ADVERTISEMENT

LINE QUESTON

oldpantherfan

Freshman
Sep 26, 2013
First off I like Narduzzi and where he is going with Pitt.
With that said this is a question of curiosity.
With a new running back and inexperienced QB starting doesn't it make more sense to keep Hodges at guard or tackle and move Officer back to center than to start a walk on (Morrissey) or a inexperienced player (Dintino ) at center ?
With that line up everyone will be experienced with (or close to) double digit starts except Jones-Smith.

First off I like Narduzzi and where he is going with Pitt.
With that said this is a question of curiosity.
With a new running back and inexperienced QB starting doesn't it make more sense to keep Hodges at guard or tackle and move Officer back to center than to start a walk on (Morrissey) or a inexperienced player (Dintino ) at center ?
With that line up everyone will be experienced with (or close to) double digit starts except Jones-Smith.
That is probably what is going to happen. Having Hodges as a do all lineman will give Pitt more options and I am confident they will put the 5 guys on the field that gives them the best chance.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
They have been working with Officer at guard and Morrissey at center since Spring. So from that standpoint, they have consistency at 4 of 5 positions. Officer can play center, but then you also have 2 question marks at guard and RT. It sounds like Hodges has acquitted himself well, but he also came into the fold relatively late, so the staff didn't work him into the plan. Even if they had, it was no guarantee that he would perform well, so they aren't just going to shift their lineup and hand a spot to a kid because Texas.

It also looks like Hodges played RT last year at UT, so that makes even more sense.

They still might move him inside, but it depends on whether JJS takes a big step forward.

Last edited:
They have been working with Officer at guard and Morrissey at center since Spring. So from that standpoint, they have consistency at 4 of 5 positions. Officer can play center, but then you also have 2 question marks at guard and RT. It sounds like Hodges has acquitted himself well, but he also came into the fold relatively late, so the staff didn't work him into the plan. Even if they had, it was no guarantee that he would perform well, so they aren't just going to shift their lineup and hand a spot to a kid because Texas.

It also looks like Hodges played RT last year at UT, so that makes even more sense.

They still might move him inside, but it depends on whether JJS takes a big step forward.
Would it be possible to move the Texas kid to DT?
That's a position in need of a few good men!
But I do know OT's/OG's are different animals from DT's.

Good question. Unless he's in much better shape, I would strongly prefer they keep officer at Center. He was not good as a guard. ONeill, Bookser, Officer, Hodges, and JJS from left to right would seem to be the best Line.

Really depends on how the centers are looking. I do recall that Dintino had a penalty and a bad snap on consecutive plays in the spring game - but that's a long time ago and Dintino looks like he'd be quite the bulldog at center or guard...

You always have to worry about the ability to snap for the shotgun when these guys have a big-time DT in their face...

I like the new transfer and O'Neill at the OT positions and the rest of them fight it out for the guard and center spots.

Go Pitt.

Your repeating what i already said. I said earlier there is a zero chance he gets moved from OL to DL. Then you quote my post and saying other schools were after him. That had nothing to do with what i said.

I am merely pointing out that other schools wanted Hodges for the OL. He is a good OL ( again other schools wanted him) and that is where he will play.

Your repeating what i already said. I said earlier there is a zero chance he gets moved from OL to DL. Then you quote my post and saying other schools were after him. That had nothing to do with what i said.

Don't blame Frisbee I was the "dumb as-" that asked the question about moving the guy to the DL if our OL was solid without him!

Why waste talent! I'm a use your key resources kind of guy anyway you can!

I was worried about the loss of Taleni and my favorate DL immovable object from last season the "Death Star" Tyrique Jarrett.

But I agree we're good on both fronts!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT