ADVERTISEMENT

Joe-say Joe-say Joe-say Joe say!!!

Do you know who these announcers are? The one sounds like Kevin Egen, who fills in on XM FC’s shows. He’s also the play by play guy on Monday Night Raw now but goes by a different name there. It might not be him though.
I just turned it on. Think the last names were Wileman and Martino.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I'm watching off and on on Universo. Andres Cantor and Manuel Sol apparently on the call.

I forgot that Turner just bought the English language rights and the games would still be free on Spanish language stations so I bought HBO Max for a 1 year special promo. Not for US Soccer, mainly to get 2 seasons in for the new Game of Thrones and with the hope they would have more good shows. Haven't had HBO in a few years and I'm surprised they dont seem to have many shows that I think I'd like. Everyone talks about the White Lotus and Succession but I dont think I'd be into it, maybe Succession but not White Lotus.

To answer FK's question, Kyle Martino used to play for the Galaxy back when Beckham did so I remember him from that. Then he was the Taylor Twellman of ESPN until he went to NBCSN when they got the MLS feal and he stayed with them for their Premier League coverage. Personally, I never liked him as an announcer.

Is that curly head ball of energy kid any good? As I’ve said many times I know zippo but he kinda stood out to me. Only saw most of the second half.

Don’t know. Looks like I’m talking about Cade Cowell.
I never heard of him before last night. He was pretty active though. I hate to sound like a prude because guys like pitt79 don’t like to hear it…but none of these guys are anything to me until they are signed by a Euro team and preferably play in a top 5 league.

I never heard of him before last night. He was pretty active though. I hate to sound like a prude because guys like pitt79 don’t like to hear it…but none of these guys are anything to me until they are signed by a Euro team and preferably play in a top 5 league.
So at least I guess I wasn’t too far off, at least for a night. Doesn't necessarily mean anything big picture but I guess he had a night.

And I don’t know enough but I can certainly understand your approach. Cause if they were good enough, someone would be scooping them up. I did see something in the last week or so that MLS has slowly crept up but I’m inclined to agree with your philosophy for the most part.

So at least I guess I wasn’t too far off, at least for a night. Doesn't necessarily mean anything big picture but I guess he had a night.

And I don’t know enough but I can certainly understand your approach. Cause if they were good enough, someone would be scooping them up. I did see something in the last week or so that MLS has slowly crept up but I’m inclined to agree with your philosophy for the most part.

Yeah I don’t want it to minimize your thoughts on what you saw. I had a crazy night, on the phone with my insurance company after my son destroyed his car. Lol. So I was only casually watching. He seemed to play well and with a MOTM in an international match, surely he put himself on the radar. He’s one to keep an eye on it would seem.

Just like Slolina. He’s an 18 year old star who caught Chelsea’s eye and is now in England. He’s certainly one to keep an eye on. And then there’s Paxton Aaronson, who just signed recently to play in Europe. I think Vasquez could also be one to get a shot overseas.

Yeah I don’t want it to minimize your thoughts on what you saw. I had a crazy night, on the phone with my insurance company after my son destroyed his car. Lol. So I was only casually watching. He seemed to play well and with a MOTM in an international match, surely he put himself on the radar. He’s one to keep an eye on it would seem.

Just like Slolina. He’s an 18 year old star who caught Chelsea’s eye and is now in England. He’s certainly one to keep an eye on. And then there’s Paxton Aaronson, who just signed recently to play in Europe. I think Vasquez could also be one to get a shot overseas.
You can minimize anything I say haha. I don’t know spit. But he was just all over the place and stood out.

Don’t know. Looks like I’m talking about Cade Cowell.

He is thought by some to be the best player on that U20 team. I watched them last summer and he was ok but the Philly Union kids (Paxten, Sullivan, McGlynn) were better I thought. But Cowell has the most MLS experience as he is basically a starter in San Jose, which is hard to do at this age with all those South American C teamers. I liked how he played. He's a guy to keep an eye on for 2026.

BTW, I noticed the IU keeper from the Covid College Cup is on the US roster. He plays for Cincy.

Stewart, McBride and Derp-a-Derp gone. Where does this federation go?

No one connected to US Soccer. Hire Don Garber (MLS commissioner, ok, that's US Soccer, but he's a soccer outsider). As funny as this sounds, maybe Oliver Luck, who used to run the Houstin Dynamo. We need business people, not soccer people.

Reports are that Leeds and Juventus have reached a deal for Weston McKennie. It's a loan deal for the rest of the season, with Leeds having an option to buy at the end of the year.

I thought this could be a good move too, but I thought he was only being targeted by Mexico.

How can we make this happen? Surely there is some kind of US connection with Haaland? We need him badly. Lol. Great pic here.

We don’t have a de Bruyne who can serve in perfect balls.
He was a 100 million dollar big, strong as an ox and gifted goal scorer who ran like an antelope before he played with KDB.

But yeah, I suppose Haji will do. ;).

He was a 100 million dollar big, strong as an ox and gifted goal scorer who ran like an antelope before he played with KDB.

But yeah, I suppose Haji will do. ;).
He as always needed the balls served in. He’s not a break away guy. He’s finishing great passes in the air and on the ground.

I thought this could be a good move too, but I thought he was only being targeted by Mexico.

Like Jose, given his track record and style, I don't see him as a guy who's going to be at a job for the next 3.5 years. Unlike Jose, Bielsa does have a long track record as a national team coach.

If the US is looking at the coaches Mexico is considering, what about Marcelo Gallardo? Not a name to European soccer fans but he's been very successful in the Libertadores. Also played a huge role in Argentina's success by developing Enzo Fernandez and Julian Alvarez

He as always needed the balls served in. He’s not a break away guy. He’s finishing great passes in the air and on the ground.
He’s tough to keep up with. He may the fastest player in the premier league. The Ukrainian kid chelsea got last week clocked at the same speed at 22.39 mph. Haaland set the Bundesliga record for fastest player in history. At 6’4”, I’ll take that.

He’s tough to keep up with. He may the fastest player in the premier league. The Ukrainian kid chelsea got last week clocked at the same speed at 22.39 mph. Haaland set the Bundesliga record for fastest player in history. At 6’4”, I’ll take that.
He is fast but boy does he make his money finishing everything served to him. He also makes perfect runs to get all of the perfect angles and runs to goal.

Speaking of Jose…here’s a quote about diving I just saw on twitter. This forward some of you may not be familiar with because he’s young and playing in Italy. But he’s being described as the next big thing potentially. The next Drogba. He’s blowing up in Serie A.

ADVERTISEMENT