ADVERTISEMENT

It gets harder and harder to watch

jgdPittfan

Scholarship
Nov 6, 2009
Poor coaching, undisciplined players, too many secondary breakdowns, it’s time for a change.
Buy Duzz out and start anew.
This program has not progressed
under Duzz and we all know it.
If he stays, many ticket holders will not renew let alone many donors decreasing or terminating their donations.

It hasn't regressed either. Same level or recruiting and same results. Any coach not great will have the same results.

Considering we have have been a .500 program for 35+ years I consider our recruiting to be outstanding. The issue is the coaching. Game plans are poor, play calling is bad, and players are sloppy...committing penalties and not making play when it matters the most.

Reactions: 33Rocks
Poor coaching, undisciplined players, too many secondary breakdowns, it’s time for a change.
If he stays, many ticket holders will not renew let alone many donors decreasing or terminating their donations.

It certainly appears pn doesn't have what it's going to take to turn this program into anything more than what it is currently.

Considering we have have been a .500 program for 35+ years I consider our recruiting to be outstanding. The issue is the coaching. Game plans are poor, play calling is bad, and players are sloppy...committing penalties and not making play when it matters the most.
Worse part, this is not a great Miami team. Not even close. Typically they are playing with intensity, not today. Let’s face it Narduzzi is a Foge redux. Pitt stop hiring long time assistants. Bring in a fun brand football. Season ticket sales are going crash next year.

It hasn't regressed either. Same level or recruiting and same results. Any coach not great will have the same results.

Need a young go getter with a lot of personality. Problems those guys typically are always looking to move on, which means it's a rental type of guy most likely. Make no mistake we do not recruit well on offense and we don't develope well either

I agree with the title. This is getting ugly. However I can't agree with the start over. This is the first time in a long time where I don't feel like we are out classed (per players) by the U in a long long time. This roster has talent. However the title says it is harder and harder to watch and I agree. This coach (offense especially) is absolutely brutal. We make it as hard as possible to move the ball. We never just move the sticks and live to play another set of downs.

My biggest problem with this staff is the penalties and undisciplined play. This team is not likely ever going to have enough talent to show up and beat people. Even miami has struggled to get enough talent for that. You can not kill yourself and pitt does it a lot under pn

I can’t think of another program that is as consistently mediocre like Pitt. Rarely wins more that 6 or 7 games a year yet rarely loses more than 5 or 6 games a year. Just brutal. I would be ok with having one dumpster fire season every 5 years or so to have one breakout season in the same time period.

When we start landing 10 or more 4 or 5 star recruits annually like the big boys do we can have the team most of us want. Until then (if it ever happens) our ceiling will remain in the 7-9 win range—lots of 8-5 seasons (and some worse but rarely better) regardless of who the coach may be. As the old farming era grandmother’s saying goes—You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear!

Reactions: smealpsu2005
When we start landing 10 or more 4 or 5 star recruits annually like the big boys do we can have the team most of us want. Until then (if it ever happens) our ceiling will remain in the 7-9 win range—lots of 8-5 seasons (and some worse but rarely better) regardless of who the coach may be. As the old farming era grandmother’s saying goes—You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear!
Better coaching would do more with less.

At best Pitt will split with FSU and Georgia Tech. I don't see a possible win anywhere else on the schedule.

Reactions: Dan1911
I can’t think of another program that is as consistently mediocre like Pitt. Rarely wins more that 6 or 7 games a year yet rarely loses more than 5 or 6 games a year. Just brutal. I would be ok with having one dumpster fire season every 5 years or so to have one breakout season in the same time period.

Given its location and history the team Pitt played today could be considered for the past 15 years or so.

The way this team is playing we will be 3-8 for the year.

This team would be the most talented 3-8 in the history of college football. As a former athlete (not a good one). I don't see how HCPN keeps this team together. It's really hard to play in a system where ....the system itself contributes to making games harder to win. Great coaches are like corner men. They let the players shine and hint/trick opponents so that their guy can have advantages. This whole offense screams ...how can we make coach look good...not the other way around.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT