ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Fields is BACK and going to lead the Steelers to the promised land!

After this, I'll strive to never mention KP again for the rest of my life.
You conveniently ignore the conspiracy theories that the Steelers did KP dirty, ran him out of town, and tarnished his reputation and good name.
But I get it. It's a Pitt message board and Pitt students come from many places, not all Pittsburghers or Steeler fans.
I get the Rooney hate. I get the Tomlin hate. I get the penis envy for them in this town as compared to Pitt.
So, if I ever mention KP again, may I be struck with lightning!
(Unless of course if he does make something of himself in the NFL, then I'll be extremely happy for him.)
Again…those people crying about all those things still aren’t saying Kenny was God and a flowering superstar only being held back by the evil Steelers.

But in any event…hi hope you weren’t near Acrisure last night.

GZTKAJIXYAAaV_T

Reactions: pittdan77
Again…those people crying about all those things still aren’t saying Kenny was God and a flowering superstar only being held back by the evil Steelers.

But in any event…hi hope you weren’t near Acrisure last night.

GZTKAJIXYAAaV_T
How did your patio view party go?
Some seriously bad timing there.
I did stay up and watch to the bitter end though. Part of the reason I'm so grumpy today!

C
How did your patio view party go?
Some seriously bad timing there.
I did stay up and watch to the bitter end though. Part of the reason I'm so grumpy today!
Came inside and then went back out. It moved through my areas quickly.

Btw…I love this. I tend to agree here. The steeler offense is the “flip phone” of the NFL and it’s not Arthur Smith’s fault.

C

Came inside and then went back out. It moved through my areas quickly.

Btw…I love this. I tend to agree here. The steeler offense is the “flip phone” of the NFL and it’s not Arthur Smith’s fault.

Hard to argue with any of that, except the Defense had many opportunities to stop Dallas on several 3rd and longs, and failed each and every time when the game was on the line.
It was there for the taking, by the defense in the final 3 minutes. Notwithstanding a horrible night by the offense.

No pressure on Prescott, and allowing gashing runs time after time. That is their calling card on D, and it wasn't there last night.
Now see if it was a one off or a trend the rest of the way.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
You did. But you’re often incoherent and/or vague, so who knows what was going on in that mind of yours. You said Pickens didn’t drop the TD, as Fields put the ball in a spot that made Pickens fully extend and almost get killed…which is fiction. It’s your passive aggressive way at blaming the QB for the receivers butter fingers.
How is that blaming fields ?
Whoops
You’re a weirdos who are inventing nonsense to tell fake stories /

They desperately need another quality WR. They have needed this all season.
Pickens has talent, but his head can't handle the spotlight of being a #1.

A lot of WR's have this affliction. If this team had another threat on the outside, there could be more balance to the offense, and the middle could open up for a run game.
There, you desperately need Warren back as your change of pace back.

Also where is this Arthur Smith loves to use the TE's?? I guess last night he used Heyward, and Friermuth on the shovel pass, but nothing over the middle of the field.

It is still too early for me to write them off. Cleveland is in a tailspin, Cincy can't get out of their own way, and the Steelers always play Lamar tough. But moves need to be made to fix this roster.
It's not too early to write them off.

That Cleveland is one of the worst teams in the entire league has nothing to do with Pittsburgh's ultimate fate. Maybe it will help continue the deception of so many smooth brained Yinzers in Western PA who are happy with their 9-8 morphine drip and memories of relevance, but Cleveland's existence won't make Pittsburgh a better team. The end result will be the same: no playoff wins, no championships.

Reactions: 303vND
IDK, don't follow da'Bears.
So your position is players can't improve or reinvent themselves?

Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield say Hold my beer!
He can improve
It’s also factual that he’s played 45 games so far in his career and has 43 fumbles .
he’s 5/5 this season so far .
He’s only lost 1 so far in 5 games - so based on career averages he’ll lose 2 more this season .
All while averaging under well under 200 yards passing .

He wont be on the roster next yearn

Lol. You’re too much. Just as I expected.

How is it not?
Well as I said in that very thread - fields put the ball high so it would either be a TD or incomplete.
That’s just the reality of that throw /
It would have been a helluva catch in traffic /
But yes - you’ve decided since last year he’s a problem- so your affirmation bias is constant .

On open question for the Pickens sucks crew ?
If not George - who is the most talented player on offense ?

He’s literally the only weapon capable of making big plays

That’s like being the tallest person in a room full of midgets But no doubt he’s capable of making the occasional circus catch along the sidelines

But the dude is incredibly inconsistent His route running is awful which is why they rarely throw the ball to him anywhere near the middle of the field. It’s almost like excluding deep down the sidelines

He’d be a good complimentary number 2 but he’s clearly not a no 1. The problem with that is he thinks he’s a number 1 so he’d never be happy in that role. Hes a cancer

Last edited:
He can improve
It’s also factual that he’s played 45 games so far in his career and has 43 fumbles .
he’s 5/5 this season so far .
He’s only lost 1 so far in 5 games - so based on career averages he’ll lose 2 more this season .
All while averaging under well under 200 yards passing .

He wont be on the roster next yearn
did Baker Mayfield reinvent himself? I really never thought he was bad in the first place, actually thought he was pretty good. Glad browns got rid of him for watson to be honest, cause it was a terrible move..

Great example with Darnold though.

Pickens is talented but has a 5 cent head, which is where the frustration comes from stiller fans. if he sucked, no one would talk about him (see Van Jefferson) but him making one great play then giving up for the rest of the game and dissapearing is why he gets mocked by steeler nation..

George is the most talented player on the offense. Well, he’s the Justin Fields of the WR room. He’s underachieving, some by his own doing and some obviously due to the inadequacies all around him. I don’t think he stinks, but I do think he let last years QB down. People want to blame Kenny and a lot of it is fair, but George’s talents were way overblown.

did Baker Mayfield reinvent himself? I really never thought he was bad in the first place, actually thought he was pretty good. Glad browns got rid of him for watson to be honest, cause it was a terrible move..

Pickens is talented but has a 5 cent head, which is where the frustration comes from stiller fans. if he sucked, no one would talk about him (see Van Jefferson) but him making one great play then giving up for the rest of the game and dissapearing is why he gets mocked by steeler nation..
Watson’s contract has to be the worst in the history of sports

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
George is the most talented player on the offense. Well, he’s the Justin Fields of the WR room. He’s underachieving, some by his own doing and some obviously due to the inadequacies all around him. I don’t think he stinks, but I do think he let last years QB down. People want to blame Kenny and a lot of it is fair, but George’s talents were way overblown.
1,114p yards , 18 yards per reception, and 5 TDs
22 receptions over 20’yards and 5 TDs in his second year -
But he let Pickett down ?
That’s nonseneen
He had 400 more yards receiving than Dionte and over 800 more yards than Muth

Baker was always a baller
He played injured his contract year in Cleveland which hurt his stats - but remains the only Browns qb in decades to win a playoff game .

1,114p yards , 18 yards per reception, and 5 TDs
22 receptions over 20’yards and 5 TDs in his second year -
But he let Pickett down ?
That’s nonseneen
He had 400 more yards receiving than Dionte and over 800 more yards than Muth
When you don’t run routes consistently and the defenses can telegraph the offense based on what George did at the LOS, you’re letting the offense down. And when you can’t run effective routes when you do decide to put forth effort, you’re not helping your QB. He had 40% of the targets of the #1 receivers people like you like to compare him to, and thus only had 63 catches. He ain’t what you think he is.

When you don’t run routes consistently and the defenses can telegraph the offense based on what George did at the LOS, you’re letting the offense down. And when you can’t run effective routes when you do decide to put forth effort, you’re not helping your QB. He had 40% of the targets of the #1 receivers people like you like to compare him to, and thus only had 63 catches. He ain’t what you think he is.

I think he’s way more productive than anyone else on the offense for a very chrwp
Salary .
His 63 receptions also led the team , 12 more than Dionte the supposed #1 receiver .

Again he makes less than $1.7mil a season .
And he’s the only legit offensive talent on the team

I know exactly what he is .
You seem confused about what he is .

That Cleveland is one of the worst teams in the entire league has nothing to do with Pittsburgh's ultimate fate. Maybe it will help continue the deception of so many smooth brained Yinzers in Western PA who are happy with their 9-8 morphine drip and memories of relevance, but Cleveland's existence won't make Pittsburgh a better team. The end result will be the same: no playoff wins, no championships.
That may be the most beautiful collection of words ever put together on this board.

Watson’s contract has to be the worst in the history of sports
browns had a qb they could win with with Baker. yeah, they would have had to pay him a nice extension but still would have been much less than Watson's without having to give anything away for it.

and he was proven to play thru injuries, seems like a good guy who the fans liked. extend him, with that defense the browns have, they'd be in pretty good shape.

oh well, couldnt have happened to a better organization.

I think he’s way more productive than anyone else on the offense for a very chrwp
Salary .
His 63 receptions also led the team , 12 more than Dionte the supposed #1 receiver .

he's a head case who on a decent team on a rookie contract, is a mid level WR2 and now he's a guy who is only getting under 20 snaps in a game for undisclosed reasons. let me give you a hint, it's not injury related..

he's martavis bryant who can pass a drug test.

Reactions: pittbb80
Salary .

Since you know who he is better than anyone, which of these routes from last night are your favorite? Mine is the one where he lets the ball sail through his arms( like he did in the end zone last week and) and then Tomlin throws his arms in the air. Or maybe it’s the one around the 1:30 mark where it looks like they called his number across the middle of the field but he’s running at half speed…like he did all game…and large chunks of last season.

Game changer right here…it’s when Tomlin threw his hands in the air. He knew how significant it was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT