ADVERTISEMENT

Jeter commitment

2 crystal ball predictions for ND today...one from Tom Loy who is really good. Narduzzi and staff pissed this away if he goes to Notre Dame.

Reactions: dcpitt
This cannot be true, this board has already declared Jeter the most important local recruit this year for Narduzzi. If Jeter goes to ND, cannot wait to hear the spin from this board on this one. I did say "if".

Reactions: ViciousHitter
A 4 star stud DE who the staff had 2 years to recruit in their back yard. Brother goes tonPitt, family loves Narduzzi and recruit goes to Notre Dame.
What else could he do then? Did u want PN to prevent him from visiting?

This cannot be true, this board has already declared Jeter the most important local recruit this year for Narduzzi. If Jeter goes to ND, cannot wait to hear the spin from this board on this one. I did say "if".
There is no spin if it happens. It is a blow to recruiting. A Pitt fan would not celebrating it for sure.

Pitt is going to beat ND for a local recruit, maybe 1 out of 10 times. If ND offers, you start planning contingencies. Pitt needs to beat PSU, Rutgers, MD, VT, etc.

So lol tomorrow's a big deal with eye emojis means tomorrow he is committing to ND? These are high school kids. Are you sure he isn't asking his girl friend to homecoming

-If Jeter committed to Notre Dame after Brian Kelley had this mixup with wanting to fire his defensive coordinator today and his fanbase wanting to fire the DC, then good grief, thats all on you Jeter wanting that risk. Notre Dame's defense is a trainwreck right now. At least Pitt's is getting rebuilt. But hey, Notre Dame still has their fight song.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt...ccount-likes-tweet-saying-to-fire-DC-47583418

Reactions: cpc247
Looks like this year's "412 Crew" plans on spending a few years in the 574. 4 of WPA's top 5 players to ND in the same class. Ouch.

Hope this is bad info.

I'll bet my lunch money that no matter what he says tomorrow...if anything, he ends up at Pitt on LOI day.

And Tom Loy is terrible. He's all ND all the time.

Hard to excuse this loss IF IF IF true, very heart breaking, but hey, won't miss a beat here, just replace him with a 2* that we are playing now , won't know the difference

-If Jeter committed to Notre Dame after Brian Kelley had this mixup with wanting to fire his defensive coordinator today and his fanbase wanting to fire the DC, then good grief, thats all on you Jeter wanting that risk. Notre Dame's defense is a trainwreck right now. At least Pitt's is getting rebuilt. But hey, Notre Dame still has their fight song.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt...ccount-likes-tweet-saying-to-fire-DC-47583418

Who is your silent commit?

Looks like this year's "412 Crew" plans on spending a few years in the 574. 4 of WPA's top 5 players to ND in the same class. Ouch.

Hope this is bad info.

ND's newly found emphasis on Western PA is not good for Pitt or PSU. And looking at it objectively, its smart by them. Places like PA or NJ, there is a lot of talent that doesn't grow up as diehard fans of the local school like in Ohio or the south.

Reactions: Ray-Ray

Pitt is the better football decision for him because PN and the staff are better coaches than Van Gorder and crew on the defensive side of the ball.

Last edited:
Hard to excuse this loss IF IF IF true, very heart breaking, but hey, won't miss a beat here, just replace him with a 2* that we are playing now , won't know the difference

It will be disappointing. No question. But again - what if the kid just likes ND more. For ANY reason - and not just football? Maybe he hates Oakland. I don't know if he does but you can be sure there are kids that do. Could be any number of reasons.

It will be disappointing. No question. But again - what if the kid just likes ND more. For ANY reason - and not just football? Maybe he hates Oakland. I don't know if he does but you can be sure there are kids that do. Could be any number of reasons.

-You dont commit to a school when a DC has 1 foot out the door the same day threats come out about the DC getting fired. This would be the dumbest decision ever, at least wait to see what happens at seasons end with the DC. He cares more about something else than football if this is the case. He doesn't have to go to Pitt, he has plenty of options. But you have to be a colossal idiot to verbal in this situation if he cares about his football career.

-You dont commit to a school when a DC has 1 foot out the door the same day threats come out about the DC getting fired. This would be the dumbest decision ever, at least wait to see what happens at seasons end with the DC. He cares more about something else than football if this is the case. He doesn't have to go to Pitt, he has plenty of options. But you have to be a colossal idiot to verbal in this situation if he cares about his football career.

The commitment wouldn't mean jack even if he did. I'm guessing they'd have a DC in place by LOI day so he could sign or change his mind.

The commitment wouldn't mean jack even if he did. I'm guessing they'd have a DC in place by LOI day so he could sign or change his mind.

-Obviously. But some of the bigger players recruiting him would give Jeter the middle finger the day he verbaled. So while he would still have options, his window will be smaller in terms of choice.

Jeter seems to like to play games and get twitter in an uproar. I remember him teasing about committing LAST year.

Agree , doesn't even make sense

A 4 star stud DE who the staff had 2 years to recruit in their back yard. Brother goes tonPitt, family loves Narduzzi and recruit goes to Notre Dame.

Thats not pissing anything away if true. They recruited him hard. Duzz would make him a pro and a local legend like donald. If the kid wants to.go.to an irish school so be it

Haha have you ever been.to.south bend??? I have. No way someone picjs Notre dame for south bend

His final 5 didnt even have nd. This would be a terrel pryor fishiness if he goes ND. Only difference would be ohio state actually makes more sense than heading to ND.

Thats not pissing anything away if true. They recruited him hard. Duzz would make him a pro and a local legend like donald. If the kid wants to.go.to an irish school so be it
They like to claim the Irish. It's actually French, but who cares about facts. There were more disenfranchised Catholic Irish in the states at the time of Rockne, so they ran with that during their travels. Barnum and Bailey type stuff.

His final 5 didnt even have nd. This would be a terrel pryor fishiness if he goes ND. Only difference would be ohio state actually makes more sense than heading to ND.

-Everything in his twitter is all Pitt related, every tweet, retweet, stuff on Price, Narduzzi. For him to verbal to Notre Dame out of nowhere doesnt make any sense. Especially with all the DC is getting fired stuff today. People have made off the wall much crazier decisions, but yea, it screams fishy if it isnt Pitt. And Notre Dame while historically is a great program, they arent even close to being an elite program today with that type of instant pull.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT