ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville game thread

For what it's worth, down 9 with 4 minutes to go can be done.

It's would be completely unlikely in this game, but it can be done.

We can't have any more empty possessions. Can't miss any more FTs.

Need at least 2 points on every possessions from here on out.

I'm sure all the Robinson defenders will be on here later pumping up his great Assist to TO ratio. Like sherepower said, he has never been able to come through against these types of guards. He has done zilch.

He has had an awful game. Like literally every other player on the team.

This game ain't over. Foul onawanku....make that underhand beat you. If we were shooting our 80 percent at the line we would have the lead.

Reactions: PittPoker
Crazy thing is. - had we made our foul shots- we would be in this game-

We'd be four closer, yes.

Of course, Jamel missed two, but then followed up his own miss for a bucket so I don't know if you'd count that.

Crazy thing is. - had we made our foul shots- we would be in this game-

Nah. Its our completely contested off-balanced 2-pointers that are the problem! Not the only shots we get that are uncontested (FT line).

As bad as we played, if we make our FT like we normally do then this is a 4-5 point game right now.

This game ain't over. Foul onawanku....make that underhand beat you. If we were shooting our 80 percent at the line we would have the lead.

yeah good point. for as bad as we have played we must have left 10-12 points on misses from the line.

We'd be four closer, yes.

Of course, Jamel missed two, but then followed up his own miss for a bucket so I don't know if you'd count that.

We have 8 missed FTs tonight. 12-for-20.

Yes, Artis' put back replaced two of those misses. Not the other 6, though.

I'm thinking there are just some teams that you don't play well against. Period. Louisville is playing great defense but we haven't made many changes in our sets, done any ball screens, nothing. The Cards are even defending the free throw line better than anyone else has this yr

Reactions: American Male
As bad as we played, if we make our FT like we normally do then this is a 4-5 point game right now.
If we make our FGs like we usually do, and not turning it over like we usually don't, we're kicking their ass.

It always matters. You establish that you're going to play to the end, every night. Never quit.

They haven't really. They could have let this be a 20 point loss (or more), but kept things from getting terribly out of control.

So there's that.

Do we have any guys recruited on the horizon that can give us some height and actually play?

Bet $500 on Pitt +7

That money is down the drain with this pitiful performance.

We are 12-20 from the line. 80% would mean 4 more points.

We have 8 missed FTs tonight. 12-for-20.

Yes, Artis' put back replaced two of those misses. Not the other 6, though.
80% is 16-20, we got 2 on a put back, so we left 2 points on the table if you look at it like that, since we have 12.

CAN WE GET PAST 40 POINTS??? THAT'S THE THOUSAND DOLLAR QUESTION NOW!!!

If I'm rating the players that played the worst tonight, based on their play vs how they normally play:

1. Artis. The absolute worst he's played in 3 years.
2. Robinson. Did not get us into our offense at all.
3. Jeter. Woeful.
4. Smith. Invisible.
5. Jones. Turnover machine in the first half.
6. Maia. Did nothing.
7. Luther. Overmatched
8. Wilson. Overmatched.
9. Cam Johnson. Overmatched.
10. Young. Only guy who wasn't overwhelmed by the moment.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
I am one who thinks Robinson has been a good, solid player who will be missed next year. But when he is off his game, he REALLY stinks.

Reactions: The Sisco Kid
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT