ADVERTISEMENT

I'm gonna say it again.....

ksquared33

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2013
.....what is this staff waiting on where Julian Major is concerned ? I surely cannot get on board that his lack of weight is the issue considering the kid is just going into his senior year of H.S., he's 6'2 for crying out loud w/ great athletic football receiver ability to boot.
I'm not even going to attempt to name all the kids w/ enormous talent that had much less size coming out of H.S., be it height or weight that went onto excel at the next level at high P5 level. But here on just a few... lame excuse from where I watch this kid.
TBoyd (Tyler was pretty damn skinny going into his senior year of H.S.), Anthony Carter, Rocket Ishmeil.
On this kid I gotta question the staff as I hope they see the light on a local kid from a great feeder school thru out the years.

H2 PITT !!!

.....what is this staff waiting on where Julian Major is concerned ? I surely cannot get on board that his lack of weight is the issue considering the kid is just going into his senior year of H.S., he's 6'2 for crying out loud w/ great athletic football receiver ability to boot.
I'm not even going to attempt to name all the kids w/ enormous talent that had much less size coming out of H.S., be it height or weight that went onto excel at the next level at high P5 level. But here on just a few... lame excuse from where I watch this kid.
TBoyd (Tyler was pretty damn skinny going into his senior year of H.S.), Anthony Carter, Rocket Ishmeil.
On this kid I gotta question the staff as I hope they see the light on a local kid from a great feeder school thru out the years.

H2 PITT !!!
Julian should have an offer imho. Think we will get burned (one way or another) if he doesn't end up at Pitt. Let's hope the staff throws him an offer.

Just a guess but the WR targets the staff is focusing on play a lot faster and can get open.
?, can get open, faster ? I'm not saying Major is the end all be all of all WR prospects in this years class but considering he is oh so local & from a serious HS program who has provided Pitt some of our Greatest football players not too mention Major has serious WR skills not too mention seems to have a natural feel for what the position takes(such as keeping his hands out away from the body, high pointing passes, route running, etc.)
I think this kid deserves an offer & can play at a high level be it at Pitt or somewhere else but one way or another if he stays eligible this kid will be heard from at a P5 school.

H2 PITT !!!
P.S. overall I am thrilled w/ everything this staff has done on the recruiting front but just happen to question the absence of interest w/ this local, talented kid.

?, can get open, faster ? I'm not saying Major is the end all be all of all WR prospects in this years class but considering he is oh so local & from a serious HS program who has provided Pitt some of our Greatest football players not too mention Major has serious WR skills not too mention seems to have a natural feel for what the position takes(such as keeping his hands out away from the body, high pointing passes, route running, etc.)
I think this kid deserves an offer & can play at a high level be it at Pitt or somewhere else but one way or another if he stays eligible this kid will be heard from at a P5 school.

H2 PITT !!!
P.S. overall I am thrilled w/ everything this staff has done on the recruiting front but just happen to question the absence of interest w/ this local, talented kid.

His Hudl video is mostly him out-jumping smaller CB's. There's one play where he jogs on a route. Not sure who put that together for him but it's not helping if he posses the skills you say he does.

H2 PITT !!!
He is not Tyler Boyd at this time. He has some decent offers, but pitt wouldn't be going up against Norte dame, or Penn State, or even West Virginia.

In most other years I think the coaches go after him. But this year there are limited ships, and they may not even have a wide receiver in their class. They have a young crop of guys in the position and are prioritizing other positions, as they should.
Solid player, would be happy if he were in outclass, but I don't think they are waiting from him. They are not sure if they'll have the room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT