ADVERTISEMENT

In honor of National Women's Month, your favorite Women music artists.

Chrissie Hinde is my favorite. Krause has always been up there.

I'll always have a special place for Suzanna Hoffs.
Susanna Hoffs is absolutely gorgeous. I mean, I don't think I have ever seen a women (or man) age as beautifully as she has. That being said, the Go Gos were so much better than the Bangles.

Though this effing rocks!! And look at her, she is in her 50's (this was 10 years ago) and I would chase her in her 50's-60's over most women in their 20's. Wow. Gorgeous.

Susanna Hoffs is absolutely gorgeous. I mean, I don't think I have ever seen a women (or man) age as beautifully as she has. That being said, the Go Gos were so much better than the Bangles.

Though this effing rocks!! And look at her, she is in her 50's (this was 10 years ago) and I would chase her in her 50's-60's over most women in their 20's. Wow. Gorgeous.

The Go-Go's were indeed so much better than the Bangles. But part of that needs to be chalked up to the music industry. When the Bangles started, they were a rock outfit but the record company tried to turn them into a pop girl group. (The Go-Go's had more punk roots).

But I've heard them say that this cover of Hazy Shade of Winter (an excellent cover at that) was the closest they ever really got to the sound that the really wanted when they started off as The Bangs!

I’d say Alison Krause for her work with Robert Plant. Another vote for Lucinda Williams too. Margo Timmons. Courtney Barnett. Got to include Stevie Nicks too.

Geezz ... how did I leave Courtney Barnett off my list?

Also, for what it's worth, Vicki Peterson was a little bit more my type.

Oh man, how could I forget my love..........I can't believe I forgot this. And it is gone from You Tube. Veruca Salt's 1997 concert at the Masquarade in Atlanta, you can see me in the crowd right up front, next to stage. Anyways....Shutterbug......as this song played Louise Post spit water on me. I should have never washed again. I was in love.

I mean I feel like Finch with Stiffler's Mom in talking about Louise Post. I made out with her!!! Okay, so I exchanged some body fluids, one way, but yeah...I was in total love. Then I found out at the time she was dating this Dave Grohl fellow what does he have over me??

I mean to continue this.....I am being totally serious....I was this dude,.......almost......in a reverse with this chick......I was her almost with Louise being Bono.

Oh my god, I am both sad and happy at the same time. I realized I have had a pretty good life. I also realize alot of it has now passed and I can never get it back.

• Haha
Reactions: Ski11585
I hear you ... sucks getting old.
What is not weird but yeah okay weird, is hearing things like it is the 30th anniversary the Laettner shot against Kentucky. 30 years. I can remember where I was (Pittsburgh Sports Garden) who I was with (double date with my co worker's fiancé sister who was less than impressed I was more into that game than her) and I think if that happened 30 years previous to that date, it was 1962 I was not born nor a thought. We were were only 20 years from WWII. And it almost seems like yesterday even though Laettner hasn't played in the NBA in almost 20 years.

I guess the one brilliant piece of advice I can give to younger folks is enjoy your life because it truly does speed up faster the older you get.

Reactions: mike 301
Haven't seen Christine McVie mentioned. Stevie Nicks was gorgeous, but McVie had a better voice, was a great piano player, and was probably a better songwriter. And while not a beauty, had a mature sensuousness similar to Bonnie Raitt. She was probably the main reason for Fleetwood Mac surviving the period between Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer leaving and Buckingham and Nicks arriving.

Reactions: Saboteur II
I know she can be annoying but she friggin kills it here.

She’s an enigma. One minute you think she’s a no talent, then the next she belts out something like that. I’ve seen another performance or two of hers that are similar and somewhat blow you away. Wish I could think of one that I’m thinking of. I know it was another rock performance.

She’s an enigma. One minute you think she’s a no talent, then the next she belts out something like that. I’ve seen another performance or two of hers that are similar and somewhat blow you away. Wish I could think of one that I’m thinking of. I know it was another rock performance.
She definitely has much more of a rock voice than a pop voice.

She’s a huge talent who literally grew up in the public eye - which is no easy task
But here’s my favorite cover of hers

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Liz phair
Pat benetar.
Hope Sandoval/Mazzy Star.
Julie Delpy.
Edith Piaf..
Maria Callas.
Sonic Youth (female lead singer...Kim something)
Martina McBride.
Diana Krall

Reactions: #99HUGHgreen
Emmylou Harris
Natalie Merchant
Stevie Nicks
Sheryl Crow
Rickie Lee Jones
Patti Griffen

Last edited:
Her cover of Mazzy Star's Fade Into You should be considered a crime against humanity. She sucks.
Oh man. First off, Hope Sandoval is beautiful and legend in my eyes. And Fade Into You will always be one of my all time favorite songs. So I was scared to go and see this Miley Cyrus version for myself. And I have to admit, it was fine for me, and dare I say good?

Oh crap how did I forget and probably the goat:

Tracy Chapman

What an unbelievable talent

Haven't seen Christine McVie mentioned. Stevie Nicks was gorgeous, but McVie had a better voice, was a great piano player, and was probably a better songwriter. And while not a beauty, had a mature sensuousness similar to Bonnie Raitt. She was probably the main reason for Fleetwood Mac surviving the period between Peter Green and Jeremy Spencer leaving and Buckingham and Nicks arriving.
Check my earlier post. I agree with your assessment.

Reactions: JS School
Oh man. First off, Hope Sandoval is beautiful and legend in my eyes. And Fade Into You will always be one of my all time favorite songs. So I was scared to go and see this Miley Cyrus version for myself. And I have to admit, it was fine for me, and dare I say good?

Her official video where she's in a small room and she uses her Elvis impersonator voice is putrid. That version is fine. Check out (actually don't) her official video with her in a cowboy hat. Hideous. War Crimes.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I’ve yet to hear Miley sing anything that I thought sounded great.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT