ADVERTISEMENT

Mama bear says not tonight for reid

I’ve seen how these situations play out for Pitt far too many times over the last few years. No bueno.

I see nothing wrong with a kid and his family taking a long time to decide. But I see a whole lot wrong with a huge announcement about "Look at me, I will be making this decision at such and such a time" and then not following through....seems like someone who likes to be recruited and sought after so if he isn't one of the NBA ready top 40 or so, it will be see you later anyway ....

Efton is a big boy going away to college soon. I would think she would want to be supportive and try to stay in the background. And even if she is pulling some strings, maybe let your kid have his moment in the recruiting spotlight. I know if I was a HS senior, I would be begging her to log off with this Mama Bear stuff. Maybe Efton is cool with it.

Efton is a big boy going away to college soon. I would think she would want to be supportive and try to stay in the background. And even if she is pulling some strings, maybe let your kid have his moment in the recruiting spotlight. I know if I was a HS senior, I would be begging her to log off with this Mama Bear stuff. Maybe Efton is cool with it.

Maybe it's overprotection though and trying to shield him from the spotlight for as long as possible. But it's a little weird, for sure.

Reactions: FireballZ
Maybe it's overprotection though and trying to shield him from the spotlight for as long as possible. But it's a little weird, for sure.

glad it not a handler, but the opitcs are little weird on how she puts things out there. saying mama bear has spoken suggests her position/input on the decision is very heavy and she is enjoying that position in the limelight. nome of that seems good.

reminds me a bit of fosters dad

It's weird that people thinking a parent's involvement and player not being egotistical is weird. This recruitment looks a lot like William Jeffress's recruitment (not suggesting that he lands here). In other words, Reid is probably another high character kid from a good family that any program would welcome.

His mom is barely active on Twitter; I doubt she is doing any of this for her personal benefit.

Other than we will need to endure the constant whining of @Sean Miller Fan and @gary2 a bit longer (as if they wouldn't anyway); there's no downside in taking more time to make the right decision for themselves.

I am happy Mama is involved in her son's decision. Pitt is a great school and can take you far in life!
Although as a fan this is annoying, Reid does seem like a high character kid. No handler, no Top 20s, Top 10s, no social media. Maybe even a bit introverted?

I have said if Pitt were to land a 5-star, it would have to be a weird situation like Adams who didnt have a recruitment or Birch with the bag. In this case, you have a different type of kid who isn't this primadonna with a handler.

Still don't think he's going to Pitt but I have felt more confident about him than any other big fish for these reasons.

Ive seen Florida St, Ohio St, LSU, Virginia, Pitt, and just recently Tennesse. As this goes on it becomes far less likely he is coming to Pitt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT