ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville athletics lost money/subsidized

Ad had taxes paid by university, two golf club memberships, 16 box seats for the Kentucky derby and 8 football and basketball tickets for life, and the lives of his wife and children in addition to salary.

I'll say again, remember when Jurich was God? Make him acc commish blah, blah blah. What a pos.

Louisville- like certain other schools - is a quasi professional athletic program using the title of “university”.

They are dirty in hoops and football and have been for a long time.

Amazing that someone like “Papa John” wants to continue to invest in them and have his business’s name associated with them.

Just about every big time coach , AD , chancellor/ president etc has a country club membership , housing allowances , time on private planes etc . Plus most are grossly overpaid , it’s just the way it is . (For now )

I'll say again, remember when Jurich was God? Make him acc commish blah, blah blah. What a pos.

He was only god to a few absolute morons that were bought into the UL BS hook, line, and sinker. UL's problems, ethically and institutionally, were pretty evident for anyone willing to look past the press release headlines. They sold out their school to try and build their university brand through athletics. There are no shortcuts to building real institutional quality and reputation. You can't have a lower reputation than UL does right now in higher education, and it is well deserved. Hopefully they'll clean out the rot unlike what other schools have been unwilling to do. Their interim president Postel seems to be setting the right tone, but the school has been an absolute mess.

And Pitt, the institution, continues to subsidize athletics to a higher level than Louisville despite having less varsity sports.

Last edited:
Reactions: gilligan 3
Ad had taxes paid by university, two golf club memberships, 16 box seats for the Kentucky derby and 8 football and basketball tickets for life, and the lives of his wife and children in addition to salary.
Wow! All of the above are for most people classified as taxable compensation.

This is going to be more interesting than HBO's Game of Thrones?

You can make numbers say whatever you want them to say by deciding which column you put it in .

Duke. Wake. NC. Virginia. Virginia Tech Georgia Tech Miami Pitt Syracuse Boston college. All good schools. Clemson maybe. Fla state and Louisville do not mess

Louisville- like certain other schools - is a quasi professional athletic program using the title of “university”.

They are dirty in hoops and football and have been for a long time.

Amazing that someone like “Papa John” wants to continue to invest in them and have his business’s name associated with them.
Why? I guess you could argue the stripper scandal could be detrimental, but nothing else is or would be. Plus, I'd guess less than 1% would remember that and 75%+ of those wouldn't have it affect their purchasing, at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT