ADVERTISEMENT

Leaving before bowl game

I’m still in the school of a free education including books tutors. Free room and board, including training table food. Free athletic training assistance including strength and condition coaches. Some of the best healthcare money could buy. Plus many unknown other perks.
Do I think they should be paid a small salary? Probably. Would have killed to have those benefits when I was at Pitt.
But the millions in free agency? Just let them be one and done and go pro earlier.
This (NIL + unlimited mobility) has been the result of the NCAA (which after all is representing the member schools) loathing the thought of lawsuits or government action requiring schools to recognize unionization and pay salaries to players directly. As ridiculous and chaotic as it is, schools (at least, the majority that aren’t the perennial biggest football schools) desperately want to avoid that requirement (and I certainly can understand that, but it’s made a farce of the sport already, and we’re only just getting started).

This (NIL + unlimited mobility) has been the result of the NCAA (which after all is representing the member schools) loathing the thought of lawsuits or government action requiring schools to recognize unionization and pay salaries to players directly. As ridiculous and chaotic as it is, schools (at least, the majority that aren’t the perennial biggest football schools) desperately want to avoid that requirement (and I certainly can understand that, but it’s made a farce of the sport already, and we’re only just getting started).

Yea, as sad as it is, the NCAA has decided they'll just allow boosters to pay the players in an extremely "anything goes" fashion so that they won't be required to do so.

I understand that but it is a reasonable rule to not open up a transfer portal until the season is complete. Should they open up the Basketball transfer portal on March 1? That makes no sense. If you want to transfer, that's great. But you cannot be contacted until the season is over.
Is it same for coaches who are actually getting paid ?!?

I’m still in the school of a free education including books tutors. Free room and board, including training table food. Free athletic training assistance including strength and condition coaches. Some of the best healthcare money could buy. Plus many unknown other perks.
Do I think they should be paid a small salary? Probably. Would have killed to have those benefits when I was at Pitt.
But the millions in free agency? Just let them be one and done and go pro earlier.
How about actual salary and health care benefits ?
Because their “healthcare “ goes away with their scholarship
Otherwise it’s student health like everyone else

Coaches should also not be allowed to leave schools (unless fired) until after the season.
Disagree Dragons Den GIF by CBC

I also don't understand leaving before the Bowl game.

Play the Bowl Game (win/put up good stats) showcase yourself on a national stage and then go to the Portal.

The Portal remains open until January 18, 2023.

Lets go Patti

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

I also don't understand leaving before the Bowl game.

Play the Bowl Game (win/put up good stats) showcase yourself on a national stage and then go to the Portal.

The Portal remains open until January 18, 2023.

Lets go Patti

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
You're forgetting about the whole "wanting to sign with a school and get registered for the winter semester asap" aspect of hitting the portal early. Also its not 1972 with only 15 bowl games and limited tv appearances for schools, bowl games aren't showcases anymore they're filling time for ESPN.

Reactions: pittdan77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT