ADVERTISEMENT

Madden is right about the Steelers

THIS is a great summary of what the Steelers are...

The Steelers are a terrible organization. In disarray from top to bottom. They must start looking at the big picture instead of just being worried about winning the next game. They must stop emphasizing defense and eking out close wins in the fourth quarter. They must understand what the NFL has become and adapt: Score more and faster. None of that will happen if Tomlin remains the coach. The Steelers will remain forever embedded in the mushy middle. Or worse.

Reactions: 303vND

The Steelers are a terrible organization. In disarray from top to bottom. They must start looking at the big picture instead of just being worried about winning the next game. They must stop emphasizing defense and eking out close wins in the fourth quarter. They must understand what the NFL has become and adapt: Score more and faster. None of that will happen if Tomlin remains the coach. The Steelers will remain forever embedded in the mushy middle. Or worse.
Honestly, it's time for mostly everyone to move on including the Rooney's. Unfortunately, they lucked their way into several early season victories and obfuscates how terrible they are.

None of that will happen if they trade, fire, or push Tomlin into a front office job, Art II would go out and hire another defense first coach in the Noll, Cowher, Tomlin mold. Outside of 1978 and 1979 the Steelers have been emphasizing D and eck out close wins franchise, that's all on the ownership.

None of that will happen if they trade, fire, or push Tomlin into a front office job, Art II would go out and hire another defense first coach in the Noll, Cowher, Tomlin mold. Outside of 1978 and 1979 the Steelers have been emphasizing D and eck out close wins franchise, that's all on the ownership.
That just reinforces the fact that Madden and I are correct, Steelers are a stupid, garbage organization.

That just reinforces the fact that Madden and I are correct, Steelers are a stupid, garbage organization.

You've posted a lot of ridiculous things over the years, but this is probably your worse take ever. A stupid, garbage organization exists on the North Shore, but it isn't the Steelers, it is the Pirates, who have conned the yinzers into thinking the Pirates are spending their money instead of Nutting's money and in 30+ years the only thing they can hang their hat on is Cueto dropping the ball.

The Steeler's usually always win, sell out every game they play in, and many times the fans take over the away stadiums. This is a slump, and Tomlin probably reached his expiration date, but garbage organization? Quit listening to Madden, he's full of it and trying to be the heel to draw heat and listeners to his show.

You've posted a lot of ridiculous things over the years, but this is probably your worse take ever. A stupid, garbage organization exists on the North Shore, but it isn't the Steelers, it is the Pirates, who have conned the yinzers into thinking the Pirates are spending their money instead of Nutting's money and in 30+ years the only thing they can hang their hat on is Cueto dropping the ball.

The Steeler's usually always win, sell out every game they play in, and many times the fans take over the away stadiums. This is a slump, and Tomlin probably reached his expiration date, but garbage organization? Quit listening to Madden, he's full of it and trying to be the heel to draw heat and listeners to his show.
Note the sources.

Wake me up when Madden writes a similar paragraph about the Pens. They're actually in much worse shape than the Steelers. A bunch of aging ex-superstars with big contracts, no farm system, and preciously few draft picks. The Pens are in for a death spiral, and I have no doubt the Steelers will be back well before them.

In my opinion, the Steelers could go out and get nearly any coach they desired. I think the 3 best jobs in pro sports are the head coach of the Steelers, Packers and Cowboys. The National media loves Tomlin, probably because he talks in platitudes, but his act is tiresome and old.

Reactions: BigZeke
I post it because it's pretty much 99.7% what I believe about the Steelers BEFORE I READ IT. No, I'm not Madden, but IMO this is a great description of this garbage, dumb ass organizion, and he's right, these idiots will change next to nothing and next year will be the same or worse...

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-ma...-colts-another-embarrassment-for-mike-tomlin/
and if Picket does not get hurt they are 9-5 right now at the worst with a shot at the division. Wonder what he would have found to whine about then other than his standard "Picket still sucks" column......lot of acorns coming down on the chubby Chicken Littles like you and Madden running around right now screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling...

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Sad and 10000000% true, worst organization in pro sports.
See, when you say stuff like that, you lose all credibility. You REALLY believe that the Steelers is the worst organization in all of pro sports??????? Really???? If you do, then you haven't been paying attention. They're not even the worst sports organization in the city of Pittsburgh. Wait until April...

and if Picket does not get hurt they are 9-5 right now at the worst with a shot at the division. Wonder what he would have found to whine about then other than his standard "Picket still sucks" column......lot of acorns coming down on the chubby Chicken Littles like you and Madden running around right now screaming the sky is falling the sky is falling...
from a steeler perspective, the sky isnt falling, it already fell.

Note the sources.

Wake me up when Madden writes a similar paragraph about the Pens. They're actually in much worse shape than the Steelers. A bunch of aging ex-superstars with big contracts, no farm system, and preciously few draft picks. The Pens are in for a death spiral, and I have no doubt the Steelers will be back well before them.
Seriously. The Pens are in 7th place in an 8 team division, and he is writing columns about Crosby playing at an MVP level.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Note the sources.

The Steelers are a mess right now and haven’t been a serious contender for about 5-6 years now so he makes some good points, but I’m with you on this. Where is the same fire towards the Penguins organization for being stuck in neutral and now on the downfall.

The Steelers are a mess right now and haven’t been a serious contender for about 5-6 years now so he makes some good points, but I’m with you on this. Where is the same fire towards the Penguins organization for being stuck in neutral and now on the downfall.
hockey is a niche sport, penguins have a fraction of the following as the steelers. if he writes about the pens demise, he doesnt get the angry clicks and replies, it pretty much goes unnoticed..

you want to get a reaction, say something about the steelers and you'll get it, good and bad..

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Anyone with an ounce of sports knowledge can see the issues and doesn’t have to read a 300lb slobs column to figure it out.
I already had the same thoughts before I read the article, it's just nice to see in a Pittsburgh media site, instead of the usual Rooney worship.

I'm not listening to Madden, I already think the same things before I read the article, Steelers WHERE a good organization, not anymore.

Note the sources.

The Pens are a separate issue, he doesn't need to write anything about the Pens to make this piece valid.

Pickett has been carried by the defense, he wouldn't be winning by leading an offense scoring 16ppg, with 6 TD passes in 12 games if the defense gave up a few ppg more, or if they didn't just happen to intercept a few passes on the last play of the game.

Since 1933, the Steelers have experienced the highest of peaks and the lowest of valleys, several times over. It happens.

Madden has never been more than something I would scrape off the bottom of my shoe.

See, when you say stuff like that, you lose all credibility. You REALLY believe that the Steelers is the worst organization in all of pro sports??????? Really???? If you do, then you haven't been paying attention. They're not even the worst sports organization in the city of Pittsburgh. Wait until April...
At this point I do

1. Autistic Rain Man Rooney
2. Never fire a coach even once every 60 years no matter what
3. Obsessed with an obsolete game plan never wanting to modernize
4. Obsessed with always playing scared conservative offense even when you had elite QB
5. Never change anything ever
6. Virtue signaling the Rooney Rule> winning

there's not much hope left, and it's going to be sad when this season ends, and they make almost no changes and its Groundhog Day again next September. Sad because they really need to burn it all to the ground! Change the full coaching staff, all of it, burn the playbooks, trash the whole philosophy, make the offense the total opposite of what it is. but they won't change anything.

I'm not listening to Madden, I already think the same things before I read the article, Steelers WHERE a good organization, not anymore.

so you admit you independently think the Steelers are a garbage organization? Well, you get credit for at least taking full ownership of your ridiculous post.

Last edited:
so you admit you independently think the Steelers are a garbage organization? Well, you get credit for at least taking full ownership of your ridiculous post.
Explain how they aren't, stability isn't so great if that's all you got, sometimes shaking up stability is the reason you win and often enough, remaining stable is the reason you fail, because you don't have the guts to embrace change. It's a woefully stale organization that has become a joke because they refuse to change with the times.

Pretty much exactly what I said. KP needs a chance with a good OC and an off season to prepare with the new offense. And they need to get rid of the little bitch WRs and draft someone in round 1 to be a potential #1. There will be some decent WRs and Cs available in FA too. Not sure if the Steelers will have the cap space.

Reactions: pittmeister
They didn't, in the games he played they gave up 24-21-30.
Sure, the defense only played bad when Mitch was in there, and Mitch had nothing to do with it. Poor Mitch. Next it will be poor Rudolph.

The more this deteriorates, the more you should be asking them to build a statue of Kenny for winning 7 games with this gang of schlubs.

Sure, the defense only played bad when Mitch was in there, and Mitch had nothing to do with it. Poor Mitch. Next it will be poor Rudolph.

The more this deteriorates, the more you should be asking them to build a statue of Kenny for winning 7 games with this gang of schlubs.
I like Kenny by far over the other 2, it's not even close, but I can't make myself pretend he's lived up to #1 pick status just because he's from Pitt, and I also can't pretend that his struggles are everybody else's fault and he's blameless. He's missed a lot of plays when the play call was good, and the other players were in position to make the plays.

Reactions: Schaef60
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT