ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting story about Pitt recruiting....

What could their side of the story be??? I mean, we are talking about a high school junior, not a senior. Do you mean to tell me that the Pitt football team has that much depth at WR that a 4 star recruit for the 2024 season, is being told they didn't have a scholarship available for him?

It's like you can get the fact that Pitt's actions would make absolutely no sense if this story is true, but rather than take the very small step to get to that probably means it's not true you make the leap straight to Pitt clearly screwed this up.

The person who told me this is a very reliable person and a huge Pitt fan. I believe everything that I was told because it all makes sense. Think about it for a second. Why is it that Pitt seems to get so few 4 and 5 start players every year, when compared to other Power 5 schools like Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, ND, USC, Clemson?
It actually makes no sense whatsoever. There's more to the story that your friend doesn't know or isn't telling you. Yet you keep propagating like it's fact

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
I checked into this and solved the conundrum. The family accidently called the Pitt futbol office.

With the Transfer Portal being what it is, there’s a good chance, that they could make one available if needed.

I know two parents of players we recruited personally, and neither had a good experience with Duzz compared to the others. Both kids are playing at power 5 as I type and do well. Do not care who believes me. 1 word both brought up. Aloofness

I know two parents of players we recruited personally, and neither had a good experience with Duzz compared to the others. Both kids are playing at power 5 as I type and do well. Do not care who believes me. 1 word both brought up. Aloofness
The only thing you know, is that you are on this site to troll.

Nothing more.

Reactions: FayettePittDad
The red flag has been thrown on this one. I’m happy to believe any number of possible critiques of Narduzzi, just from mere observation and listening to the man. But “aloofness”, which I am not even sure is a real word, come on.

If anything the opposite would likely be true with him, possibly to the extreme. I imagine him being in your face and aggressive with a recruit, sometimes to a fault for the more genteel types looking for an ass-smooching.

Everyone has seen and heard. He’s animated, he talks in a frenzy and tends to gather momentum and start to spew, he doesn’t seem to know how to dial it back. Frankly, most of the time I wouldn’t want him to, either. I like that stereotype of the manic football coach. The ‘cerebral’ emotionless types come off poorly to me. The only thing missing with Duz are the 80’s Bike nylon shorts, whistle, and stop watch, and he’d be Every Sports Coach I Had In The 80s. I dig that. But in recruiting, in the 2020s era, that can be a negative.

But honestly his only problem, shared with many coaches other than 20 or so, is that his recruiting pitch doesn’t get immediately followed up by a shady character delivering a large grocery sack of Benjamin’s. Or mouth-watering wh0res.

“Aloofness”, chortle. Come up with a better narrative with your next handle.

One college coach once told me that there is a school in Philadelphia (not SJP) who makes him feel "dirty" every time he leaves the building.

It all stemmed from the fact that he said he had to work through several handlers before he ever got to the kid.

Sounds like the "highly successful " AAU basketball model.

This was a freaking FCS school too.

Did you read what i posted??

It was before they blew up.

Doesn't matter when it was because in the end Andrews was never coming here. In your version of the story, Pitt sends a coach to a place it never pulls recruits from, gets a commit, and then he leaves anyway when he gets an OU offer. Again, that's assuming your story is even true. Not calling you a liar but the facts tend to change as stories get passed from one person to another. We've all played whisper down the lane.

I'll counter with this: when was the last time Pitt beat USC, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Michigan, and TAMU for an ESPN top 300 player from the Pacific time zone? I'm not aware of that ever happening in my 20+ years of following this team. So it was a moot point how we allegedly responded to that call which may or may not have even been made.

Last edited:
General rule of thumb, 99.9% of recruiting stories are BS. I think there is a ton of negative recruiting that turns fiction into fact and people are very eager to believe it.

Bro Mark Andrews, Cam Newton, and Justin Jefferson were all totally going to come here. Their uncles called and Pitt told them no. This is a thing that totally happened exactly as reported. Bro trust me.

Bro Mark Andrews, Cam Newton, and Justin Jefferson were all totally going to come here. Their uncles called and Pitt told them no. This is a thing that totally happened exactly as reported. Bro trust me.
Pitt said "no we won't pay you that much in fact we won't pay you at all"

Thats a different kind of "no" that happened there

Did you read what i posted??

It was before they blew up.

None of Pitt's top 150 recruits have ever come from the Pacific Time Zone. Literally not one, ever, in the 20 years that 247 has data. https://247sports.com/college/pittsburgh/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits/

Mark Andrews would be 16th all time at Pitt. https://247sports.com/player/mark-andrews-20587/

Again, whether or not that call happened as described - and I'm on record that it didn't - Mark Andrews was not coming here so it's a moot point.

None of Pitt's top 150 recruits have ever come from the Pacific Time Zone. Literally not one, ever, in the 20 years that 247 has data. https://247sports.com/college/pittsburgh/Sport/Football/AllTimeRecruits/

Mark Andrews would be 16th all time at Pitt. https://247sports.com/player/mark-andrews-20587/

Again, whether or not that call happened as described - and I'm on record that it didn't - Mark Andrews was not coming here so it's a moot point.
[/
I can’t believe I am going back and forth with this clown.

You have no idea what could have happened. My Uncle who was extremely tight even to this day ( coached these guys from junior high to high school) had them over his house for cook outs, brought my son ( also a D1 player at the time ) across the country to work out with them for a couple of weeks over the summer.

He had their ear and he pumped Pitt. To the point gave Pitt an opportunity to get involved with these kids before anyone else. Yet, they said what they did.

I don’t give a shit if you believe me or not. Now I see why I mostly stay on the pay board. Way to many clowns on this one.

ADVERTISEMENT