ADVERTISEMENT

Jesse Edwards hits the portal

Pittnerski

Freshman
Sep 11, 2013
Love seeing the Orange get raided like some mid major.

Big blow for their front court next season. Sounds like he wants to explore his NIL options which I don’t understand being from Netherlands. His dad had a quote out there that they’ve been trying to work on a number and couldn’t get anything done in Syracuse.

Scrap metal boy is all talk when it comes to NIL 😂

Reactions: Gondel
Love seeing the Orange get raided like some mid major.

Big blow for their front court next season. Sounds like he wants to explore his NIL options which I don’t understand being from Netherlands. His dad had a quote out there that they’ve been trying to work on a number and couldn’t get anything done in Syracuse.

Scrap metal boy is all talk when it comes to NIL 😂
Well, have to hand it to WVU for having the NIL funds to secure a commitment from him right after his visit this weekend.

Well, have to hand it to WVU for having the NIL funds to secure a commitment from him right after his visit this weekend.

WVU is winning the transfer portal. 2 Top 5ish transfers. Massive. I have said before that they are making a great effort with their NIL fund. Meanwhile, ours cant even put forth the effort to remove images of John Hugley which are still on there.

WVU Basketball shouldn't have a higher payroll than Pitt. Period.

WVU is winning the transfer portal. 2 Top 5ish transfers. Massive. I have said before that they are making a great effort with their NIL fund. Meanwhile, ours cant even put forth the effort to remove images of John Hugley which are still on there.

WVU Basketball shouldn't have a higher payroll than Pitt. Period.
You do understand that wvu booster have always donated 2-3x as much as pitt boosters for athletics going back 25 years since it was tracked ?!?!

I mean - does your personal donation to pitt athletics at least contain a comma ?

You do understand that wvu booster have always donated 2-3x as much as pitt boosters for athletics going back 25 years since it was tracked ?!?!

I mean - does your personal donation to pitt athletics at least contain a comma ?

Yes I understand that. But as I have said for awhile now, Pitt has to get out of the "Panther Club" game and into the NIL game. It cant have both. We dont have enough donous or generous enough donors to have both. The general university fund needs to make up any Athletic Department deficit while this Alliance 412 thing is shoved down our throats. They should essentially cover The Pete with Alliance 412 signage and run commercials for the thing non-stop. We need a payroll of $1 million/year at least.

Yes I understand that. But as I have said for awhile now, Pitt has to get out of the "Panther Club" game and into the NIL game. It cant have both. We dont have enough donous or generous enough donors to have both. The general university fund needs to make up any Athletic Department deficit while this Alliance 412 thing is shoved down our throats. They should essentially cover The Pete with Alliance 412 signage and run commercials for the thing non-stop. We need a payroll of $1 million/year at least.
FWIW, I heard Bickell has stepped up in the NIL game, particularly with the portal

FWIW, I heard Bickell has stepped up in the NIL game, particularly with the portal

That's good to hear. They still arent making any efforts to engage regular fans though. It cant just be all Bickell. All money needs to be going into this fund so we can create a minimum salary and then also be able to afford a Jesse Edwards or some other A lister. Capel did a great job with B and C level transfers but that isnt something we can always rely on.

That's good to hear. They still arent making any efforts to engage regular fans though. It cant just be all Bickell. All money needs to be going into this fund so we can create a minimum salary and then also be able to afford a Jesse Edwards or some other A lister. Capel did a great job with B and C level transfers but that isnt something we can always rely on.

Hell, they can't even get a fan who thinks that this is the most important thing to Pitt athletics to open up his wallet and make a donation. How are they going to get people who don't think it's the most important thing in the history of the world to donate?

How are they going to get people who don't think it's the most important thing in the history of the world to donate?

They can start with asking. No one ever heard of this thing. They wont even advertise it at games. Or at least start with deleting John Hugley off the website.

They can start with asking. No one ever heard of this thing. They wont even advertise it at games. Or at least start with deleting John Hugley off the website.
This is like the sixth time you’ve moved the goalposts to justify not donating. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

This is like the sixth time you’ve moved the goalposts to justify not donating. Can’t wait to see what’s next.

????

It is obvious Pitt isnt trying. Probably strategically so money isnt taken away from the Panther Club.

Here's WVU NIL twitter site. As you can say, they are trying very hard. Having a pregame party at the Pitt/WVU baseball game on Wednesday at PNC Park. I am guessing that Alliance 412 is also hosting a party, right?

WVU is really ramping up the NIL to bolster sports. Football it is harder to do because they and the Big 12 aren't as relevant, but basketball, yeah. They are going to be really good next year. And really old.

????

It is obvious Pitt isnt trying. Probably strategically so money isnt taken away from the Panther Club.

Here's WVU NIL twitter site. As you can say, they are trying very hard. Having a pregame party at the Pitt/WVU baseball game on Wednesday at PNC Park. I am guessing that Alliance 412 is also hosting a party, right?

Probably. Alliance 412 has tailgates all the time, including at the spring game. Those who donate know this.

Reactions: PittPharm2002
????

You whined that Pitt wasn't doing anything to promote Alliance412 like... days after Lyke gave an interview promoting 412 and they were pushing it on twitter. After getting called out you moved the goalposts to justify not donating. And you'll keep doing it again because you aren't actually invested.

Which is fine! I don't have the disposable income to dump funds into Alliance412 either. Gotta direct my contributions to academics. But I don't whine about NIL every day like you.

Edwards would be nice, but we have 3 7' footers who can move fairly well and are on an upward trajectory. We can use one more big body for
"5-8 minutes of hell", fouls, rebounds, hard screens.....

But it is the backcourt we need an experienced guy.

Edwards would be nice, but we have 3 7' footers who can move fairly well and are on an upward trajectory. We can use one more big body for
"5-8 minutes of hell", fouls, rebounds, hard screens.....

But it is the backcourt we need an experienced guy.
One Edwards is worth Fede and the twins. He’s much better than all of them and would eat up the 30-32 mins Fede plays.

You whined that Pitt wasn't doing anything to promote Alliance412 like... days after Lyke gave an interview promoting 412 and they were pushing it on twitter. After getting called out you moved the goalposts to justify not donating. And you'll keep doing it again because you aren't actually invested.

Which is fine! I don't have the disposable income to dump funds into Alliance412 either. Gotta direct my contributions to academics. But I don't whine about NIL every day like you.

I mean look, if Pitt were serious about people making donations to the NIL collective they would do something like put what was essentially a two page ad for it in the donor magazine that they send out every quarter, but as SMF can tell us, they will never do anything like that. It might take money away from the Panther Club.

Wait a second....

As I said before, HE says donating to the collective is really important, and HE knows how to donate to the collective. And yet HE chooses not to.

Because reasons and stuff.

I mean look, if Pitt were serious about people making donations to the NIL collective they would do something like put what was essentially a two page ad for it in the donor magazine that they send out every quarter, but as SMF can tell us, they will never do anything like that. It might take money away from the Panther Club.

Wait a second....

As I said before, HE says donating to the collective is really important, and HE knows how to donate to the collective. And yet HE chooses not to.

Because reasons and stuff.

Woah! A 2 page ad in Pitt Magazine. I dont even read that. Few people do. You know what would be better?

- Commercials at Acrisure and the Pete

- info tables at those venues

- t-shirt giveaways, contests during halftime

- social media advertising

- a pregame party at the Pitt/WVU baseball game (WVU is doing one)

- email bombardments to all Panther Club members. We should be getting weekly emails begging for money

- hire someone other than a middle school student to redo their website

- have giving levels and actual benefits like WVU's does

But, hey, they have an ad in Pitt Magazine so they are doing all they can I guess.

Woah! A 2 page ad in Pitt Magazine. I dont even read that. Few people do. You know what would be better?

- email bombardments to all Panther Club members. We should be getting weekly emails begging for money

But, hey, they have an ad in Pitt Magazine so they are doing all they can I guess.

You know what would help a lot more than any of that? If someone who thinks that this is the most important issue facing Pitt would actually put his money where his mouth is rather than just bitch that it isn't easy enough for him to do something that he not only could easily do, but knows that he could easily do.

VelvetyAgileHarrierhawk-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Joe the Panther Fan
You know what would help a lot more than any of that? If someone who thinks that this is the most important issue facing Pitt would actually put his money where his mouth is rather than just bitch that it isn't easy enough for him to do something that he not only could easily do, but knows that he could easily do.

Nope. I will continue to complain until we do what WVU is doing. Then I will donate. I am not spending a dime on it unless I know we are serious and right now we clearly are not even if we did take out an ad in Pitt Magazine. I mean who needs to advertise at Pitt football games when you can put an ad in a magazine that goes directly in the trash in most households.

• Haha
Reactions: Ski11585
Nope. I will continue to complain until we do what WVU is doing. Then I will donate. I am not spending a dime on it unless I know we are serious and right now we clearly are not even if we did take out an ad in Pitt Magazine. I mean who needs to advertise at Pitt football games when you can put an ad in a magazine that goes directly in the trash in most households.
At least you’re finally admitting that you’re a cheap hypocrite.

Come out your pockets dude. Wtf

At least you’re finally admitting that you’re a cheap hypocrite.

Nothing triggers you guys like my 100% correct view of Pitt's lack of NIL efforts. We all know they are barely trying. I say I'm not donating until they do and then you guys come out of the woodwork. There is absolutely no reason WVU should be trying harder than us. Yes, I give you that their fanbase is more generous. But they are also having that Country Roads Trust shoved down their throat.

Here's their YouTube Channel. Can you link Alliance 412's?

Nothing triggers you guys like my 100% correct view of Pitt's lack of NIL efforts. We all know they are barely trying. I say I'm not donating until they do and then you guys come out of the woodwork. There is absolutely no reason WVU should be trying harder than us. Yes, I give you that their fanbase is more generous. But they are also having that Country Roads Trust shoved down their throat.

Here's their YouTube Channel. Can you link Alliance 412's?

This took all of 1.3 seconds to find. Just admit you’re lazy and cheap and will always justify not donating.

• Haha
Reactions: jpoppa and Fk_Pitt
Here’s an idea, SMF, since you won’t donate but have all the ideas on how to get the others to donate. Contact ALLIANCE412 and tell them you’ll spearhead their NIL efforts in your spare time. Give them all your ideas and help them that way instead of donating instead of bitching on a message board. Of course you won’t do that either because you just want to bitch

Here’s an idea, SMF, since you won’t donate but have all the ideas on how to get the others to donate. Contact ALLIANCE412 and tell them you’ll spearhead their NIL efforts in your spare time. Give them all your ideas and help them that way instead of donating instead of bitching on a message board. Of course you won’t do that either because you just want to bitch

Yea right. That's like saying I should email the football coach if I have a problem with playcalling. That's why we have message boards.

Not everyone wants to be in the NIL game. You heard Jesse Edwards say Syracuse wasnt really in it. I mean everyone is to a point but not like the Miami's and WVU's. WVU is trying to buy a Natty. I don't think this fund has the university's support which is why there seems to be some type of ban from advertising it at games and why you dont see mass emails to Panther Club donors. Yes, they did promote it one time in January but that was it.

Reactions: Manster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT