ADVERTISEMENT

Kwantel Raines

Absolutely! The kid is a smart kid, if he flips it will be to Pitt for our defensive coaching and superior school.

Just ridiculous someone knocks his grades. I think it was strictly a Tony Gibson thing, hopefully Raines is sure he picks the SCHOOL he wants and not the coach, since coaches come and go. I hope he goes to Pitt, but if not, cant fault Narduzzi, we have done everything, just like the midget kid last year. Our facilities are great now, and we present well. If we lose out on some, it is merely because a kid wants to get away or parents are just huge fans of another school.

Reactions: Jpripper88
Devonshire, an Aliquippa Junior, was better than Raines! Ohio State just offered him. Good chance if Raines flips, Devonshire will follow in a year!

Reactions: KanePA
had to have helped that he was there today with some local guys who were committed and got to see a big win. Hopefully this win leads to recruits like the 13-9 win did.

Just ridiculous someone knocks his grades. I think it was strictly a Tony Gibson thing, hopefully Raines is sure he picks the SCHOOL he wants and not the coach, since coaches come and go. I hope he goes to Pitt, but if not, cant fault Narduzzi, we have done everything, just like the midget kid last year. Our facilities are great now, and we present well. If we lose out on some, it is merely because a kid wants to get away or parents are just huge fans of another school.

The one who knocked his grades is the same fool who repeats lies he hears on PSU'S site about Tony Dorsett.

F'in idiot PSU fan.

Reactions: quip
That’s an interesting angle. lol Pay for Rivals premium access. Peak would appreciate it and you’d have credible and accurate information. Remember, he told the media at his announcement that he isn’t from, nor does he live in Pittsburgh.

Well he’s wrong, and so are you.

I'm also worried about Raines flipping from Wvu but not to Pitt.The word down here is Psu "might" be interested in him again.Seems more players will be leaving their program than originally though and they have a couple open scholarships to offer.
Good for him if he flips. He can come back to Heinz as a nit next year and watch Pitt kick their asses.

I saw Kwantel caddy-corner from the North side of the stadium waiting for the traffic cop to give us the all clear to cross over to the stadium.
I flat out asked him if WVU was a done deal & he said no. But I think he was just being polite & agreeable to an obvious Pitt fan(myself).
In any case he could not have been a nicer, more respectable & polite young man.
Today could not have been a better day for Coach Duzz, Staff & Program to get back into the picture.....Great day for Pitt football the whole way around......H2 PITT !!!

I know he is pretty solid on WVU, but as long as he comes around, as they say in the movies , so there is a chance!

He is anything but "pretty solid" on WVU. If he was, he'd obviously sign in Dec which he isn't.

He might go to WVU, but they are only the "leader" at this point

Reactions: wbrpanther
I saw Kwantel caddy-corner from the North side of the stadium waiting for the traffic cop to give us the all clear to cross over to the stadium.
I flat out asked him if WVU was a done deal & he said no. But I think he was just being polite & agreeable to an obvious Pitt fan(myself).
In any case he could not have been a nicer, more respectable & polite young man.
Today could not have been a better day for Coach Duzz, Staff & Program to get back into the picture.....Great day for Pitt football the whole way around......H2 PITT !!!

Did you see the video of his announcement? He was very uncomfortable and it couldn’t end fast enough. He immediately took off the wvu hat. He’s a shy and great kid. No matter where he goes, i wish him great success....hopefully as a Panther.

He's on PSU's board, but at No 4 or 5. D Line is priority. After Young committed, he lost that spot, at least for now.

One game doesn't make a commitment flip,just ask James after he beat Ohio State last year and Narduzzi after he beat Psu.I think Raines stays true to Wvu but I think Psu makes a strong run for him.Psu has championships and a high recruiting class to entice him that Wvu and Pitt doesn't have.Although Holgy has a way better class than I thought he'd have for 2018.

Shayne Hale was either committed to WVU or was a WVU lock until 13-9. One game doesn't. change a mind too often but if there are any subtle doubts a big win (or loss) can bring clarity. A big WVU loss could make it interesting.

I am not saying we don't have a shot here to flip him, just saying he likes WVU a lot , but he also like Pitt as well, and I believe he wants to stay close to home, if he believes this program can win. Yesterday only helped our cause.

Shayne Hale was either committed to WVU or was a WVU lock until 13-9. One game doesn't. change a mind too often but if there are any subtle doubts a big win (or loss) can bring clarity. A big WVU loss could make it interesting.

I think it was Cam Saddler lock to wvu and Shayne Hale lock to Virginia. I remember driving home from work and I got a call from Gattusso’s nephew who I went to school with saying they both flipped to Pitt. Granted neither of them lived up to their 4* ranking, but it meant a TON to recruiting.

I think it was Cam Saddler lock to wvu and Shayne Hale lock to Virginia. I remember driving home from work and I got a call from Gattusso’s nephew who I went to school with saying they both flipped to Pitt. Granted neither of them lived up to their 4* ranking, but it meant a TON to recruiting.

They were both hurt most their careers at Pitt actually

You're probably right sarge. Saddler may not have lived up to his hype but he was helpful in landing some recruits while he was here!

Reactions: bwh05
WVU down 45-10 at half to Oklahoma... I hope Raines is watching and comparing what he saw yesterday...

Psu has championships...

27 seasons in the B10 and they have 4 championships. One... the convicted pedophile was roaming the sidelines. Two of them... the AD and President of the university currently serving prison sentences were employed.

So... in essence... PSU has ONE championship where pedophilia was not involved in some manner. Is that the selling point to recruits nowadays?

Reactions: quip and Pitt MD

Wanny also later told a story about how Jon Baldwin called up shortly after that game and said “we did it coach” thus solidifying his commitment.

Wanny also later told a story about how Jon Baldwin called up shortly after that game and said “we did it coach” thus solidifying his commitment.

Yes I remember that also. At the time Wannstedt did mention a call from a recruit but of course couldn't name him.

Then like you I remember Wanny finally fessing up.

If he’s academically qualified for Harvard, WVU should be the last place he wants to go.

Sorry, folks, but can someone point me to a real link that shows Raines has a Harvard offer? Neither Rivals nor 247 lists one.

I just don't see what the fuss is over this kid. Have any of you seen him play? He doesn't really stand out playing high school football in 3A which is not high level. His measureables are pretty decent, but, his instincts are lacking. He will be fine down in Morgantown. I really think he is waiting for his hero Milk-dud to open a ship up for him, but so far, no dice. I don't think the old dud really wants him, because that will make two overated secondary players from the WPIAL in two years, that he has to find a position for, or just waste the ship while they warm the pine.

I'm also worried about Raines flipping from Wvu but not to Pitt.The word down here is Psu "might" be interested in him again.Seems more players will be leaving their program than originally though and they have a couple open scholarships to offer.

I think he is a good player but he is not a take for Penn State. They have other fish to pursue and he is not high enough on their board. Not a slam on the kid and wish he would of chose Pitt. Just stating some information that was told to me from someone pretty much in the know at PSU

Ivy League schools don't give "athletic" scholarship offers, but they clearly get around that label very nicely. Any of you who don't think so, are dolts. I've got a neighbor who played at Harvard, and he'd be glad to give you a nice lecture about how that system works.

But now that we've determined that Raines doesn't have an offer from Harvard, we can probably also assume that the claim of that GPA in the other post was also nonsense, since the Harvard "offer" was in the same post.

Here's a list of all of Harvard's offers for 2017:

https://harvard.247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/Offers

And please, spare me the claim that the scholarship offer from Harvard was academic. Unless the kid is a true academic superstar, it is way way too early for him to have received one. And his school district is hardly an academic leader. I swear, sometimes I wish I had access to the drugs that some of you have.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT