ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields is BACK and going to lead the Steelers to the promised land!

I feel bad for Fields. Has played mostly ok but they lost 2 games and since Tomlin can't possibly be the reason why, we have to explore a QB change.

This team is so cooked, man. Deck chairs on the Titanic. They need to be careful because pretty soon they'll start getting labeled as a toxic or mismanaged franchise and players will begin to avoid them. Tick, tock, Michael.

Fields has been respectable this season, but I thought he was pretty bad the other night. Not as bad as the defense, but bad.

That's an interesting take. The stillers couldn't even be bothered to draft an oline for their first round QB...
Some people are simple like that. They can’t look beyond the QB position and identifying issues.

Some people are simple like that. They can’t look beyond the QB position and identifying issues.

Yeah, the organization that can't do anything right just so happened to nail that QB pick. Yes, the dude who no on wanted in the first round and who no one wanted as a starter for virtually free upon his trade availability. But the world will never know, because of all the other players the Steelers put out there on offense who sucked. Pitt fans know it, because we saw him torch the ACC. But no one else will ever know it. Do I have that right?

Yep. Simpletons think Fields is the problem but he’s being most accurate all year.

Throws a TD to Pickens last week…clank

Throws a beautiful ball down the sidelines to Heyward this week…clank

Throws a 3rd and 4 conversion in Dallas territory to Pickens…through his hands.

Jefferson down the sideline…clank.

If these things don’t happen, the Steelers are likely 5-0.

Fields isn’t going to score you 40 points in your fantasy league folks, but he should be 5-0.

Yeah, the organization that can't do anything right just so happened to nail that QB pick. Yes, the dude who no on wanted in the first round and who no one wanted as a starter for virtually free upon his trade availability. But the world will never know, because of all the other players the Steelers put out there on offense who sucked. Pitt fans know it, because we saw him torch the ACC. But no one else will ever know it. Do I have that right?
No

if Heyward doesn’t drop this two balls

Since you say two balls, are you counting the one at the beginning of the game where if Fields had merely thrown a poor ball it was a walk in touchdown, and instead the pass was incomplete because he threw a ball that I would have been embarrassed if I threw? And I don't mean embarrassed when I was Field's age, I mean embarrassed if I had thrown a ball like that on Sunday, as a 60 year old.

Fields certainly is not all to blame for this bad offense. But lets be real here. The Stillers have played five games so far. In one of them he was decent. Pretty good, perhaps. And in the other four he ranged from the low end of average to pretty bad.

He's not getting much help. He's not THE problem. But he is A problem. His two choices seem to be play it close to the vest to avoid all the dumb mistakes he made in Chicago, or play more open and free and bring all those mistakes back to the table. He is not good. He has not been good. And the funny thing with people, especially the media in this town, is that a week ago everyone was wondering if he should still start when Wilson is "healthy", and now a week later most of those same people are ready to throw him under the bus. And yet he's pretty much the exact same guy this week as he was last week. And pretty much the same guy this year that he was in Chicago.

It is that, though. What did everyone "not see" that only a select few Pitt fans saw? He led some comebacks. Great. So did Tebow. Tebow showed up big in a playoff game and downed a 12-4 team with a dart.

Every statistic of his is tangibly bad. His arm strength in tangibly below average. So then people point to wins. And he's 14-11 as a starter. So then they point to "games he started and finished," as if they're readjusting everyone else's stats for that. What they really mean is they think he would have won that Arizona game. He may have. But that doesn't factor in the Houston game or the Jacksonville game in which he looked nothing short of awful in. Or the Baltimore game, which was going to be tough. And it certainly doesn't include an asterisk for games the defense won in spite of his awful play. Then they point to everyone around him and the OC. Sure, the situation wasn't ideal. But Ben, with a shot elbow, did a lot more with pretty much the same cast of characters. Fields, a dude whose market value was akin to that of dirt, will do about the same as Pickett with even one less formidable receiver.

It's a combination of hate for Penn State/WVU fans who are also Steeler fans and Purdy Situational Envy.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I do appreciate how jumping up and barely being able
To get fingers on an overthrow is Pickens fault .
Yep
That game is on the offense for failing to put drives together and get into scoring position .

Here’s the play again that killed a drive not far from field goal range. Whose fault was this again? Look again my friend. Pause it at 5 seconds. Pickens one foot never left the ground. He’s cost us the last two weeks more than the QB has.

Since you say two balls, are you counting the one at the beginning of the game where if Fields had merely thrown a poor ball it was a walk in touchdown, and instead the pass was incomplete because he threw a ball that I would have been embarrassed if I threw? And I don't mean embarrassed when I was Field's age, I mean embarrassed if I had thrown a ball like that on Sunday, as a 60 year old.

Fields certainly is not all to blame for this bad offense. But lets be real here. The Stillers have played five games so far. In one of them he was decent. Pretty good, perhaps. And in the other four he ranged from the low end of average to pretty bad.

He's not getting much help. He's not THE problem. But he is A problem. His two choices seem to be play it close to the vest to avoid all the dumb mistakes he made in Chicago, or play more open and free and bring all those mistakes back to the table. He is not good. He has not been good. And the funny thing with people, especially the media in this town, is that a week ago everyone was wondering if he should still start when Wilson is "healthy", and now a week later most of those same people are ready to throw him under the bus. And yet he's pretty much the exact same guy this week as he was last week. And pretty much the same guy this year that he was in Chicago.
Didn’t even read your post beyond the first sentence. If Heyward doesn’t dive he runs under it and walks into the end zone.

Maybe you never played wide receiver before, but you’re taught to run through the ball because you get there faster than diving. I’m sure you’ve played baseball though and it’s exactly why you see runners running through the 1st place bag instead of diving.

The ball to Heyward was perfect. He’s not a natural receiver…most receivers catch that routinely. Maybe even George.

Here’s the play again that killed a drive not far from field goal range. Whose fault was this again? Look again my friend. Pause it at 5 seconds. Pickens one foot never left the ground. He’s cost us the last two weeks more than the QB has.

I’d say the qb for not throwing it accurately , requiring an adjustment

Didn’t even read your post beyond the first sentence. If Heyward doesn’t dive he runs under it and walks into the end zone.

Maybe you never played wide receiver before, but you’re taught to run through the ball because you get there faster than diving. I’m sure you’ve played baseball though and it’s exactly why you see runners running through the 1st place bag instead of diving.

The ball to Heyward was perfect. He’s not a natural receiver…most receivers catch that routinely. Maybe even George.
It was a bad throw , so was the one to Washington
He makes plenty of inaccurate passes
Is fields the new crush since Mason is gone ?

It is that, though. What did everyone "not see" that only a select few Pitt fans saw? He led some comebacks. Great. So did Tebow. Tebow showed up big in a playoff game and downed a 12-4 team with a dart.

Every statistic of his is tangibly bad. His arm strength in tangibly below average. So then people point to wins. And he's 14-11 as a starter. So then they point to "games he started and finished," as if they're readjusting everyone else's stats for that. What they really mean is they think he would have won that Arizona game. He may have. But that doesn't factor in the Houston game or the Jacksonville game in which he looked nothing short of awful in. Or the Baltimore game, which was going to be tough. And it certainly doesn't include an asterisk for games the defense won in spite of his awful play. Then they point to everyone around him and the OC. Sure, the situation wasn't ideal. But Ben, with a shot elbow, did a lot more with pretty much the same cast of characters. Fields, a dude whose market value was akin to that of dirt, will do about the same as Pickett with even one less formidable receiver.

It's a combination of hate for Penn State/WVU fans who are also Steeler fans and Purdy Situational Envy.

The first three scouting combine reports I pulled up all said above average arm strength. I don’t know where this below arm strength rhetoric started coming from. And all reports had him 1st round grades and some 2nd. The knock on him was his hand size. If not for that, his first round pedigree would have been a consensus.

Good god almighty, if you think that that awful pass was perfectly thrown you've completely lost your mind over a below average to well below average NFL quarterback.

This is where we need that John McEnroe gif, "you cannot be serious!"

It was a bad throw , so was the one to Washington
He makes plenty of inaccurate passes
Is fields the new crush since Mason is gone ?
Well the professionals say it was perfectly thrown and dropped right in there. But if I need a pill dropped in a bottle, I’ll reach out to you.

Gotta hand it to you for staying true to form.
The qb throwing to a spot that doesn’t require an adjustment when the receiver is open is what should be expected .

This was a very easy throw - it was was a shot post .
Fields has had accuracy issues his whole career .

Yep. Simpletons think Fields is the problem but he’s being most accurate all year.

Throws a TD to Pickens last week…clank

Throws a beautiful ball down the sidelines to Heyward this week…clank

Throws a 3rd and 4 conversion in Dallas territory to Pickens…through his hands.

Jefferson down the sideline…clank.

If these things don’t happen, the Steelers are likely 5-0.

Fields isn’t going to score you 40 points in your fantasy league folks, but he should be 5-0.
No they should not. The Colts were winning 17-3 at halftime and at no point did the Steelers gain control of the game. The Cowboys dominated the Steelers in every statistical category and had key players that were injured.

All he needs is a qb capable of reading a defense and throwing the ball with accuracy
We saw what Pickens can do when that happens .

Maybe dead arm Russ is the answer?
Assuming his menstrual cycle permits .
Lol. Maybe….

But are you going to ignore the data above that Zelda posted about his accuracy? Fields is one of the most accurate guys in the league this year. Certainly that’s never been his thing, but it is right now.

I want to see Russ running play action. That’s what Arthur Smith runs when he doesn’t have a guy like Fields who he can’t trust under center. My assumption is russ will hold on to the ball too long, take sacks and wont use the middle of the field. But I want to see if he is better for the offense than Fields.

No they should not. The Colts were winning 17-3 at halftime and at no point did the Steelers gain control of the game. The Cowboys dominated the Steelers in every statistical category and had key players that were injured.
Well true. I agree. The cowboys did dominate but turnovers are turnovers and impact games. The fact is the Steelers were one score away from winning that game. A dropped TD last week was the difference vs Indy, and a dropped pass Sunday night might have been the one play that kept a score off the board.

Fields and Pickens

Two elite freak athletes with extreme talent. One is very mature. The other still isn’t. Both are getting a pass with many because of their raw talents. I think if one of the two figures it out we will be lucky. Both have pay days coming but things aren’t looking good at the moment.

Btw, I’m a fields supporter. I like the dude. But I don’t ever seem to see him on the bench looking at coverages on the Surface Pad. There is a such thing as paralysis by analysis. But the good QBs seem to always be using that time on the bench preparing for the next series. Maybe I’m nitpicking here. I’m not trying to. He’s the least of their problems.

I think this is correct. Fields still make poor throws to wide open guys, which is a big problem. Pickens still has time but I don't think he's the number one WR he believes that he is.

Lol. Maybe….

But are you going to ignore the data above that Zelda posted about his accuracy? Fields is one of the most accurate guys in the league this year. Certainly that’s never been his thing, but it is right now.

I want to see Russ running play action. That’s what Arthur Smith runs when he doesn’t have a guy like Fields who he can’t trust under center. My assumption is russ will hold on to the ball too long, take sacks and wont use the middle of the field. But I want to see if he is better for the offense than Fields.

That chart is dumb lol. They need to add a throw chart difficulty axis as well but that would turn it into a venn diagram.... which would only confused 99% of the people on Twitter.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Ok. Whose burner account is this? Souf’s or George’s?

In all seriousness, if you toggle it and read the whole timeline…it’s definitely Pickens. Lol.

Argue personnel all you want. The Steelers are fast becoming just like the Buccos. The difference is the Rooney's still spend enough to win, they just choose to spend it on the wrong things. That said, Tomlin will not take this team in a compete for championships direction. He would rather go 9-8 or 10-7 with no chance to compete with the Bills or Chiefs. As long as Tomlin is coach, which will be as long as he wants, this team will have no shot at the ultimate prize. Rooney + Tomlin means a Bucco like drought for Steelers. I hope 2009 will not be what 1979 has been to the Buccos, but, until they have their eyes opened as to what it takes to be superbowl competitive in the current NFL, the wait could be just as long.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT