ADVERTISEMENT

Jarrod West

Only other time I said 🔒 was a week before Collier’s commitment. I mean cmon Mark! Can i get some energy for being positive here!!!

If you are sure Ill take your word for it for now. Although I know he is / was very serious with Louisville as he has spoken to both Mack and Pegues.

I think the last time I used the word lock was with Hugley who was a done deal to Pitt months before he committed.

Reactions: cabe23
Well at least the right insider said it. If the other one said it, well...

tenor.gif

I assume he takes Toney's role as a starting SG/SF with Sibande remaining at SG.

Odukale
Sibande
West
Champagnie
TBD

I think so. Pitt needs as many good players as possible. Obviously they need some news on some bigs but a tough nosed swing guard who can shoot it a bit is good too.

He's good and respectable. Decent shooter, terrific assist to turnover ratio, high efficiency on offense, all conference selection on defense, twice. He also provides leadership which we need badly.

He's on the small side at 5'11 so his shooting percentages are going to fall in a better league. There are better players out there with higher upside that would provide more on offense, but this would be a really solid starting block to start off. He is a massive upgrade to our walkon point guard playing last year.

We could run dual points with him and Odukale at times and set up a nice trap extended pressure defense as he creates a ton of steals.

I assume he takes Toney's role as a starting SG/SF with Sibande remaining at SG.

Odukale
Sibande
West
Champagnie
TBD
Kid’s 5’11, max. He’s gonna linger around the backcourt on both ends of the floor, and probably be a secondary/backup ballhandler to Femi. Might push Sibande to that Toney role, though.

It’ll be interesting because West is very easily the most disruptive defender we’ve had since Trey. I could see a scenario where he plays off the ball to Femi on offense, but West defends the opponent’s point guard, while Horton and Sibande can be a little more protected and defend the 2. It’ll allow Femi to use his length to defend in a role like Toney did.

He's good and respectable. Decent shooter, terrific assist to turnover ratio, high efficiency on offense, all conference selection on defense, twice. He also provides leadership which we need badly.

He's on the small side at 5'11 so his shooting percentages are going to fall in a better league. There are better players out there with higher upside that would provide more on offense, but this would be a really solid starting block to start off. He is a massive upgrade to our walkon point guard playing last year.

We could run dual points with him and Odukale at times and set up a nice trap extended pressure defense as he creates a ton of steals.

If Pitt gets a tough defending C playing a team oriented game in here along with West, I could see some serious improvement from the team. Culturally he's the Anti-X, and will probably slide in somewhere between 4-8 in the rotation. West is a key piece IMO.

So he's coming here today backup Odukale?
He’d probably be the second best point guard on the team, which is probably good for 8-10 minutes as the primary ballhandler behind Femi.

But I think the value here is in having three guys in the backcourt who can play off the ball in pretty different roles - Horton is a shooter, Nike is a slasher, but neither one of them defends too well. West is a defender, shot it pretty well at a mid major, but the length might be an issue in the ACC on a 32 mpg basis.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
If Pitt gets a tough defending C playing a team oriented game in here along with West, I could see some serious improvement from the team. Culturally he's the Anti-X, and will probably slide in somewhere between 4-8 in the rotation. West is a key piece IMO.

We need 2 centers that can step in and not get the whole team killed like Brown did and cost us multiple games. 1 center isnt going to cut it.

West is a good addition and key piece, agree. Add him with Blakes and the backcourt is going places...

We need 2 centers that can step in and not get the whole team killed like Brown did and cost us multiple games. 1 center isnt going to cut it.

West is a good addition and key piece, agree. Add him with Blakes and the backcourt is going places...

So we need another teams transferring AKC as well, got it.

Blakes is a very intriguing talent, and has all those intangibles we like. I'm very excited for that kid to come on board, and it feels like there's a decent chance of it happening soon.

Reactions: Vader_Storm

Blakes is a very intriguing talent, and has all those intangibles we like. I'm very excited for that kid to come on board, and it feels like there's a decent chance of it happening soon.
I agree with all of this... but if we land West there won’t be much time for him. Seems like he’d be coming here to transfer a year later. Need some wings and bigs bad.

Reactions: TWPitt and Drew1208

There is. Blakes is versatile. He has a 6'8 wingspan, gets after you on defense and can shoot. Two players in the backcourt with a 6'8 and 6'11 wingspan can cause a world of problems for the opposing team.

He was a former teammate with both Will Jeffress and Efton Reid on team USA. He was also teammates with Sanders and Sunday, two more targets in 2022 from New York. Sunday is high on our board from OSL New York.

There is a lot connected with this kid.

There is. Blakes is versatile. He has a 6'8 wingspan, gets after you on defense and can shoot. Two players in the backcourt with a 6'8 and 6'11 wingspan can cause a world of problems for the opposing team.

He was a former teammate with both Will Jeffress and Efton Reid on team USA. He was also teammates with Sanders and Sunday, two more targets in 2022 from New York. Sunday is high on our board from OSL New York.

There is a lot connected with this kid.

I wasn't aware we had a legit shot at Silas Sunday.

I wasn't aware we had a legit shot at Silas Sunday.

We are looking at 3 OSL kids.

When Sunday starts to lose weight and get in better shape in a strength and conditioning program like Hugley did, his offer sheet is going to take off and things are going to get much tougher. But we have been on him early.

Reactions: TWPitt
We are looking at 3 OSL kids.

When Sunday starts to lose weight and get in better shape in a strength and conditioning program like Hugley did, his offer sheet is going to take off and things are going to get much tougher. But we have been on him early.

Yeah I just assumed he was going to be blue-blood bound. Has a look of a kid that will continue developing. I hate the idea of our staff investing a ton of time into a kid and then all of a sudden North Carolina shows up....

I agree with all of this... but if we land West there won’t be much time for him. Seems like he’d be coming here to transfer a year later. Need some wings and bigs bad.
We would have both Sibande and West leaving after next season. Might be tight in 2021, but a whole lot of backcourt minutes open up starting in 2022.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT