ADVERTISEMENT

I'M SORRY BUT MAYBE IT REALLY IS TIME FOR JAMIE TO GO!!

I have a major in road to a recruit for the 2018 class that is going to be rated a 5 star and they have said that the Pete is very very nice. Totally blows away most big 10 and ACC schools. Not going into detail here but the sky isn't falling in.

Anyone complaining about the Pete should go watch a game or two at the Bryce Jordan Center. Be grateful for what Pitt calls home.

Reactions: pierre93
Read this: you're full of $hit! Many schools with a lot less advantages than Pitt have become football and basketball powers. Go take your hang dog attitude and stuff it .
Name some
Read this: you're full of $hit! Many schools with a lot less advantages than Pitt have become football and basketball powers. Go take your hang dog attitude and stuff it .
Delusional people see what they want to see. Name me a Fb or Bb national champion or runner up in recent time that isn't a large university that places a lot of emphasis and money on winning. If you haven't noticed Pitts mission is to educate not to win the NCAAs and that's how it should be by the way. I have a realistic attitude and the only time in the last 40 yrs that Pitt was truly competitive in both sports they CHEATED. Let me repeat this THEY CHEATED. Believe what you want ,pout ,criticize anyone who disagrees, fire the coaches ,the administrators ,blame the media, the fans ,the refs,the rims ,the players etc. I don't know your age ,but you won't be alive when Pitt cuts the nets down at a national championship game,that's just not their priority while for others that's all that matters.
Ps thanks for your concern but I'm highly regular

Last edited:
Name some

Delusional people see what they want to see. Name me a Fb or Bb national champion or runner up in recent time that isn't a large university that places a lot of emphasis and money on winning. If you haven't noticed Pitts mission is to educate not to win the NCAAs and that's how it should be by the way. I have a realistic attitude and the only time in the last 40 yrs that Pitt was truly competitive in both sports they CHEATED. Let me repeat this THEY CHEATED. Believe what you want ,pout ,criticize anyone who disagrees, fire the coaches ,the administrators ,blame the media, the fans ,the refs,the rims ,the players etc. I don't know your age ,but you won't be alive when Pitt cuts the nets down at a national championship game,that's just not their priority while for others that's all that matters.
All big-time winners bend the rule in D1 athletics.

But therein lies the problem. Your expectation is a championship, and by doing that you set up a completely unreasonable expectation, so in turn, you complain.
So what you're saying is that you're satisfied with the way things are going with the Pitt basketball program, you are ok with mediocrity at best. Not expecting anything better, then the program is where you want it to be

Reactions: PittPoker
If you have seen his posting history, YOU can't be dumb enough to not be able to believe that HE can't be dumb enough! :confused:
Hey kiwi, your post have no substance, you just troll and attack posters that don't think or believe things that you do, you really have no rhyme or reason for your posts other to be still and attack

Name some

you have no evidence that Pitt cheated. Where's the NCAA determination that they cheated? You're full of $hit and you have precisely the kind of hang dog attitude which makes you a lodestone to progress. On the FB side there are schools like Baylor, TCU, Oregon and many others who over the last 10 years have become fairly consistent top 20 programs who have traditions which can't match Pitt's FB tradition or recruiting advantages. It's not finances that have impeded Pitt in the past it's stupidity, incompetence and indifference of the administration. That's changed. Go root for somebody else- your attitude is disgusting. You may as well be aUPS fan with views like yours!

Reactions: sherepower
Hey kiwi, your post have no substance, you just troll and attack posters that don't think or believe things that you do, you really have no rhyme or reason for your posts other to be still and attack
He acts nice to me 1 minute, then starts mentioning trolling and stuff to me the next.

I haven't brought up firing Jamie in a few years now, but it's apparent that there needs to be changes. And if we collapse again the rest of the season, I'm sure we'll still hear from the Jamie lovers about the 2016 recruits etc...

Forget it Cap, some people on here will never want Dixon to leave, no matter how many choke jobs we have in the dance, no matter how much regression there is. People are so scared about potentially taking a step back that they are satisfied with just the status quo.

Status Quo now is middle of the pack or worse in conference, beating up on cupcakes in the OOC schedule, no guarantee we make the dance at all and if we do it'll be a short exit.

That seems fine to these Jamie lovers but it doesn't seem fine to you or me.

He acts nice to me 1 minute, then starts mentioning trolling and stuff to me the next.

I haven't brought up firing Jamie in a few years now, but it's apparent that there needs to be changes. And if we collapse again the rest of the season, I'm sure we'll still hear from the Jamie lovers about the 2016 recruits etc...

Forget it Cap, some people on here will never want Dixon to leave, no matter how many choke jobs we have in the dance, no matter how much regression there is. People are so scared about potentially taking a step back that they are satisfied with just the status quo.

Status Quo now is middle of the pack or worse in conference, beating up on cupcakes in the OOC schedule, no guarantee we make the dance at all and if we do it'll be a short exit.

You don't actually believe you've gone a couple years without wanting Dixon fired do you?
Did you mean a couple of minutes?

What tangible things are you doing to push for a coaching change? Anything?
Letter to Barnes or Gallagher? Financial commitments?
Anything other than anonymous bitching ad nauseum?

You don't actually believe you've gone a couple years without wanting Dixon fired do you?
Did you mean a couple of minutes?
It's true. It's been quite a while I know that. I didn't mention it at all after the embarrassing Louisville game but after this performance against a winless team, I've had enough.

Think last I was adamant about it was when I wanted Enfield to come here.

It's true. It's been quite a while I know that. I didn't mention it at all after the embarrassing Louisville game but after this performance against a winless team, I've had enough.

Then you are very much in denial about your neurotically repetitive posting .

You must be dumb enough not to

It's like as if you have completely blocked Ralph Willard from your mind. And Paul Evans. And Roy Chipman. And Tim Grgurich. We are already back 40 years and in all that time we've had maybe one coach better than Jamie Dixon. Maybe. And the others aren't even particularly close. The idea that it isn't even possible to do worse is completely contradicted by history, both Pitt's history and the history of teams all over the NCAA. North Carolina has screwed up coaching hires in the recent past, why on earth would you think that Pitt couldn't?

I can't figure out if you are completely ignorant of Pitt and NCAA basketball history or if you know that what you are saying is patently absurd but you keep saying it anyway for some odd reason. Or which of those would be worse.

Not true. There are plenty of posters I ignore. I even agree with some negative posts. I only troll the posters who post stupid things over, and over, and over. Which is against board rules. To be still and attack? That makes no sense. You are basically pittpoker with worse grammar and spelling.

Last edited:

You are confusing Jamie loving with pointing out you are a troll. Those are two different things. If you troll us, you will be attacked. I am just telling it to you straight.

You have no problem beating up on weak outsiders to guarantee you win for your profession, but have a problem with Jamie doing it. I am sure the irony of that is lost on you.

I have no problem with your opinion he be fired. When you post that thirty times in 24 hours, you are a troll. You notice I don't attack other posters who say the same thing, but only a few times? I have been nice to you. But I am also going to be truthful to you.

There have been a lot of guys who have called you out. I was like the last one. I actually did not post during or after the game, and not until like yesterday afternoon. I let you all have a while to vent because we sucked. But again, you only call me out. Strange how my truthful criticism hurts you worst. Do you secretly love me or something?

Last edited:
Not true. There are plenty of posters I ignore. I even agree with some negative posts. I only troll the posters who post stupid things over, and over, and over. Which is against board rules. To be still and attack? That makes no sense. You are basically pittpoker with worse grammar and spelling.
There you go again, no substance, your posts are meaningless, and you must not get out much, the be still and attack is a common phrase, so kiwi buy a paper and move to town, I suppose you never heard that one too,you are a lost soul in sports, you attack and don't even know why

There you go again, no substance, your posts are meaningless, and you must not get out much, the be still and attack is a common phrase, so kiwi buy a paper and move to town, I suppose you never heard that one too,you are a lost soul in sports, you attack and don't even know why
I googled it...nothing. I literally searched for "be still and attack" in quotes, and it got one hit. This thread. I was going to write more, but really, what more could I possibly say without being mean?

I googled it...nothing. I literally searched for "be still and attack" in quotes, and it got one hit. This thread. I was going to write more, but really, what more could I possibly say without being mean?
I'm glad you don't ignore my posts because I get a kick out of yours, you should be writing comedy

I'm glad you don't ignore my posts because I get a kick out of them, you should be writing comedy
I am pretty funny, thanks. At least with me it's intentional. You are unintentionally funny. Be still and attack. Good grief.

you have no evidence that Pitt cheated. Where's the NCAA determination that they cheated? You're full of $hit and you have precisely the kind of hang dog attitude which makes you a lodestone to progress. On the FB side there are schools like Baylor, TCU, Oregon and many others who over the last 10 years have become fairly consistent top 20 programs who have traditions which can't match Pitt's FB tradition or recruiting advantages. It's not finances that have impeded Pitt in the past it's stupidity, incompetence and indifference of the administration. That's changed. Go root for somebody else- your attitude is disgusting. You may as well be aUPS fan with views like yours!
First of all wtf is a hang dog attitude? I want them to win national championships too ,but I realize their not making that a priority like others do and without that commitment it's not going to happen. You need to root for teams that prioritize winning your wasting your time here ,but what else do you have to do but complain .
Things that I personally know while I attended Pitt: TDs whose family lived in the projects somehow drove around campus in a pretty nice new car and amassed some incredible amount of parking tickets and phone bills , several Bb players whose family backgrounds wouldn't suggest wealth lived in a Mt Washington apartment instead of the dorms , the Fb players received clothing money for various in game accomplishments ( best hit ,catch ,run etc ) ,they paid some bb recruits family 10 k and he didn't even go to Pitt. They penalized themselves to avoid NCAA sanctions and that's what I know which I'm sure is the tip of the iceberg .
Let's talk tradition do you think some 18 year old kid cares that Pitt won a national championship over 40 yrs ago and in the 30's . They don't even know who Tony D is. In Bb your comparing Pitts tradition to who in the ACC , Duke ,UNC,SYRACUSE ,LOUISVILLE theres four schools in their own conference that dwarf Pitts tradition.
PSU still out recruits Pitt in Fb in its own backyard ( hope this changes ) , I guess you'd rather recruit WPa then Texas and Calif. In bb the talent is slim in WPa.
Your right it's people like me , that's the reason that Pitts major sports teams are what they are ,it has nothing to do with the commitment of the university. Keep complaining you doing a world of good.

It's not like he won't the national championship last year, Pitt has not done a thing the last 5 years what was our ACC and overall record last year that got us into the nit and lost our first game, this is not an over reaction it's a buildup over the last 5 years, yes Pitt might win its next 3 games then, again, might not, don't get me wrong I hope we do win the next 10 or 12 games, the ACC conference and the NC, that would be great, but in reality??? and it wouldn't matter what new coach AD Barnes brought in, he couldn't do any worse then the last 5 years,, keep bringing up the last 5 years, I wonder why?
Right...send in the savior, he'll outdo Wooden, Izzo, K & Rupp. Do you expect food stamps because you fog a mirror? Please name your fabulous choice as a successor.

Right...send in the savior, he'll outdo Wooden, Izzo, K & Rupp. Do you expect food stamps because you fog a mirror? Please name your fabulous choice as a successor.
You just never know, when Chryst left fans were wondering the same thing, but the hire of Narduzzi made people forget about Chryst in a hurry, you just never know until you make the change,

You just never know, when Chryst left fans were wondering the same thing, but the hire of Narduzzi made people forget about Chryst in a hurry, you just never know until you make the change,
Chryst leaving was actually a blessing JDs legacy isn't done yet ,but it won't be easy for someone to follow

It's a message board. If you're too sensitive to hear criticism of the program, I suggest you stick to the university's official site. That way your sensitive little mind won't be offended.
My sensitive little mind isn't offended del, i'm just tired of small little minds like yours saying that Dixon can't coach, fire him, and the team stinks, etc after a lost. So what we lost. we lost 3 games ALL TO RANKED TEAMS. we are still in the top 5 ACC and top 40 nationally. I don't mind the criticism. I'm tired of the cry babies like you. There is a difference. Do you here them calling for coach k's head after a lost to ND or Syracuse two teams we beat !!! It's a message board doesn't mean you should say stupid things after a lost. It's basketball you will not win them all. Do people at work feel you should be fired after every misstep or mistake ? Oh guess your perfect.

I am pretty funny, thanks. At least with me it's intentional. You are unintentionally funny. Be still and attack. Good grief.
Small minds, it's what you do, you attack with no substance behind what you say, you are a troll

Big difference....Chryst hasn't accomplished anything, yet. Duzz looks promising. Pitt's track record pre-Howland was pretty bad. In FB, we've sucked for about 35 years. We chased off Sherrill, ended up with garbage.

He did?
Narduzzi seems moderately more competent..but also lost to every team with a pulse on our schedule.
He improved the defensive play- and the offense tanked.

He did?
Narduzzi seems moderately more competent..but also lost to every team with a pulse on our schedule.
He improved the defensive play- and the offense tanked.
Absolutely he did, and you can't backup that he didn't the football program is on the way up, look what he has done with recruiting, his first full class. A new basketball coach might, just might do the same for the basketball program, Narduzzi first year record 8 - 5 with basically the same team as last year the recruiting is better and the coaching is better. Yes he did.

Absolutely he did, and you can't backup that he didn't the football program is on the way up, look what he has done with recruiting, his first full class. A new basketball coach might, just might do the same for the basketball program, Narduzzi first year record 8 - 5 with basically the same team as last year the recruiting is better and the coaching is better. Yes he did.
I don't make trend analysis based of a single season.
I'll let you know in year 4-5 if our program is doing.

Frankly, Narduzzi's first full class is no different than any of Chryst classes or anybody elses.
He tweets a lot. That's about the only difference. We're primarily losing battles for top kids we target- which is to be expected.

I didn't say Duzz hadn't accomplished anything. Read it again.

My sensitive little mind isn't offended del, i'm just tired of small little minds like yours saying that Dixon can't coach, fire him, and the team stinks, etc after a lost. So what we lost. we lost 3 games ALL TO RANKED TEAMS. we are still in the top 5 ACC and top 40 nationally. I don't mind the criticism. I'm tired of the cry babies like you. There is a difference. Do you here them calling for coach k's head after a lost to ND or Syracuse two teams we beat !!! It's a message board doesn't mean you should say stupid things after a lost. It's basketball you will not win them all. Do people at work feel you should be fired after every misstep or mistake ? Oh guess your perfect.
Not only are you ultra sensitive you can't read. There isn't a single post I have made arguing he shoul be fired- that isn't going to happen.That being said it's a message board and people are entitled to express their opinion. If you have no tolerance to other people's views, don't come to this board.

First of all wtf is a hang dog attitude? I want them to win national championships too ,but I realize their not making that a priority like others do and without that commitment it's not going to happen. You need to root for teams that prioritize winning your wasting your time here ,but what else do you have to do but complain .
Things that I personally know while I attended Pitt: TDs whose family lived in the projects somehow drove around campus in a pretty nice new car and amassed some incredible amount of parking tickets and phone bills , several Bb players whose family backgrounds wouldn't suggest wealth lived in a Mt Washington apartment instead of the dorms , the Fb players received clothing money for various in game accomplishments ( best hit ,catch ,run etc ) ,they paid some bb recruits family 10 k and he didn't even go to Pitt. They penalized themselves to avoid NCAA sanctions and that's what I know which I'm sure is the tip of the iceberg .
Let's talk tradition do you think some 18 year old kid cares that Pitt won a national championship over 40 yrs ago and in the 30's . They don't even know who Tony D is. In Bb your comparing Pitts tradition to who in the ACC , Duke ,UNC,SYRACUSE ,LOUISVILLE theres four schools in their own conference that dwarf Pitts tradition.
PSU still out recruits Pitt in Fb in its own backyard ( hope this changes ) , I guess you'd rather recruit WPa then Texas and Calif. In bb the talent is slim in WPa.
Your right it's people like me , that's the reason that Pitts major sports teams are what they are ,it has nothing to do with the commitment of the university. Keep complaining you doing a world of good.
The past is the past. The past doesn't determine your future unless you repeat the same mistakes. Nothing to say other than that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT