ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of chatter FSU & CLEMSON to Big 12

That would be a comically bad ending for FSU and Clemson. Therefore, I’d love to see it happen.

That being said, zero percent chance FSU or Clemson leave the ACC for the freakin’ Big 12.

Last edited:
the BS rumor mill says fox will ante up another 15m for each school, on top of what they already pay. That sounds crazy to me..

There is a negative percent chance that FSU and Clemson will join the Big 12. This is so stupid, I wished these threads will be deleted. I cant even explain how ridiculous this is. There is a much better chance that FSU joins the NFL or the English Premier League than the Big 12. Its so so stupid. Please delete these threads.

Those schools are going to leave at some point. I’d rather try to stay in the ACC and backfill versus panic and join the Big 12.
Agreed. Stanford and Cal made it clear they aren’t joining the Big 12. UVA, UNC, Duke, GT, BC, and Cuse have some semblance of academics so would only join the Big 12 if they had no other choice.

You'd have to award them some comedy points for leaving a pregnant with your baby 3/10 only to go date her pregnant with someone else's baby 3/10 twin sister.

Yeah, it would be beyond self-sabotage to turn that offer down. Especially when you know UNC, UVA, and Miami would be on deck, because it would mean Clemson and FSU found a way out.
But where would UNC, UVA, and Miami go? If the Big 10/SEC doesn’t want Clemson/FSU, they surely aren’t going to want UNC/UVA/Miami.

But where would UNC, UVA, and Miami go? If the Big 10/SEC doesn’t want Clemson/FSU, they surely aren’t going to want UNC/UVA/Miami.

I'm just playing along with this silly hypothetical. In a vacuum, I think the BIG/SEC would absolutely take UNC/Miami. I also think they would take FSU and Clemson. So if the latter two found a way to break the GOR, I don't think they would big Big 12 bound.

Reactions: Pitt2009
I'm just playing along with this silly hypothetical. In a vacuum, I think the BIG/SEC would absolutely take UNC/Miami. I also think they would take FSU and Clemson. So if the latter two found a way to break the GOR, I don't think they would big Big 12 bound.

The main reason this FSU to the B12 rumor is ridiculous is because they would get a B10 invite less than a minute after they get out of their GOR. They don't really even need a B10 invite. They and UNC just need to tell the B10 they are coming. No invite needed.

I think UVA/UNC vote yes to WVU in 2011 if they could’ve also gotten the likes of schools like Texas Tech and Iowa State.
Why would the ACC have wanted the likes of schools like Texas Tech and Iowa State, though? Then or now?

There is a negative percent chance that FSU and Clemson will join the Big 12. This is so stupid, I wished these threads will be deleted. I cant even explain how ridiculous this is. There is a much better chance that FSU joins the NFL or the English Premier League than the Big 12. Its so so stupid. Please delete these threads.
The notion that you throw a temper tantrum every time these rumors start up would suggest we keep this thread alive until....like.....forever........

Reactions: NTOP and PittED2001
Don’t shoot the messenger: I have a buddy who told me that Brett Yormark met directly with Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and NC State at the Stonewall Resort in WVa today. He has been accurate on these types of things in the past. Nothing is happening right now, but there was a meeting.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Don’t shoot the messenger: I have a buddy who told me that Brett Yormark met directly with Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and NC State at the Stonewall Resort in WVa today. His source is trusted. Nothing is happening right now, but there was a meeting.

Can we at least shoot your buddy? The messenger's messenger, if you will.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Don’t shoot the messenger: I have a buddy who told me that Brett Yormark met directly with Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, and NC State at the Stonewall Resort in WVa today. He has been accurate on these types of things in the past. Nothing is happening right now, but there was a meeting.

I dont even doubt that. The Big 12 would LOVE to add ANYBODY. IUP, Slippery Rock, Gannon, doesn't matter. They'll take anybody. And if you are GT, Pitt, Duke, whoever, you take the meeting. You have to. It doesn't hurt anything.

I give Yormak credit. He ran circles around the P12 commish and now is trying to do the same to Jim Phillips. Is Jim Phillips as stupid as the P12 commissioner? Well, nobody is.

I couldn’t imagine FSU fans would be happy playing in the same conference as UCF (talk about a step down). But like Kevin Garnett said, “Anything is possible.”

Reactions: Clubhound
I couldn’t imagine FSU fans would be happy playing in the same conference as UCF (talk about a step down). But like Kevin Garnett said, “Anything is possible.”

FSU fans are some of the lowest forms of human life. I haven't seen their reaction to this but I would imagine they would be ecstatic to join the Big 12. These are extremely stupid people.

Its not that I dont think FSU would want to join the B12, they probably would. Its that they if they get out of the GOR, they have a guaranteed bid in the B10. 100% guaranteed. They added friggin Rutgers. Of course they are taking FSU. The SEC doesnt want FSU but may take them just to keep the B10 out of Florida

Ross Dellenger is the one who started the rumors by saying in a recorded interview that all 3 parties involved have had preliminary discussions. That link is in the Big XII vs ACC perception thread

If FSU and Clemson would leave, they will have to pay $$$$$ (GOR-10 years) to the ACC.

For FSU and Clemson to make money the Big 12 would have to compensate them the GOR ($$$$$) exit plus much more $$$$ to make it financially worth while for them to leave.

In the end they may not be going anywhere.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT