ADVERTISEMENT

Joe morehead makes 2.7 million

When Chryst left he was coaching at Fordham> THAT would've gone over well... It took the genius that is James Franklin to get him to the big time.
The guy won at Fordham, and is now winning at MSU. Has nothing to do with Frankie. The guy is a good coach and is from Pittsburgh.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
He wouldn't leave Miss St after only 1 year... the man has integrity.

And Franklin had the foresight to hire him. No one at Pitt did. That ship has saled now however, JoeMo already has a better job than Pitt.
Franklin took a chance bringing JoeMo in. The fanbase wanted a name brand OC and was skeptical at first. It didn't take long before he made believers out of everyone.

And Franklin had the foresight to hire him. No one at Pitt did. That ship has saled now however, JoeMo already has a better job than Pitt.
Franklin is a good, college coach. PS is willing to do anything to win. That combo makes PS a Top 10 program. No argument from me Nitter. Pitt is stuck in the land of mediocrity.

Joe Mo wanted the job after PC left. Wanted to come back to Pittsburgh. Wife from western pa. Pitt blew him off and the rest is history.

To be honest we still don’t know if Morehead is a great head coach or not.

Mullen left him with a stacked roster, including one of the best QB’s in the country.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Here's why:

Mississippi State.
Starkville Mississippi
He and his family are from the Pittsburgh area.

Open up the checkbook and go get him if that's who Pitt wants.

Agree, who the hell would want to live in Mississippi. Hell...why would anyone want to live in Kentucky?

Its simple....pitt hired the wrong guy from Youngstown.
Bo would have been a homerun (8-4) at Pitt

side note:
Not joking but Tressel or maybe RichRod at this point

Agree, who the hell would want to live in Mississippi. Hell...why would anyone want to live in Kentucky?
That is a very parochial attitude. I live in Pittsburgh and would not choose to live anywhere else, but I have spent time in Mississippi and Kentucky and there are great places to live in both states. It always pisses me off when people knock Pittsburgh and so I make it a policy to never knock where other people live.

Reactions: BFo8
They should have hired him after Chryst left. But let’s be honest. The fanbase would have been up in arms thinking we could have done better.

You're not wrong, but optics only matter so much. If you have the right guy, the fans will get over whatever initial distaste they had. Is Moorhead the right guy? I don't know, but I'm increasingly confident that Narduzzi isn't.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Franklin is a good, college coach. PS is willing to do anything to win. That combo makes PS a Top 10 program. No argument from me Nitter. Pitt is stuck in the land of mediocrity.
No, pitt was stuck in the land of mediocrity. They tried climbing upwards and completely fell of the ladder into the pit of misery. Or maybe now it’s the Pitt of misery.

Reactions: smealpsu2005
Why would he leave MSU for Pitt?

He'd be coming into essentially the B1G West. There's no Clemson in the Coastal and it's fairly wide open. It wouldn't matter, though, unless there is going to be sufficient support to succeed.

He'd be coming into essentially the B1G West. There's no Clemson in the Coastal and it's fairly wide open. It wouldn't matter, though, unless there is going to be sufficient support to succeed.

Coaches are egotists at heart, they want to compete against the best competition.

I’m sure Morehead is thrilled to be in the SEC and thinks he can win there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT