ADVERTISEMENT

Is there an actual trophy for winning the Coastal

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
Heading down to Winston-Salem and it would be cool to see a trophy presentation.

By the way, we always planned on going to this game since we only play them every 12 years down there. Its only a 6 hour drive. If you can make it, you probably should. Its not every year that Pitt is playing for a championship. Bad news is I have to miss the City Game.

I believe so.

I'll be down there. Had this booked for months. Never thought it would be to clinch the division. Let's end it Saturday.

I heard every team and every player in the ACC gets a trophy for participating this year. Things are different in college these days.

Da7PqjxWAAALGas.jpg

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post the same picture. It’s about as relevant as the land grant trophy

You beat me to it. I was just getting ready to post the same picture. It’s about as relevant as the land grant trophy
Don’t we play Cincy in a few years? Can’t wait to renew the rivalry and return the River City Trophy to its rightful resting place!

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
Yes, there is a trophy.
Exactly. They are both contrived rivalries.

The Land Grant Trophy represents the ONLY rivalry game Penn State has in the Big 10. And it's contrived.

The River City Rivalry Trophy is a contrived trophy that the Big East made up.

The difference is that Pitt had true rivalries in the Big East in WVU and to a lesser extent Syracuse. PSU has none in the Big 10.

Yes, there is a trophy.

The Land Grant Trophy represents the ONLY rivalry game Penn State has in the Big 10. And it's contrived.

The difference is that Pitt had true rivalries in the Big East in WVU and to a lesser extent Syracuse. PSU has none in the Big 10.

They don't care. Frankly, I would rather play big games against Michigan and Ohio State then PSU, too.

Great post, heading down to wake as well will be 2nd row behind the Panthers bench I didn't even think about a trophy. Good look... and the Cincy trophy should be hear in Pittsburgh shouldn't it? We beat them the last y....nvm haha just looked it up and yeah lost 34 to 10 in 2012... why don't I remeber this game hahaha... ohhh Fraud Graham.

And Cincy has a nice walk through hall of fame type deal for season ticket holders they have all the trophy displayed with couches and seats for ticket holders to enjoy drinks and snacks before entering the stadium. I know this only cause I went down in 2008 and our tickets came from a season ticket holder so we were granted access... only Pitt fans there.. I partook in taking some free soda cans down the old wind pipe before they beat us haha

Yes, there is a trophy.

this is still No. 1 on the list of contrived rivalries, hands down:

i

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT