ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields is BACK and going to lead the Steelers to the promised land!

You heard how Tirico and Collinsworth were praising Tomlin Sunday night? They actually thought it was wonderful coaching to muck up the game, rely on red zone turnovers, and get a game into the 4th quarter vs an incredibly flawed Cowboy team missing their two best defensive players?? In their words—Tomlin has them right where he wants them. This is what he wants (as if it’s a good thing).

Now imagine the national outrage if Rooney were to fire him. They’d be saying “how could you fire a guy with no losing seasons”.

Which is another thing. Did you hear in the pregame studio show when they said “Tomlin has never had a losing season and we don’t talk about it enough”. What?????????
Yup. The national media fawns over him and praises his smash mouf neanderthal approach. What's hilarious is Tomlin always talks about not living in their fears but he coaches the game doing exactly that. Its almost as if he doesn't trust his defense to overcome the occasional mistake on offense.

I have moved on from Kenny. I’m more of a Fields fan than a Kenny fan. I just know when a QB has chips stacked against him. Kenny might never amount to anything and Fields may never become a franchise guy…but as I said this summer, it took Sam Darnold 7 years to get away from QB killing teams and this would be the year we see what he can do. And now we are seeing it. You won’t see me rip Fields. Unless Wilson comes in, tears it up, and then I’ll eat a little crow.
i know man, im with you. you have to have a good environment and surrounding cast if you expect a rookie qb to come in and succeed.

problem is, coaches now in the nFL need to win NOW and rookie qbs need a year or two on bench, "learning". Those two ideas contrast with each other. So an nfl coach is forced to play their great new rookie qb asap, and that often leads to failure.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
George absolutely is weak. Weak people don’t fight through adversity. Weak people don’t work hard.

I don’t know how you change him. Maybe you can’t. This is the kind of things we see all the time with athletes. No matter how good you are, if you can’t get out of your own way you’ll never be great.
As I and others have pointed out this was the rap on him coming out of college. Yeah he had the injury but I do recall he played in their bowl game. So he was completely recovered. The injury may have been a minor part of the reason teams passed on him but the biggest issue was the space between his ears.

I have moved on from Kenny. I’m more of a Fields fan than a Kenny fan. I just know when a QB has chips stacked against him. Kenny might never amount to anything and Fields may never become a franchise guy…but as I said this summer, it took Sam Darnold 7 years to get away from QB killing teams and this would be the year we see what he can do. And now we are seeing it. You won’t see me rip Fields. Unless Wilson comes in, tears it up, and then I’ll eat a little crow.
That the thing that many dont get. Im pretty sure just about everyone who defended KP has claimed he was the answer at QB. The issue is the situation is so toxic in this organization that theres not a QB not named Mahomes who could make this offense work. KP may or may not be a viable starter and for sure there are legitimate criticisms regarding his game, but a final assessment is not possible based on his tenure in this offense. Quite frankly I dont think KP is a particularly likeable guy. Im no fan of Fields but he appears to be more of a stand up guy than KP was.

i know man, im with you. you have to have a good environment and surrounding cast if you expect a rookie qb to come in and succeed.

problem is, coaches now in the nFL need to win NOW and rookie qbs need a year or two on bench, "learning". Those two ideas contrast with each other. So an nfl coach is forced to play their great new rookie qb asap, and that often leads to failure.
Interesting that the Pats are sitting thier No1 Pick Maye. I agree with you but that seems to be the rare exception.

He did not have more weapons. You’re insane. Dionte might have been on that team but it’s hardly a net positive compared to having to play with Mason Cole in a Canada offense.
Yeah Diontes average of 5 receptions for 50 yards per game this year is truly impressive!

Yeah Diontes average of 5 receptions for 50 yards per game this year is truly impressive!
dionte johnson had 130+ receptions for over 1500 yards last two years. he was frustrating as all hell but he was productive as a steeler.

380 receptions in 5 years for pittsburgh, 4400 yards, those are good numbers. Again, he had his warts no doubt but you get rid of him, then you better replace him. We didnt..

Reactions: PittPharm2002
He did not have more weapons. You’re insane. Dionte might have been on that team but it’s hardly a net positive compared to having to play with Mason Cole in a Canada offense.
DJ is another legit WR they don’t have now .
He also had James Daniels and a healthy Herbig and Seumalo on the OL depth.

dionte johnson had 130+ receptions for over 1500 yards last two years. he was frustrating as all hell but he was productive as a steeler.

380 receptions in 5 years for pittsburgh, 4400 yards, those are good numbers. Again, he had his warts no doubt but you get rid of him, then you better replace him. We didnt..
Yeah he is a decent receiver but hes not a No 1. Hes a number 2 with a ten cent head who was a drive killer with his drops, running back behind the markers and key fumbles. Cant have two cancers on the team. But you are right that you cant get rid of a decent receiver without finding a viable replacement.

If his contact was half as much AAV he’d still be a Steelers
Colbert over paid by a lot , but DJ is an elite route runner

That the thing that many dont get. Im pretty sure just about everyone who defended KP has claimed he was the answer at QB. The issue is the situation is so toxic in this organization that theres not a QB not named Mahomes who could make this offense work. KP may or may not be a viable starter and for sure there are legitimate criticisms regarding his game, but a final assessment is not possible based on his tenure in this offense. Quite frankly I dont think KP is a particularly likeable guy. Im no fan of Fields but he appears to be more of a stand up guy than KP was.
Fields is way more likable as a person than Kenny. I heard too many stories from students about Kenny’s douchbaggery when the cameras weren’t around.

Reactions: pittbb80
Yeah he is a decent receiver but hes not a No 1. Hes a number 2 with a ten cent head who was a drive killer with his drops, running back behind the markers and key fumbles. Cant have two cancers on the team. But you are right that you cant get rid of a decent receiver without finding a viable replacement.
Who are the receivers in the NFL you watch regularly that you think are legit 1s?

Thats one heck of a back handed compliment!
yeah, faint praise (if im spelling and using that dumb cliche correctly). but reality is, pickens quitting mid game, other wrs dropping balls and a defense that couldnt make one stop was why we arent 4-1 and in sole place of leading the afc north, not fields..

we have one of the highest paid safeties in the league who hasnt forced a turnover since 2022. queen has been a dissapointment too. we have big issues and fields isnt one of them..

i was fine getting rid of him but i never thought in a million years that Khan wouldnt add someone legit. im not even talking about an Ayiuk but someone better than freaking jefferson and scottie miller. just an absolute failure by this organization.

How much better would we be now with Boyd at least?

Reactions: PittPharm2002
yeah, faint praise (if im spelling and using that dumb cliche correctly). but reality is, pickens quitting mid game, other wrs dropping balls and a defense that couldnt make one stop was why we arent 4-1 and in sole place of leading the afc north, not fields..

we have one of the highest paid safeties in the league who hasnt forced a turnover since 2022. queen has been a dissapointment too. we have big issues and fields isnt one of them..
Agree 100%. Fields nor anyone they plug in at this point in time or in the past few years, including the HOF BR, is not the problem.

THe problem begins at the top with Mediocre Mike and his antiquated philosophy and awful coordinator hires. Despite always talking about living in his fears, his entire approach is based on fearing mistakes associated with being aggressive.

Im not sure Fitz lack of production is his fault in as much as how they use him. Seems they use him more as the last line of defense than to make plays. I believe even Collins pointed that out in the game as Fitz is generally lined up 15-20 yards off the ball.

i was fine getting rid of him but i never thought in a million years that Khan wouldnt add someone legit. im not even talking about an Ayiuk but someone better than freaking jefferson and scottie miller. just an absolute failure by this organization.

How much better would we be now with Boyd at least?
Is it possible that no decent receiver wanted to play for a Mike Tomlin offense?????
1000_F_501527801_n1lgh5mGzveJOcqEnyyWj8jXlWVgFFg3.jpg

As an aside, the Great Kahn Job wasted a Pick on Washington who is a OT playing TE. Another wasted draft pick on that side of the ball.

As an aside, the Great Kahn Job wasted a Pick on Washington who is a OT playing TE. Another wasted draft pick on that side of the ball.
Mt washington usage is frustrating. Arthur Smith said last week that he's the most physically gifted Tight End he's ever coached. That's saying a lot, even if hyperbolic. (dont call me out if that's not a word)..

and then he gets one target against INdy, looks like a track star and havent heard his name since..

Reactions: pittbb80

IMHO, the problem with Dionte was that he would've been a nice #2 receiver, but he insisted on being paid like a #1,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT