ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hoping the top local kids are getting the message.

Not a PR fan, but Ben should have started over Max Browne, but once the decision was made to go to Pickett, it should have been Pickett for every snap.

I think Swervin has Browne and Pickett confused.
Pickett wasn’t in mix til later. A lot of PR fans are upset that dinucci was benched late in season.

How the f*ck is this so hard for you guys to grasp? Many PR residents were calling into talk shows, ripping narduzzi for benching Ben late in season. They are wrong for feeling that way. It’s that simple.

How is this confusing you guys. Which part of this is hard to understand?

Pickett wasn’t in mix til later. A lot of PR fans are upset that dinucci was benched late in season.

How the f*ck is this so hard for you guys to grasp? Many PR residents were calling into talk shows, ripping narduzzi for benching Ben late in season. They are wrong for feeling that way. It’s that simple.

How is this confusing you guys. Which part of this is hard to understand?

The part that is hard to understand is we are on these boards and we listen to the fan and saw/heard none of this from PR residents. Unless somehow someway we all got amnesia except you it is hard to accept.

I agree with a lot of what you say on this board. I probably hit the like button for more of your post then the next 3 posters I hit like button for together, but I think you are wrong on this.

The part that is hard to understand is we are on these boards and we listen to the fan and saw/heard none of this from PR residents. Unless somehow someway we all got amnesia except you it is hard to accept.

I agree with a lot of what you say on this board. I probably hit the like button for more of your post then the next 3 posters I hit like button for together, but I think you are wrong on this.
Oh, ok. Well I heard a few calls on radio. If I’m alluding to it being everyone in PR due to a few calls, exaggerating it, then you have a very valid retort.

For the record, I liked Ben a hell of a lot more then I liked max Browne.

Oh, ok. Well I heard a few calls on radio. If I’m alluding to it being everyone in PR due to a few calls, exaggerating it, then you have a very valid retort.

For the record, I liked Ben a hell of a lot more then I liked max Browne.

I heard it to man. I also have a co-worker who lives in PR and he started bitching the moment Browne was brought in.

They (PR) bashed us for playing Pickett over dinucci for goodness sakes!!!
One thong that cures all such whining......winning.....until Pitt gets over the hump, the whining from the press will continue because the lack of success gives them a colorable argument that the staff is mucking things up.

I live in PR and of course there were people picking Ben over any other quarterback, as there would be in any other school district whose alum quarterback was playing for the local college team. However, the vast majority of people recognized that Ben was not the answer. Swervin certainly painted it like all of PR was bitching and that certainly wasn't the case. PR is a great area to live other than the occasional encounter with Mr. Galunga.

I live in PR and of course there were people picking Ben over any other quarterback, as there would be in any other school district whose alum quarterback was playing for the local college team. However, the vast majority of people recognized that Ben was not the answer. Swervin certainly painted it like all of PR was bitching and that certainly wasn't the case. PR is a great area to live other than the occasional encounter with Mr. Galunga.
Great place to live? Come on guys, I made a statement that some PR fans made calls bashing narduzzi and pitt. I didn’t comment disparagingly on the damn community or it’s way of life.

You guys are being a tad sensitive here.

Reactions: bobfree
Great place to live? Come on guys, I made a statement that some PR fans made calls bashing narduzzi and pitt. I didn’t comment disparagingly on the damn community or it’s way of life.

You guys are being a tad sensitive here.
I was busting Galunga's balls with that comment. I'll try to remember my audience next time.

Reactions: Swervin27
I was busting Galunga's balls with that comment. I'll try to remember my audience next time.
PR residents seem overly sensitive about their hometown. I compare it to people from south Fayette. You say one thing about south fayette here in south hills and people come out of the woodwork, ready to defend their perfect hometown with their lives. Ready to bore anyone willing to listen with endless info on school taxes and Norman Rockwell analogies

Again, that statement was a lead in to a poke at Mr. Galunga. I'm not overly sensitive or a cheerleader for PR. I recognize that like every community it has it's share of good people and morons. I'm sure that your community has it's share of good people and certain that it has it's share of morons.

Reactions: jctrack

Yes it is. But...let's face it, we aren't even making the best P-R kids top 5, and even their marginal kids decide to go elsewhere. Despite the head coach being a former Pitt FB player. So.....while some people may have understood that DiNucci was over his head, obviously the vast majority have some ill feelings.

Again, that statement was a lead in to a poke at Mr. Galunga. I'm not overly sensitive or a cheerleader for PR. I recognize that like every community it has it's share of good people and morons. I'm sure that your community has it's share of good people and certain that it has it's share of morons.
Well I’m in it so yeah, morons exist in South Park.

PR sucks. There, I said it. Pompous asses. Coaches, parents, all of you.

Reactions: Las Panteras
Yes it is. But...let's face it, we aren't even making the best P-R kids top 5, and even their marginal kids decide to go elsewhere. Despite the head coach being a former Pitt FB player. So.....while some people may have understood that DiNucci was over his head, obviously the vast majority have some ill feelings.

Let's just ignore the elephant in the room.

This thread has morphed into ridiculousness. PR, South Park, etc. etc. are no different
than anywhere else in this country. There will always be locals who lean towards siding
with their own grads who go on to places like Pitt, and they will defend that opinion when someone else (Swervin) speaks critically of the hometown hero.

Just an opinion, but I felt Ben was in way over his head as QB. Brown didn't show me
much either. Of course after seeing Pickett against Miami, leads me to believe he was
the better option. However let's face it, it's easy AFTER the fact. I'm not so sure I woulda said the same thing a few games into the season since I knew nothing of
Pickett's abilities at that time.

Of course after seeing Pickett against Miami, leads me to believe he was
the better option. However let's face it, it's easy AFTER the fact. I'm not so sure I woulda said the same thing a few games into the season

There were several of us on here saying that Pickett should have been starting weeks before he actually got his (real) chance. It should have been obvious to everyone who watched almost right from the beginning that DiNucci was not only no where close to a good P5 quarterback, but that there was almost no chance that he could ever become a good P5 quarterback.

If you have a choice between playing someone that you know is never going to be the answer and someone who you don't know enough about to know if they might or might not be the answer you go with the unknown every time.

Knew a guy from PR that said Jerkovic wasn't coming because Ben was that damn good. Several PR people ticked that Ben wasn't given a fair shot. Swervin is correct.

Nobody knows how this affected the 3 PR recruits we didn't land...but on premium someone said Coach K told him that Pitt needs to win more to get his recruits. Meanwhile one of his kids committed to Indiana around the same time. Nice Pitt pride there, coach.

The Ex-OL coach lived in the PR school district and his son was close to a lot of the players. Letting him go did not help the relationship either.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is wins and losses. Nobody will care where the players are from if we win.

Knew a guy from PR that said Jerkovic wasn't coming because Ben was that damn good.

Thank you,

Rarely do I literally laugh out loud at something I read on here, but this one certainly did the trick.

The guy that said that is quite the comedian.

The Ex-OL coach lived in the PR school district and his son was close to a lot of the players. Letting him go did not help the relationship either.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is wins and losses. Nobody will care where the players are from if we win.
No matter the possible loss of recruits, that situation had to get fixed.

There were several of us on here saying that Pickett should have been starting weeks before he actually got his (real) chance. It should have been obvious to everyone who watched almost right from the beginning that DiNucci was not only no where close to a good P5 quarterback, but that there was almost no chance that he could ever become a good P5 quarterback.

If you have a choice between playing someone that you know is never going to be the answer and someone who you don't know enough about to know if they might or might not be the answer you go with the unknown every time.

Good point! The problem I had besides of not knowing how good Pickett might be, was giving up the redshirt. I also had no idea how Pickett was doing in practice.
However seeing the results..... yup, I agree, he shoulda been on the field sooner.

Rivals just released their Top 20 for PA in 2020. Two, that is One more than ONE, kids are rated 4 stars. The #3 kid in the entire state is a 3 star. Pitt will survive just as well with or without WPIAL kids.

Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Knew a guy from PR that said Jerkovic wasn't coming because Ben was that damn good. Several PR people ticked that Ben wasn't given a fair shot. Swervin is correct.

Nobody knows how this affected the 3 PR recruits we didn't land...but on premium someone said Coach K told him that Pitt needs to win more to get his recruits. Meanwhile one of his kids committed to Indiana around the same time. Nice Pitt pride there, coach.
He's cock of the walk. It must be nice to get a gig in an affluent area with a new stadium, a great feeder system and people looking to move into your district.
Throw in that his school district is bigger than Rhode Island and his ego ain't gonna get smaller.
The real coaching job last year in the WPIAL was at QV where half of the best athlete's played soccer.
Oh...the soccer team won state too.

Almost as funny were the multiple people on here using DiNucci’s 3-9 for 16 yards 1 TD 2 INT performance in the Pinstripe Bowl as proof positive that he could play at this level.
Don’t tell that to gunga gulunga, he’s still convinced these people don’t exist.

Almost as funny were the multiple people on here using DiNucci’s 3-9 for 16 yards 1 TD 2 INT performance in the Pinstripe Bowl as proof positive that he could play at this level.
Last year we had ben who might be an adequate backup at this level and max Browne, who again, might at best, be a serviceable P5 backup.

Neither had any business starting on a D1 football team. Bad luck and bad recruiting led us to have to use both. A mistake, I hope, we will never see again at pitt.

Rivals just released their Top 20 for PA in 2020. Two, that is One more than ONE, kids are rated 4 stars. The #3 kid in the entire state is a 3 star. Pitt will survive just as well with or without WPIAL kids.

Ya, I have complete faith in them to be able to go into any state they want and grab a rivals 4* prospect.

Don’t tell that to gunga gulunga, he’s still convinced these people don’t exist.

I remember quite a few of them, and I’m not including him.

I don’t think Pine Richland even existed when I last lived in Pittsburgh, and the whole DiNucci thing seemed bizarre to me. All you had to do was watch him play and it was obvious he didn’t have the arm strength or the accuracy to play at this level.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT