ADVERTISEMENT

Lindy’s College Football Preview

rayrayH2P

Freshman
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2020
I was at Wegman’s today and noticed that the CF preview magazine was out. Took a moment to glance thru it. Notice to everyone…don’t waste your time!!! They have our beloved Panthers ACC preseason number 10. Said that we lost too much talent and we no longer have the “cozy coastal” to help us reach the ACC championship game. 🤡🤮🤦‍♂️

Let me guess a Nit is also on the cover?
These mags need to sell to their base. The bigger football schools with many more fans will buy a lot more magazines, but only if the magazine blows smoke at them. We have a small fanbase so it’s safe to dis us. It’s similar to why the Pgh media screws us.

Reactions: Farnox
These mags need to sell to their base. The bigger football schools with many more fans will buy a lot more magazines, but only if the magazine blows smoke at them. We have a small fanbase so it’s safe to dis us. It’s similar to why the Pgh media screws us.
I think this is one of those magazines that has different covers for different regions like Athlon. It's just for pure profit like your saying, but they take it a step further.

Reactions: pittdan77
I’m down here in Virginia Beach for vaca and this particular cover had UNC, VT and WVU on the cover.

I think this is one of those magazines that has different covers for different regions like Athlon. It's just for pure profit like your saying, but they take it a step further.
A lot of magazines had different versions of themselves. SI used to do this a lot. Not necessarily the cover art but there might have been internal pieces that had more local interest. These pre-season sports magazines have been doing this for along time.

Reactions: mlvnsmly
Always hated Lindys, even back in the day when magazines were relevant. I was more of a Street & Smiths guy back in the day. I used to like Phil Steele, but in recent years it has become a more quantity vs quality type of publication.

Phil Steele’s is still good.

He just introduced analytics and “The Book” to a lot of readers.

And then some of those readers went on to be actual stat nerds that do the analytics even better than him.

Almost like Bill James in baseball.

But Steele and Bill Connelly and preview musts.

And I really like Pick Six Preview. I’ve bought it the last 2 seasons and it’s probably about as accurate as you can get, with a lot of analytics going into previewing each team.

Once again, we'll have to start unrecognized by the media; and earn everything on the field.

Phil Steele’s preview is out on the shelves. He is VERY high on Pitt again and has them #3 in the ACC. He’s high on the Jurkovec/Cignetti connection.

Reactions: imrealangry
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT