ADVERTISEMENT

List of celebrities at game

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
So basically NFL guys, former Pitt players, and locally famous people.

I'll start the list

James Conner
Dave Wannstedt
Kenny Pickett
Pat Freiermuth
Pittsburgh Dad

Someone on the other board said Jamie Dixon was there.

I'll start the list

James Conner
Dave Wannstedt
Kenny Pickett
Pat Freiermuth
Pittsburgh Dad

Does Darin Morningstar count? And do his sideburns count too?

Me too. Pederson was just incompetent. Barnes was a criminal. I still believe he should have been investigated over the Stallings deal.
Let's be honest here... Behind the scenes, Barnes and Jamie are probably on very good terms. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING about that deal was worked out to favor Jamie Dixon and what was in the best interest in his career. The whole process was probably initiated from Jamie's representation.

Let's be honest here... Behind the scenes, Barnes and Jamie are probably on very good terms. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING about that deal was worked out to favor Jamie Dixon and what was in the best interest in his career. The whole process was probably initiated from Jamie's representation.

I know you think some really strange things, but even you can't believe that one.

I mean no one can really be that dumb, right?

I know you think some really strange things, but even you can't believe that one.

I mean no one can really be that dumb, right?
How do you figure?

Do you honestly thing Dixon was going to survive at Pitt after 2017-18? Jamie Dixon is making out like a bandit for a coach averaging 1 NCAA tourney win every 5 years for the past decade.

How do you figure?

Do you honestly thing Dixon was going to survive at Pitt after 2017-18? Jamie Dixon is making out like a bandit for a coach averaging 1 NCAA tourney win every 5 years for the past decade.

Because some people understand that Dixon and Barnes didn't get along. And some people understand that everything didn't work out exactly the way that Dixon wanted it to, which you have been told by people who know a lot more about it than you do.

But none of that fits your narrative, so you have no interest in listening to people who know more than you.

Because some people understand that Dixon and Barnes didn't get along. And some people understand that everything didn't work out exactly the way that Dixon wanted it to, which you have been told by people who know a lot more about it than you do.

But none of that fits your narrative, so you have no interest in listening to people who know more than you.
Okay. Point taken.

But any observer of the game can tell you Jamie was a dead man walking at Pitt & TCU turned out to be a great lifeline. He gets paid very well and there isn't pressure to deliver at a high level.

Maybe Jamie can come back to the Tennessee game & he and Rick Barnes can exchange stories about NCAA tourney flame-outs. If Jamie isn't offended by the last name and isn't too intimidated sitting in the presence of a competent recruiter.

I know this is not the case.

I'll start the list

James Conner
Dave Wannstedt
Kenny Pickett
Pat Freiermuth
Pittsburgh Dad

Not counting him. Played too long ago. Was a good Pitt basketball player but nothing more.
He is far more of a celebrity then Pittsburgh Dad is.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
I know this is not the case.
Regardless, it's worked out well for him.
Jamie needs to be at a place that doesn't have very high expectations. Schools that appreciate.500 conference records and borderline tourney caliber teams are perfect fits for Jamie. After a career of almost 2 decades, that's obviously who he is and what he is most likely to produce.

Regardless, it's worked out well for him.
Jamie needs to be at a place that doesn't have very high expectations. Schools that appreciate.500 conference records and borderline tourney caliber teams are perfect fits for Jamie. After a career of almost 2 decades, that's obviously who he is and what he is most likely to produce.
TCU will be preseason top 15 this year which would be evidence this take does not hold much water.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT