ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrod West

Thought Collier showed me a little in the last game. But just a lil and there's no telling when the lights can go on for him. I kept hearing other players on the team talk about how athletic he is.
So was JJ Moore.

Man oh man JJ Moore was always the star of the Greentree summer league too. Dude was a freak athlete that’s for sure. Crazy how he could never put it all together

Reactions: TWPitt
Man oh man JJ Moore was always the star of the Greentree summer league too. Dude was a freak athlete that’s for sure. Crazy how he could never put it all together

It wasn't really even the summer league where he was a star. He was good--but he was never one of the few best players there.

To me, it was more about some moments as a sophomore when he looked like he was on the brink of being a real standout player. It seemed like all he needed was a few more minutes of experience. And that's where he stopped in his progression.

Pitt better bring in more than 2 transfers - Jeffress and Collier are not ready to play - Justin and Hugley questionable on return
I don't know if Collier will be ready to play, but Jeffress will be just fine next year. He kept improving all year.

How good would Moore, Maia, Randall, Cam Wright, etc look now? Man have we fallen off a cliff. No one self-imposes like Pitt.
Not so sure about Randall- but Cam and Moore would definitely help — Maia would probably see the floor too.

It wasn't really even the summer league where he was a star. He was good--but he was never one of the few best players there.

To me, it was more about some moments as a sophomore when he looked like he was on the brink of being a real standout player. It seemed like all he needed was a few more minutes of experience. And that's where he stopped in his progression.

With JJM always get the feeling it was a combination of experience and perseverance. Some guys seem to struggle more with that. In HS they were stars. Played as many minutes as their physical limits allowed unless they got in foul trouble. They could play right through any struggles they were having or mistakes they made and usually got themselves righted.

In college at the highest level those struggles and mistakes would lead to the bench. So a player has to fight and persevere through it. Not all players are able to do that. Especially when the PT is limited.

I don't know if Collier will be ready to play, but Jeffress will be just fine next year. He kept improving all year.
If Justin does not come back, Jeffress will need to score. Even late in the year, I saw few signs he is ready for that.

With his pedigree, it is possible. It is also far from certainly. Best to have that as plan B.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT