sickening.

It was a 3-2 zone which leaves the baseline 3 the most susceptibile. Levitch and Pitino were smart enough to get him an open look there.

Our scholarship players had similar open looks ALL NIGHT and threw up nothing but bricks. Same old story with this program- no guards who are reliable shooters. I don't think Dixon would know s prototypical 2 if the guard bit him on the behind- this void at the 2 and at C has gone on way too long.

I said it out loud from my seat at the Pete. He was like the kid from Purdue who basically just stood at the three point line and waited for the ball. I knew we would forget about him and he'd kill us. Happens way too often. It's just sickening.

Where were the threes from our kid who is tasked to do that for us? - Cam Johnson

I'm tired of people saying we were out-talented last night.

Louisville got 20 points out of two guys who were walkons last year.

The biggest shots of the night were made by Levitch, which is like Mike Lecak coming off the bench to win games for us.

Louisville had two healthy interior players on the roster last night that were scholarship players last year..... Onuaku and Johnson.

We weren't out-talented. We were outplayed and outcoached.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDays
Where were the threes from our kid who is tasked to do that for us? - Cam Johnson

Bad game last night. Hit a few shots at Syracuse, but he's definitely not consistent enough. For some reason, I see real potential in Cam and think he's going to be a really good one in a couple of years, so I never get too upset with him. He and Luther are both guys I enjoy rooting for unlike some others on this team.

Also, he doesn't look like a seventh grade nerd who gets beat up on the playground, so when he does hit a couple of shots, it can't be quite as annoying to our opponents fans.

The biggest shots of the night were made by Levitch, which is like Mike Lecak coming off the bench to win games for us.

Louisville had two healthy interior players on the roster last night that were scholarship players last year..... Onuaku and Johnson.

This game was there for the taking, the Miami game also. Miami and Louisville played so poorly in the first half that if Pitt had played well Pitt's lead would have been significant. We let them off the hook. Both opponents came back and played well enough to win.

Question - Why do we defend the 3 so poorly? and Is there anything that can be done about (beside roster change)?

Bingo

Chris "unless it's Syracuse I won't shoot" Jones took most of Cam's minutes last night. 5's & 2's that can't or won't shoot make it pretty darn easy to defend this particular Pitt bunch.

Chris "unless it's Syracuse I won't shoot" Jones took most of Cam's minutes last night. 5's & 2's that can't or won't shoot make it pretty darn easy to defend this particular Pitt bunch.
Jones did not play badly at all, and he was fairly aggressive. I'm one of his biggest critics so take that for what it's worth. Meanwhile Cam took I think two wide open 3 point shots, missed them both, and went 0--3. Hardly the kind of deep shooter that would have made any difference in this game if he had more minutes. Frankly I don't see what he brings to the table. Jones worked hard defensively. He probably should have shot the ball more, and maybe he would have been able to had Young and Artis looked to pass the ball a little bit. Young it particular. If he would learn to kick the ball out to the open perimeter shooters when he draws a triple team, we might be on to something.

Reactions: gary2 and UPitt '89
Jones did not play badly at all, and he was fairly aggressive. I'm one of his biggest critics so take that for what it's worth. Meanwhile Cam took I think two wide open 3 point shots, missed them both, and went 0--3. Hardly the kind of deep shooter that would have made any difference in this game if he had more minutes. Frankly I don't see what he brings to the table. Jones worked hard defensively. He probably should have shot the ball more, and maybe he would have been able to had Young and Artis looked to pass the ball a little bit. Young it particular. If he would learn to kick the ball out to the open perimeter shooters when he draws a triple team, we might be on to something.
That's pretty much what I say..

Jones is probably our most willing defender- not always effective..but he gives effort. Please, he'll take it to the rack.

Young and Artis have no business dribbling into crowds.

That was our #1 problem last night. Golden rule #1.

Don't try to do what you are incapable of doing. mike has no business constantly driving into the lane and trying to score over multiple big guys.

Hey I'm a Jones fan, love the effort, but when he's your starting SG at this level you're in trouble. Great 7th or 8th guy. Great kid. Stack him up against the plethora of NBA level 2G's throughout this league and it's no wonder why we struggle so much guarding and/or scoring at that position in this league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT