ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi is a lunatic

Basically he switched us with Wake on the bubble. We went from top team of Next Four Out to second team of First Four Out. Pitt has earned a minimum of a 10 seed. We are among the best 36 at large teams. Period

The guy isnt well. Here's my thing. We have Fox News and CNN openly trying to influence elections. Would it be so terrible if ESPN told Lunardi that he has to be more kind to ESPN business partners? He is influential. The committee members see him all week and he's going to kill us for our non-con, yet our regular SOS is going to skyrocket.

He has Pitt derangement syndrome - he’s worse than a partisan political commenter

Its what he is and it drives me crazy. We let the cable news outlets get away with it. But the ACC is literally, LITERALLY a business partner with ESPN and they let the St. Joseph's play by play guy influence the committee against the ACC.

ESPN needs to force him to "retire" and then hire a southern bracketologist to be favorable to their business partners, ACC and SEC

Basically he switched us with Wake on the bubble. We went from top team of Next Four Out to second team of First Four Out. Pitt has earned a minimum of a 10 seed. We are among the best 36 at large teams. Period
Let’s just hope he’s wrong. Truth be told, I’m afraid he’s right on the money. But let’s win tomorrow and make it a moot point!!

The sad part about Lunardi (and many of these other bracketologist turds) is they just don’t know basketball.

They hide behind metrics and other bogus, subjective nonsense. But they wouldn’t know a good basketball team if it played right in front of their face.

This shilling and advocating to try to get the mid major “Cinderellas” into the NCAAT is disgraceful. ESPN should really be ashamed of a 🤡 like Lunardi.

And I do wonder if the fact that ESPN has ZERO involvement with televising the NCAAT has something to do with that? 🤔

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Its what he is and it drives me crazy. We let the cable news outlets get away with it. But the ACC is literally, LITERALLY a business partner with ESPN and they let the St. Joseph's play by play guy influence the committee against the ACC.

ESPN needs to force him to "retire" and then hire a southern bracketologist to be favorable to their business partners, ACC and SEC
But you know as well as I that he has us just about wherever all brackets do … maybe a spot or two lower. Let’s just win tomorrow!!

Let’s just hope he’s wrong. Truth be told, I’m afraid he’s right on the money. But let’s win tomorrow and make it a moot point!!

That's the problem with how they choose NCAAT teams now. Pitt right now is a tournament team, but the metrics nuts who don't know basketball and only know computers have us out because few of them have even watched us play the past half of the season.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
I thought it was good that Bilas stated that Pitt IS a tournament team in the post game show not withstanding the non-conference schedule.
The OOC schedule is not helpful and I would say the bad losses to Missouri, Wake (because of point spread) and not beating Syracuse once or Clemson are what they are looking at. But you think to the contrary, the amount of road and neutral wins would sort of cancel those bad things out. If Pitt gets in without winning the ACC Tournament, I think it is the road wins that will get them in. I think that is hard to overlook.

That's the problem with how they choose NCAAT teams now. Pitt right now is a tournament team, but the metrics nuts who don't know basketball and only know computers have us out because few of them have even watched us play the past half of the season.
That is the problem… we can blame Lunardi for parroting how the field is selected.

Why would you think that? He's one of the worst at what he does? My only fear is he is getting in the heads of the idiot ADs who dont watch games

Im confident we will be in Palms's bracket come tomorrow. We were the last team out going into todays game.

Seton Hall got blown out of the gym.

Colorado, New Mexico, and Virginia still to play.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
He said exactly that before the game. That is was a "play out" game, not a "play in" game. He cited his basis for that and said that the winner of the game, whether it be Pitt or Wake, would likely still need some help from some other bubblish teams losing to get in.

All the hue and cry against him and all of the other bracketologists that say the very same thing, but it is what it is. They are more likely right than wrong about these scenarios.

There will be a boatload of discussion about this very situation on all the sports networks tonight. Will be interesting to hear the counterpoints to Pitt being left out.

The boys just need to sack up and beat UNC, and put an end to all this hand wringing.

The sad part about Lunardi (and many of these other bracketologist turds) is they just don’t know basketball.

They hide behind metrics and other bogus, subjective nonsense. But they wouldn’t know a good basketball team if it played right in front of their face.

This shilling and advocating to try to get the mid major “Cinderellas” into the NCAAT is disgraceful. ESPN should really be ashamed of a 🤡 like Lunardi.

And I do wonder if the fact that ESPN has ZERO involvement with televising the NCAAT has something to do with that? 🤔
While you're at it, do you have any thoughts on who killed Kennedy?

Im confident we will be in Palms's bracket come tomorrow. We were the last team out going into todays game.

Seton Hall got blown out of the gym.

Colorado, New Mexico, and Virginia still to play.
the SHU loss will help.

Let’s say we lose like he thought. Then he moves Wake IN.

So Wake is now NOT in because they got their ass thumped (mostly) by Pitt. A team that just showed it was clearly better than a team he would have had in, if we weren’t better.

So Lunardi also openly states there are two spots in his bracket that are filled by bid stealers. Richmond who lost today and USF. If Dayton and FAU win their tournies it opens up two spots.

I agree, they should get someone who has been broadcasting college basketball for the last 34 years instead of someone who obviously doesn't know anything about basketball like Loonardi.

Wait a second....

Yea they are in. Their NET will probably be around 37-40 tomorrow, 12-3 in their last 15 games, 7 road wins and might have 5 Quad 1 wins come tomorrow morning if BC beats Virginia tonight. And if that happens tonight should Virginia lose to BC how can you justify putting Virginia in over Pitt at that point when Pitt just beat Boston College on the road by 25 points 2 weeks ago and beat Virginia on the road by double digits in their only head to head meeting this year. It would be highway robbery if Pitt isn’t in at this point.

He had us in the next 4 out group and Wake in the 1st 4 out group before the game. You surely didn’t expect him to have us in the tourney after beating Wake did you?

It's just hard for me to fathom that the 4th place team in the ACC, which is now going to the semis of the conference tournament, could be left out of the field.
This exact thing happened to Clemson last year.

But our resume this year is better than Clemson's was last year.

I’m not worried about him being right or wrong because it shouldn’t matter. I’m worried that he creates the self fulfilling prophecy to be right because it’s nonstop from him. Do these committee people watch enough hoops? Or do they piece together info, including from guys like this.

Because without that, it’s one just guys opinion. Whether people realize it or not, it’s what gives us extra angst around it

Reactions: 8stevieD3
Short of us beating UNC, right now I’m thinking our best chance to make the tourney is BC beating UVA. I can easily see the ACC not getting 5 bids but hard to think the conference would only get 3.

BC beats UVA and I think we’re in without needing to beat UNC. Otherwise, as of now it’s still a complete toss-up as to whether we get in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT