ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Pickett

may be good in time but he’s not ready for prime time now

He’s not that accurate and doesn’t see the field well. He can only throw to the sideline. If your QB is unwilling to throw down the middle of the field your offense is limited

It’s not all on Pickett. Our receivers are dreadful. Missed catches, no separation, wrong routes

He’s not that accurate and doesn’t see the field well. He can only throw to the sideline. If your QB is unwilling to throw down the middle of the field your offense is limited

He is good enough. We have MAC WR's. As I said before the season, the worst WR core since Majors II and maybe ever

He isn’t very good. I’m glad we have someone that can tuck it and run but that’s about all he’s good at.

First target is covered and then he’s looking to scramble. He doesn’t have much pocket awareness and lacks the experience to properly evaluate defenses before the snap.

He’s never going to be a qb that can win the division.

He isn’t very good. I’m glad we have someone that can tuck it and run but that’s about all he’s good at.

First target is covered and then he’s looking to scramble. He doesn’t have much pocket awareness and lacks the experience to properly evaluate defenses before the snap.

He’s never going to be a qb that can win the division.

Nailed it. He can’t throw down the middle and doesncheck down. Stairs down his receivers

He's terrible. Hopefully he improves more than he has to this point. In time he can become a decent ACC QB.

I never got all the Pickett hype this offseason. What has he done to deserve it? Even in the Miami win the team only scored 24 points and he threw for under 200 yards. He’s a scrambler with a weak arm who seems to be afraid or incapable of throwing deep.

George Jr didnt pick Pitt because he wanted to sit behind a sophmore stud starter....just sayin

Just run a “panther” offense.
Hall, Olly, Aston in the backfield and they take turns handling the snap

Pitt Qb’s have been paralyzed by the fear of interception during Narduzzi’s tenure causing hesitation throwing disease, the Cornerbacks are beat from the get go since they play so far off the line of scrimmage and don’t jam. PSU exploited that. Tight ends are for the most part are now forgotten. We do have very good running backs with the potential to exploit many different looks. O line is inconsistent with limited capability to protect the pocket. A rolling pocket with George Aston more as an Hback with a series of option plays, like the one he scored on today could give the QB more confidence and passing and running options. Salem Brightwell has to be on the field, must fix second half Performance total failure.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
I never got all the Pickett hype this offseason. What has he done to deserve it? Even in the Miami win the team only scored 24 points and he threw for under 200 yards. He’s a scrambler with a weak arm who seems to be afraid or incapable of throwing deep.
Hope. We wanted it to be true.

Doesn’t seem true at all.

People were a bit carried away with expectations for Pickett after playing only 7 quarters last year. Things to remember:
1. He’s a true Sophomore and sometimes won’t use his head.
2. No right handed QB is accurate rolling to his left. Throwing on the run period is hard.
3. He’s playing on a team with a lot of holes/deficiencies.
His Junior and Senior years prob won’t be bad, but the team as a whole, and the offensive play calling, won’t help him.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
People were a bit carried away with expectations for Pickett after playing only 7 quarters last year. Things to remember:
1. He’s a true Sophomore and sometimes won’t use his head.
2. No right handed QB is accurate rolling to his left. Throwing on the run period is hard.
3. He’s playing on a team with a lot of holes/deficiencies.
His Junior and Senior years prob won’t be bad, but the team as a whole, and the offensive play calling, won’t help him.

2) Except Big Ben, so a lot of people expect that a developing college QB will too. Isn’t necessarily the case.

QB is not very good and OC is not much better.

I was wishing we had NC QB with the no hesitation throws he was making.

Pickett is obviously a work in progress and the WRs are a work in progress. There's talent there just not enough to make up for inexperience.

Sure they could have been better; especially Pickett early on but the QB and WRs were not the issue today. All of that said, they do lack an identity.

Put the blame where it belongs today- special teams and defense.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
Said it last game, i’ll say it again. He’s playing like he’s still in high school and waiting for the wr to be OPEN before he throws the ball. He needs to be able to throw to spots, throw before a wr makes their break etc.

He’ll get better over time. He’s going to have a lot of egg on his face unless he finds a way to win 4 more. I think he read his press clippings and this board too much. Eat some humble pie and get to work kid.

But didn't people on this board say he was better than McSorely?

Put the blame where it belongs today- special teams and defense.
Why does Ffrench run so tentatively on KOs now, looks like he catches the ball, then slowly runs forward, trying to look for a hole. Isn't it better to run fast once you catch it and then look for the holes. Won't mention the fumble..........oops

But didn't people on this board say he was better than McSorely?
They started a thread here and actually argued over KP being the best QB at Pitt since fill in the blank.
After 2 starts

Let that sink in.

Reactions: pbrad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT