ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola

I really enjoy watching them play. Krutwig is fun.

He will be one of the biggest names in the transfer market. I never understood how Loyola got such a stud C out of HS. While I'm sure he was lightly recruited, can we EVER hit on one of our lottery tickets. Im watching this Oral Roberts Big now who is also better than any C we've had in about a decade.

He will be one of the biggest names in the transfer market. I never understood how Loyola got such a stud C out of HS. While I'm sure he was lightly recruited, can we EVER hit on one of our lottery tickets. Im watching this Oral Roberts Big now who is also better than any C we've had in about a decade.

He had two offers. Unranked kid out of Algonquin, IL. Go figure.

Of course Oral Roberts has a better
Center than Pitt. I watched the
Atlantic 10 tourney last week and
those teams have better than we
do. St. Louis, VCU, St. Bonnies, and
yes, Duquesne too, ALL have better
Bigs.
What I'm thinking is if Capel can't
land an elite Center, there have to be
Atlantic 10 types that are far better
than Brown and Coulibaly. Two of
those types would make us a much
better team. Get them in here and
build on that. The elites need to see
some improvement here before
committing to Pitt.

Just my two cents.

Bigs.
committing to Pitt.

Just my two cents.
Agree with this.

Bigs.
committing to Pitt.

Just my two cents.

I went to every game of the A10T here a few years back and just about every team, if not every team had better Centers than we did. Its truly amazing we can't even land an A10 or high mid-major C. I mean I'll take a solid Horizon League or CAA Center. We can't even get that.

Bigs.
committing to Pitt.

Just my two cents.
ORU had a better C than tOSU too.

This team is fun to watch. Has it all; good shooters, great ball movement, and nice big men play. Does Porter Moser’s phone start to ring if he shows 2018 wasn’t a fluke?

I don’t expect Illinois to go away easily, though; should be a great game to begin the day.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
This team is fun to watch. Has it all; good shooters, great ball movement, and nice big men play. Does Porter Moser’s phone start to ring if he shows 2018 wasn’t a fluke?

I don’t expect Illinois to go away easily, though; should be a great game to begin the day.

Moser is now 52, not old to be sure, but if he’s going to make the move to a P6 program you’d think now would be the time to do so.

Moser is now 52, not old to be sure, but if he’s going to make the move to a P6 program you’d think now would be the time to do so.
DePaul seems like a natural fit and opening.

I hate to agree with SMF but what I wouldn’t give dor a bug like Krutwig. The kid hung with Michigan as a freshmen and is playing better against Kofi than Garza did.

I hate to agree with SMF but what I wouldn’t give dor a bug like Krutwig. The kid hung with Michigan as a freshmen and is playing better against Kofi than Garza did.

He really understands how to use his body underneath.

I’m happy for Loyola. I would not be surprised to see them end up in the Final 4.

Agreed. Nantz gave the requisite “no one saw this coming” speech multiple times, but in reality Loyola was only a 7 point underdog against a red hot Illinois team. Definitely a surprise the way they handled them but not a shock.

I did have Loyola +7 for an easy winner, but had a loser on Krutwig under 15.5. Had thought this would be a tough matchup for him and was obviously wrong about that.

Loyola isn't even a Cinderella this time. That team probably should have been a 4 or 5 seed.
According to KenPom, they were the 8th best team in the country. Before 2021, the lowest seed that the 8th best KenPom received was a 5 seed. Couple that with how they matched up individually with Illinois and it seems like they were definitely primed to pull off an upset.

According to KenPom, they were the 8th best team in the country. Before 2021, the lowest seed that the 8th best KenPom received was a 5 seed. Couple that with how they matched up individually with Illinois and it seems like they were definitely primed to pull off an upset.

I’m inclined to believe Bomani Jones’ theory that it was all set up specifically to capture the Chicago TV market for the early game.

I get why they focus on her but I hate that it takes attention away from a really good team that executes it’s sets perfectly.

If they want to do features on her before the game starts, hey, great, have at it. But during the game she should basically never be mentioned. And she shouldn't be on my television 15 times during the game. Unless she is their only fan. Which seems unlikely.

He’s not gonna transfer unless his coach leaves, and I don’t think he will. That team is a model of what college basketball used to be. Players that love the game, their school, their coach and each other, and a coach that feels exactly the same way. Why would the kid leave that situation?

Bigs.
committing to Pitt.

Just my two cents.

Good reasoning. There should be some bigs available that can help Pitt. And Pitt SHOULD be able to get somebody.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT