ADVERTISEMENT

I'M SORRY BUT MAYBE IT REALLY IS TIME FOR JAMIE TO GO!!

And I'll be honest and tell you I don't know. I'm sure there are a few enticing choices out there though. Someone young and fresh and innovative.

Many great coaches that would come if you pay. Pitt basketball is a damn good job. Arch Miller and many others would win much more than Dixon is doing these days. Dixon should want to move on instead of stay over a large contract. He needs a change and so does Pitt. I am sure since he is elite, Duke and other big jobs would love to have him next openings

Jamie has been loyal here, stick with him but he has to make changes with his assistant coaches. I'm sure Barnes will address this. Your only as good as your assistants that surround you.
How long do you want to ride that horse? A good coach coaches his assistants to become head coaches one day, it's been 5 years of really bad to mediocre recruiting and play at Pitt, how much more should the university and its fans wait just because of what he has done years ago, the question is, what have you done for me lately? The answer is not much, you never know, a new coach might be able to turn it around, then again a new coach can't do any worse

Last edited:
Jamie is GOING to get four to five more years, barring a complete meltdown. So those of you who continue clamoring should really take a very deep breath and settle down.

Cry all you want about the decision makers who gave Dixon a ten year deal, it's done and in the past. The people who made that decision are gone.

I'm somewhat encouraged. Jamie is showing some capacity for change, and I like some things about this current team. So it's a simple matter really, in about three to four years we'll know definitively if Dixon can pull himself out of this mess. If not we'll likely have no choice but to buy him out.

That's called reality. No way Pitt can afford to eat eight years of his current deal. So if all you're going to do is come here to discuss it every day I don't have a clue what to tell you.

I bit my tongue and didn't post the whole 1st half. This performance is disgraceful in every sense of the word.

1 game like this "could" be considered a mirage - 2 in the last 3 games is a trend.

Recruiting has been below par for a few years now with honestly nothing on the horizon that is going to WOW us.

Every year we beat up on these really bad teams with the hope of getting wins and in Jamie's mind, strengthening us for the committee in March. How does this help us at all?? The OOC schedule is a joke and the 2 top 20 teams we did play we were blown out, lost by double digits.

Team has no mental toughness, can't rebound, no inside game, no guard play, JRob has been atrocious and it all starts with him.

Look Jamie has done a lot for Pitt and we can all give him credit. HOWEVER, nothing is getting better and I think a change is needed in the coaching ranks. Watching 2 games like this in less than a week is a serious red flag.
You aren't sorry about posting this crap.

That's because the buffoon Pedey boy was the AD-nobody wanted to work for that idiot. Pitt could attract a solid coach now.

I don't disagree - good point about Pedey. However I still don't think anyone like Stevens or Smart come here - those were the guys that were "targeted" not that long ago.

As stated earlier, the band wagon isgetting empty. Why don't all you fair weather fans leave instead. What a$$$$$es, really. For all intents and purposes NCS was a cupcake, more so than Davidson and Notre Dame. Please leave the bandwagon and stay gone. Don't want to hear (or read) your remarks come March. I don't care who replies, I for one as a fan get tired of hearing all this. Last week when rated #20 in the nation, all was quiet. Soon as we lose oh no, Dixon must go, he can't coach, he can't recruit, Pitt is no longer relevant in BB. shut up with the fair weather fan, cry baby crap. it gets old really. Either you like Dixon and Pitt and the way things are moving or you don't. Do you think Just pick a side and stay with it. That's what adults and fans do. Many on here always talk about PSU and the cult, but (many of ) the fans here are the EXACT OPPOSITE and run at the first sign of a struggle. Grow the F up and be a fan ( or not) just stop being wishy washy and negative.

I am critical of Jamie in terms of Recruiting and Assistant Coaches. I wish he would let the players "play" more and not micro-manage, but that is who he is.

The one reason I would be hesitant for calling for his head would be looking no further than B.C. They fired a coach that gave them consistently solid teams, now they are at the bottom of the league.

The biggest difference between Jamie now and Jamie in his early years is no doubt his Staff. If money is the limitation, well, alumni need to pony up. If its Jamie and his loyalties, then that is on him.

But I don't know which it is.

Reactions: freddietee511
Who says I'm wrong, Souf? You? Please, you are far from the genius you purport to be, and even further from the smartest basketball mind on this board

When it comes to football you find every excuse to blame or not credit the coaches. When it comes to basketball, it is all about defending Jamie in any way possible. Your games are old.
Spot on

Yinzers always think that Pitt is a coaching job coveted by all these great unnamed or rising star coaches. How's changing coaches working out for the Browns or Eagles ? Repeat this until you understand this concept : Pitt is not an elite basketball or football school nor does it direct enough assets to be one. Every now and then all the stars will align, enjoy it for what it is or do yourself a favor and stop watching.
Ps why would anyone watch or do anything that brings them constant dissapointment?

Yinzers always think that Pitt is a coaching job coveted by all these great unnamed or rising star coaches. How's changing coaches working out for the Browns or Eagles ? Repeat this until you understand this concept : Pitt is not an elite basketball or football school nor does it direct enough assets to be one. Every now and then all the stars will align, enjoy it for what it is or do yourself a favor and stop watching.
Ps why would anyone watch or do anything that brings them constant dissapointment?
Sorry but the job is much better than you think. Nice arena, facilities, etc. It's better than you spin it. IMO

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
Read this: you're full of $hit! Many schools with a lot less advantages than Pitt have become football and basketball powers. Go take your hang dog attitude and stuff it .

compared to what other peer facilities?

It's not special, pierre. I hate to level set that perception.
I have a major in road to a recruit for the 2018 class that is going to be rated a 5 star and they have said that the Pete is very very nice. Totally blows away most big 10 and ACC schools. Not going into detail here but the sky isn't falling in.

As stated earlier, the band wagon isgetting empty. Why don't all you fair weather fans leave instead. What a$$$$$es, really. For all intents and purposes NCS was a cupcake, more so than Davidson and Notre Dame. Please leave the bandwagon and stay gone. Don't want to hear (or read) your remarks come March. I don't care who replies, I for one as a fan get tired of hearing all this. Last week when rated #20 in the nation, all was quiet. Soon as we lose oh no, Dixon must go, he can't coach, he can't recruit, Pitt is no longer relevant in BB. shut up with the fair weather fan, cry baby crap. it gets old really. Either you like Dixon and Pitt and the way things are moving or you don't. Do you think Just pick a side and stay with it. That's what adults and fans do. Many on here always talk about PSU and the cult, but (many of ) the fans here are the EXACT OPPOSITE and run at the first sign of a struggle. Grow the F up and be a fan ( or not) just stop being wishy washy and negative.
It's a message board. If you're too sensitive to hear criticism of the program, I suggest you stick to the university's official site. That way your sensitive little mind won't be offended.

Last edited:
I have a major in road to a recruit for the 2018 class that is going to be rated a 5 star and they have said that the Pete is very very nice. Totally blows away most big 10 and ACC schools. Not going into detail here but the sky isn't falling in.
Agree. I think the Pete is the least of our problems. I like it.

It's a message board. If your too sensitive to hear criticism of the program, I suggest you stick to the university's official site. That way your sensitive little mind won't be offended.
This should apply to about 5-6 guys on here.

Not the facilities in the ACC I've been to.
It's not Rupp, or even Yum, and it's no allen fieldhouse.
It's not a negative like the fieldhouse was...but, it's about average and not a net advantage.
It's 14 years old which is why updating locker rooms and practice space, and facilities is a priority.

Good god...what a bunch of immature, childish, over reactions.
Over reacting? Are you kidding me? calling for his head after the last 5 years of nothing is over reacting, he can't recruit anymore, can't make adjustments mid game, and and beat the better teams anymore, this team is average at best and looking at the roster, next year will be the same as this year, and nothing to look forward to the following year he has a lot of shoes to fill for the 2016 - 2017 season and they are not on the team now none or not many front court freshmen or sophomores to support next years seniors, so what do we have to look forward to? not whole heck of a lot

Reactions: PittPoker
It's amazing to me how many people on here still keep giving Dixon passes because of what he did years ago. I can't believe the previous administration signed him to that ridiculous 10 year extension.

Wasn't that after the team got beatdown yet again in the NCAA tournament?

Over reacting? Are you kidding me? calling for his head after the last 5 years of nothing is over reacting, he can't recruit anymore, can't make adjustments mid game, and and beat the better teams anymore, this team is average at best and looking at the roster, next year will be the same as this year, and nothing to look forward to the following year he has a lot of shoes to fill for the 2016 - 2017 season and they are not on the team now none or not many front court freshmen or sophomores to support next years seniors, so what do we have to look forward to? not whole heck of a lot

I guess I imagined all those accolades Pitt's recruits have been getting lately, right?

Anyway, nothing lifts my spirits more after a loss than reading silly Pitt fans call for Dixon's firing. Let me guess, Pitt will land Sean Miller, Shaka Smart as assistant coach, and Steve Kerr as the #3 coach, right?

I guess I imagined all those accolades Pitt's recruits have been getting lately, right?

Anyway, nothing lifts my spirits more after a loss than reading silly Pitt fans call for Dixon's firing. Let me guess, Pitt will land Sean Miller, Shaka Smart as assistant coach, and Steve Kerr as the #3 coach, right?
Accolades? Why can't Pitt bring a top 15 or even 20 recruiting class in? Please spare me the accolades nonsense. No one coming in yet again is a top recruit

Accolades? Why can't Pitt bring a top 15 or even 20 recruiting class in? Please spare me the accolades nonsense. No one coming in yet again is a top recruit

I can just imagine your thought process. "Should I respond to Ski's post with facts, or should I totally discount the positives so I can whine like a baby..."

You guys are the best.

Umm, pitt is still sitting at 4-2 in the acc and if the season ended today would be in the tourney. Pitt might win it's next three games.

If he ends up 8-10 this year, and next year, then let's talk about this...but we are acting like pitt had missed the tourney 4 years in a row.

Umm, pitt is still sitting at 4-2 in the acc and if the season ended today would be in the tourney. Pitt might win it's next three games.

If he ends up 8-10 this year, and next year, then let's talk about this...but we are acting like pitt had missed the tourney 4 years in a row.
It's not like he won't the national championship last year, Pitt has not done a thing the last 5 years what was our ACC and overall record last year that got us into the nit and lost our first game, this is not an over reaction it's a buildup over the last 5 years, yes Pitt might win its next 3 games then, again, might not, don't get me wrong I hope we do win the next 10 or 12 games, the ACC conference and the NC, that would be great, but in reality??? and it wouldn't matter what new coach AD Barnes brought in, he couldn't do any worse then the last 5 years,, keep bringing up the last 5 years, I wonder why?

It's not like he won't the national championship last year, Pitt has not done a thing the last 5 years what was our ACC and overall record last year that got us into the nit and lost our first game, this is not an over reaction it's a buildup over the last 5 years, yes Pitt might win its next 3 games then, again, might not, don't get me wrong I hope we do win the next 10 or 12 games, the ACC conference and the NC, that would be great, but in reality??? and it wouldn't matter what new coach AD Barnes brought in, he couldn't do any worse then the last 5 years,, keep bringing up the last 5 years, I wonder why?

Are you sure about that?

Lotta folks way overestimating Pitt's relative importance in the college hoops landscape.

Are you sure about that?

Lotta folks way overestimating Pitt's relative importance in the college hoops landscape.

Yeah, what a dumb comment. Pitt made the tourney 2 of the last 4 years, probably will make it this year. There are plenty of power 5 teams that have done worse.

And we couldn't do worse????

In the ACC we could be bc, vt, Clemson, wake, gt...honestly really aren't that much different than miam or flu or nc state either. Obviously duke, cuse, unc, Louisville, and ND for the most part have had more success, but it could be FAR worse.

I bit my tongue and didn't post the whole 1st half. This performance is disgraceful in every sense of the word.

1 game like this "could" be considered a mirage - 2 in the last 3 games is a trend.

Recruiting has been below par for a few years now with honestly nothing on the horizon that is going to WOW us.

Every year we beat up on these really bad teams with the hope of getting wins and in Jamie's mind, strengthening us for the committee in March. How does this help us at all?? The OOC schedule is a joke and the 2 top 20 teams we did play we were blown out, lost by double digits.

Team has no mental toughness, can't rebound, no inside game, no guard play, JRob has been atrocious and it all starts with him.

Look Jamie has done a lot for Pitt and we can all give him credit. HOWEVER, nothing is getting better and I think a change is needed in the coaching ranks. Watching 2 games like this in less than a week is a serious red flag.

Please eliminate the first two words from the thread title because you are NOT SORRY to post this.

We agree to disagree, some of us will vote democrat and some of us will vote republican, as long as Pitt wins championship I wouldn't care if Peewee Herman was head coach

We agree to disagree, some of us will vote democrat and some of us will vote republican, as long as Pitt wins championship I wouldn't care if Peewee Herman was head coach

But therein lies the problem. Your expectation is a championship, and by doing that you set up a completely unreasonable expectation, so in turn, you complain.

Sorry but the job is much better than you think. Nice arena, facilities, etc. It's better than you spin it. IMO
How can't it be a good job your coaching bb and making millions ,but all P5 HC positions pay you millions. Can you win a national championship at Pitt under the current system? It's possible but highly unlikely , I don't think winning the ACC is more than a once in ten year chance. There's better places to go if your a hot coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT