ADVERTISEMENT

It'll be a blast watching PSU vs WVU in CFP

Would love to see Wvu vs Psu in a bowl game but it won't happen.Both are going to lose games and can't see where they could match up in a bowl.

If I ever see Pedo State vs the Hilljacks of WV in the CFP Championship game, I will never watch CFB again!

Yep. I mean it’s not a big enough kick in the balls that our team is looking like a mediocre potentially sub .500 team again, but that disgusting institution to the east and the hillbillies to the south have teams that are flourishing. It’s really great.

If I ever see Pedo State vs the Hilljacks of WV in the CFP Championship game, I will never watch CFB again!
You’re likely to see one of them.
Despite the ignorance/ intentional blindness on this board , Frankie is building a machine at State College U...

I’d cancel next year’s game with State in a flash and schedule close rival RMU or the Dukes.

Those schools see value in winning and prioritize it. Pitt sees football and basketball as the meal ticket to preferred sports that academic types can tolerate. The ladies sports and "international" sports like soccer.

Of course WVU is seen as a joke of a school but most random people polled likely would rate PSU higher than Pitt as a school. They'd rate Ohio State, UNC etc higher as well. Mainstream college ratings mags indeed do.

But Pitt is doing fine getting solid students, and grant money too, so sucky football and basketball are nothing to us. Again, gets us the ACC checks for the valid sports.

The optics of the empty stadium and Pete keep our admins occasionally engaged, rotating new coaches every few years or such. If they could they'd just have a robo coach. Actually that might be worth a try...

Meh, it's just another front loaded season for the hoopies. Enough to get their idiotic fans believing they could beat the 1988 SF 49ers and go 8-0 by playing the likes of freaking New Kensington School of Cosmetology. Then they'll play their final three games and get exposed and the entire state will trade in their opioids for SSRIs.

I say that out of both jealousy and disdain for the cretins around me in NCWV. HAHA. They don't play anyone but they win. We job to a team #113 (in offensive yards gained) and #115 in points scored. #Duzzidefense

I will, and I will totally don the "other" blue and gold. Screw Penn State. WVU is a fun rivalry. PSU is disgusting. I hope College Game Day comes to Morgantown when they play in a few years. I already have my sign made!! "Cuz sheep are better than 10 year olds"

I will, and I will totally don the "other" blue and gold. Screw Penn State. WVU is a fun rivalry. PSU is disgusting. I hope College Game Day comes to Morgantown when they play in a few years. I already have my sign made!! "Cuz sheep are better than 10 year olds"
Pitt leadership already beseeches you not to use that sign. Because you never know, PSU might give the Pitt AD another 2 game series in 2053 if we kiss their tails (uh oh, can I say that term in association with them?) So we have to be polite to them. Our team certainly heeded that order.

And yet some claim that Pitt can never win a championship.
Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Penn State are on a completely different level. WV is the flagship for the entire state. They have full support from their state government and are the only game in the state. Pitt struggles to get support from their own and are the red-headed stepchild in their own city.

Reactions: Cavaleer
Meh, it's just another front loaded season for the hoopies. Enough to get their idiotic fans believing they could beat the 1988 SF 49ers and go 8-0 by playing the likes of freaking New Kensington School of Cosmetology. Then they'll play their final three games and get exposed and the entire state will trade in their opioids for SSRIs.

I say that out of both jealousy and disdain for the cretins around me in NCWV. HAHA. They don't play anyone but they win. We job to a team #113 (in offensive yards gained) and #115 in points scored. #Duzzidefense
A few years back when they won 10 games was a joke, got exposed big time in their only real tough games by OK St, Oklahoma and Miami in their bowl game. Even with 2 less wins, I prefer the year we had overall at least getting the big wins over Clemson/PSU.

I do however think this year could be different for them since they have a Heisman caliber QB and a seemingly improved defense. But can they finally beat Oklahoma? Not to mention TCU, Texas Tech, Ok St and Texas won’t exactly be walks in the park.

Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Penn State are on a completely different level. WV is the flagship for the entire state. They have full support from their state government and are the only game in the state. Pitt struggles to get support from their own and are the red-headed stepchild in their own city.

Self fulfilling prophecy. Stop believing failure is the only option.

Why are we still fans to a team that refuses to even try.

I don't you have to worry about seeing WVU there. We'll know more about PSU's chances after next Saturday night.

It’s an absolute must game for PSU if they have aspirations of making the playoff.

If they lose they’re pretty much done as that would mean Ohio St would somehow have to lose twice over the rest of the season because there ain’t no way the BIG is getting 2 teams in.

It’s an absolute must game for PSU if they have aspirations of making the playoff.

If they lose they’re pretty much done as that would mean Ohio St would somehow have to lose twice over the rest of the season because there ain’t no way the BIG is getting 2 teams in.

Agree. It's a long season and lots of crazy things can happen. A loss Saturday night would make it really difficult.

God, what have I done to deserve this?
Why don't we just do whatever those schools do to win! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! Including whatever cheating they do and TAKE ANY STUDENT ATHLETE THEY TAKE, I don't care if the 4-5 star has a 650 SAT and 2.02 GPA or a GED if he can kick ass I want him!

At this point in the season, what else do I have to look forward to related to Pitt FB other than watching this board melt down. WVU v PSU in the NC would be awesome from that perspective. I may feel differently if there were a Locker Room board to watch some posters go ballistic over stuff that isn't that important in real life, but with that gone, this board is all we got.

Thanks you for the kind
Why don't we just do whatever those schools do to win! ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING! Including whatever cheating they do and TAKE ANY STUDENT ATHLETE THEY TAKE, I don't care if the 4-5 star has a 650 SAT and 2.02 GPA or a GED if he can kick ass I want him!
Come on 79 you know Pitt has the same requirements as Wvu and Psu when it comes to athletes.Thus how Paris Ford is at Pitt right now.But good try at putting down Wvu.

Thanks you for the kind
Come on 79 you know Pitt has the same requirements as Wvu and Psu when it comes to athletes.Thus how Paris Ford is at Pitt right now.But good try at putting down Wvu.

Pitt and every other D1 program except 3-4 take anyone who meets the minimum requirements

Reactions: eerlobe
I would argue that we already take chances on athletes that other schools don't. Ford is a good example. It was well documented that he had academic troubles, causing most of the "big schools" to sour on him. He ended up at Pitt, and boom, starts his career off with academic troubles. We also took that DT who got booted from PSU for behavior problems.

Don't think we're running some sort of saintly program over here. We're trying to win just as bad, if not worse, than anyone else. We're just not very good at it.

That’s what everyone thought last year, and then osu got blasted by Iowa and psu was back in the mix. Of course psu lost again and that killed their chances. I wouldn’t necessarily say this game will decide the division, but realistically it should. And honestly I don’t really see psu faring all that well. Their defense did not look very good against Illinois and they don’t have athletes that come from the same universe that osu does.

That’s what everyone thought last year, and then osu got blasted by Iowa and psu was back in the mix. Of course psu lost again and that killed their chances. I wouldn’t necessarily say this game will decide the division, but realistically it should. And honestly I don’t really see psu faring all that well. Their defense did not look very good against Illinois and they don’t have athletes that come from the same universe that osu does.

I’m sure PSU fans don’t believe it, but there is a huge difference perception wise between them and Ohio St nationally. If the committee has a choice between a 1 loss PSU team and a 1 loss Ohio St team they are taking Ohio St. Every single time.

I’m sure PSU fans don’t believe it, but there is a huge difference perception wise between them and Ohio St nationally. If the committee has a choice between a 1 loss PSU team and a 1 loss Ohio St team they are taking Ohio St. Every single time.
I’m not so sure they don’t believe that. After 2016 I don’t think anyone from psu came up with any reason why they got left out other than “the committee will always favor osu”.

He ended up at Pitt, and boom, starts his career off with academic troubles. We also took that DT who got booted from PSU for behavior problems.
That's good, but we should also have fake classes like UNC for the dummies, except cover it up better.

Ped st is not going to the CFP. Neither is WV!
I actually would like it if WVU went over blue bloods, I hate Bama, the SEC, Texas, tOSU, Michigan, ND, blue bloods in general more than I hate WVU.

I’m not so sure they don’t believe that. After 2016 I don’t think anyone from psu came up with any reason why they got left out other than “the committee will always favor osu”.

You’re probably right about that.

Then last year I think Ohio St fans and a few talking heads were the only ones surprised that they weren’t picked over Alabama.

Reactions: Pittx9
Right now I think Psu is the equal TOSU on the offensive side of the ball.Franklin has stock piled WR,RB,TE,QB with loads of talent.His oline is getting better and doesn't have a senior on it.Psu problem is their defense is talented but to young to hang with TOSU.Psu will have a really good defense but that will be in 2020 because his young studs will be juniors and 2019 recruits sophmores then.I can't see Psu slowing down the great Urban Myers this weekend but strange things happen in college football.And no I'm not betting on this game.

God, what have I done to deserve this?
That scenario actually could happen. But the nits have to beat the Buckeyes and teams like Bama and Clemson would have to lose. But it’s possible those two could meet in one of the other bowls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT