ADVERTISEMENT

I'm going on the record saying Pitt's attendance increases next year in Basketball.

mdpitt

All American
Sep 9, 2002
This train wreck is going to be a total event to see. So many people are actually cheering for failure that if there is any level of success, it becomes an even better story.

People with weak hands will cancel great seats and they will be scooped up by people with more money and have not been able to upgrade for years.

The schedule will be better even by a few games. There might be as many empties upper deck for some games but the lower bowl will be full.

This is actually turning into a great story. More people are talking about Pitt basketball than any time in the last 5 years for better or worse.

We might actually be good next year.

This train wreck is going to be a total event to see. So many people are actually cheering for failure that if there is any level of success, it becomes an even better story.

People with weak hands will cancel great seats and they will be scooped up by people with more money and have not been able to upgrade for years.

The schedule will be better even by a few games. There might be as many empties upper deck for some games but the lower bowl will be full.

This is actually turning into a great story. More people are talking about Pitt basketball than any time in the last 5 years for better or worse.

I'll take that bet.

I think our performance might be better, depending on who stays..... but the attendance will be down.

Now... if they win... attendance might be back up the following year. But next year will be a dip.

Dixon left a pretty solid team, just hope he doesn't screw it up when he rolls the ball out and says "go get em, boys".

I'll take that bet.

I think our performance might be better, depending on who stays..... but the attendance will be down.

Now... if they win... attendance might be back up the following year. But next year will be a dip.

Fans are bandwagon fans. If they put together a good OOC schedule and they play well, they will get good attendance. The bar is not set very high though as there were tons of empty seats for Purdue and Ville.

Dixon left a pretty solid team, just hope he doesn't screw it up when he rolls the ball out and says "go get em, boys".
Clownshoes. Never thought I'd say this be we have someone out Pitt Pokering Pitt Poker.

I'll take that bet.

I doubt our performance will be better. All you need to see is Stallings record of having teams that underperform relative to their talent level.

Fans are bandwagon fans. If they put together a good OOC schedule and they play well, they will get good attendance. The bar is not set very high though as there were tons of empty seats for Purdue and Ville.
Attendance is pretty well determined by the amount of season ticket sales there are.

If our season ticket base drops from 9000 to 6000..... even if the team is good, the attendance will be down - because the attendance won't pick up until the latter half of the season when the performance gets people to start coming out.

The early non-conf schedule will have a LOT of empty seats... just like this past year.... only moreso.

I've never seen so many people flip their stance just because of the way the new coach handled a tough press conference. What about the facts such as below .500 conference record, poorly ranked defenses, inconsistent NCAA Tourney participation, etc. over 17 years at Vandy.

I'll take some of this action....

-I'll go on full record that if losses start to rack up next year, not only will attendance nosedive faster than a plane, the social media is going to absolutely rip Barnes and Stallings way harder than today. I don't think Pitt will nosedive in performance, but that's to be determined in terms of which players stay and go.

I've never seen so many people flip their stance just because of the way the new coach handled a tough press conference. What about the facts such as below .500 conference record, poorly ranked defenses, inconsistent NCAA Tourney participation, etc. over 17 years at Vandy.
Fans on this board at least give up quick. Barnes is a liar and hired an over the hill mediocre retread and by reading this board now, some are "excited" like we got an Enfield or Marshall.

It boggles my mind actually.

Reactions: Las Panteras
He was also coaching at VANDERBILT. People need to realize that.. now

He was also coaching at VANDERBILT. People need to realize that.. now

Yes, and at VANDERBILT, he was competing in the SEC, meaning that there were 2 or maybe 3 decent teams in any given year. He also is said to have had at least 8 first round NBA draft picks. And he still had a losing record in the SEC and couldn't get to the elite eight with 3 NBA draft picks on one team (1 Jr. And 2 Sr).

Sorry, but he is an average coach at best. He lasted so long at Vandy because they have low expectations,not because he's a great coach. I'm going to support him and hope he exceeds all expectations and takes Pitt to new heights. His past performance would indicate that's unlikely.

Fans on this board at least give up quick. Barnes is a liar and hired an over the hill mediocre retread and by reading this board now, some are "excited" like we got an Enfield or Marshall.

It boggles my mind actually.

Looks like you were spot on. I guess the guy calling you a clown owes you an apology. Although you shouldn't get too much credit, this was obvious to those of us with a clue

Reactions: PittPoker
I'll take that bet.

I don't agree, I think it will go up. Just for the shear fact that we got rid of KS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT