ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Carr

so the only kids you like are at Pitt?? You preferred Young & Artis??
You aren’t following the thread at all , I said I root for guys who went to Pitt like Marcus Carr and Parker Stewart . My personal opinion is that Cam acted solely in a selfish manner , which I can’t really blame him , but as a Panther fan his departure sealed the deal making Pitt the worst D1 team in the country . I’m pretty sure Cam identifies himself as a Tar Heel and not a Panther . So you can root for whomever you want and I’ll do the same .

Like it or not both Young and Artis stayed and put in 4 yrs at Pitt despite the coaching change . Both were pretty good players by the way . Actually much better than Cam while he was at Pitt . Was it Young’s fault that Pitt couldn’t recruit an adequate big man or Artis’s fault there was no point guard and they were both forced to play out of position ?

You aren’t following the thread at all , I said I root for guys who went to Pitt like Marcus Carr and Parker Stewart . My personal opinion is that Cam acted solely in a selfish manner , which I can’t really blame him , but as a Panther fan his departure sealed the deal making Pitt the worst D1 team in the country . I’m pretty sure Cam identifies himself as a Tar Heel and not a Panther . So you can root for whomever you want and I’ll do the same .

Like it or not both Young and Artis stayed and put in 4 yrs at Pitt despite the coaching change . Both were pretty good players by the way . Actually much better than Cam while he was at Pitt . Was it Young’s fault that Pitt couldn’t recruit an adequate big man or Artis’s fault there was no point guard and they were both forced to play out of position ?
So

you root for 2 players who bailed after an awful seasons -
But not one who was at Pitt for 3 years and graduated with honors ?

weird priorities

Reactions: Saboteur
One day I'd like Carr and all his teammates from that 0-19 squad to be honored for achieving one of the highest GPAs ever for a basketball team. Those who worry about athletes soiling their degree can cheer, or boo, since the team didn't provide the fix they demand on the basketball court.

All players can receive a framed copy of the Mission Statement, passed out by all the pretentious Pitt administrators.

Go, Marcus!

Last edited:
so the only kids you like are at Pitt?? You preferred Young & Artis??
Man without saying much, you make it sound like Young and Artis were terrible players, terrible teammates, terrible representatives of Pitt and terrible people all in one.

seems a little harsh and undeserved.

Normally I have no problem rooting against a guy that leaves, but I find it impossible to wish ill will of Carr, Stewart, Johnson, or anyone that left under the Stallings regime. The program had imploded to such an extent that all of those guys get a free pass in my mind.

Those 2 guys were selfish ball-hogs. Pitt screwed up the basketball program. Cam paid his dues+++

Pitt betrayed every one on the team. But the one who could get out is scorned.
How did Pitt betray everyone on that team? By hiring Barnes then Stallings then realizing the monumental gaffe those two bums were and then making a necessary business decision that’s turned out to be more successful than could have been imagined? That betrayal?

Those 2 guys were selfish ball-hogs. Pitt screwed up the basketball program. Cam paid his dues+++
Coaching and PT solve selfish players . One could accuse X and Trey of being a little selfish too !

No doubt Pitt screwed up .

Cam was going to be the man and he left Pitt high and dry after they were the only D1 program other than Rice to offer . If he’d have followed his coach and gone outside of the conference I’d be more
understanding . Like I said he made a wise personal decision to go UNC , but as a Pitt fan I can’t overlook his defection . I don’t wish him no ill will , but I don’t root for him like other former Panthers .

Last edited:

So you don’t root for the guy with a Pitt degree because he probably doesn’t identify as a panther... but root for two kids who bailed on the program and absolutely don’t consider themselves Panthers?

Ok dude.

How did Pitt betray everyone on that team? By hiring Barnes then Stallings then realizing the monumental gaffe those two bums were and then making a necessary business decision that’s turned out to be more successful than could have been imagined? That betrayal?
Pay attention. Gallagher hired Barnes, who pushed out Dixon, replaced him with a loser, signed off on a stupid contract and we saw 2 years of RMU-level play. he might have hired Paul Evans if Heather wasn't around. The Chancellor should stay out of it. As for the current coach....still more hope than success. Headed for better days.

So you don’t root for the guy with a Pitt degree because he probably doesn’t identify as a panther... but root for two kids who bailed on the program and absolutely don’t consider themselves Panthers?

Ok dude.
The two players in question were constantly scorned on this site as was the entire team , they saw fan support and attendance dwindle to high school levels , and whether you like it or not their coach who they liked and supported was fired . I’d want a new start too as anyone with common sense would

ps ..look at all the support ( not ) that TBrown gets and he stayed .

Pay attention. Gallagher hired Barnes, who pushed out Dixon, replaced him with a loser, signed off on a stupid contract and we saw 2 years of RMU-level play. he might have hired Paul Evans if Heather wasn't around. The Chancellor should stay out of it. As for the current coach....still more hope than success. Headed for better days.

But he hired lyke as well right?

A chancellor can’t make one mistake his first year? Go root for TCU.

Reactions: below0w
The two players in question were constantly scorned on this site as was the entire team , they saw fan support and attendance dwindle to high school levels , and whether you like it or not their coach who they liked and supported was fired . I’d want a new start too as anyone with common sense would

ps ..look at all the support ( not ) that TBrown gets and he stayed .

So yes, you care more about to guys who left the program and don’t care about Pitt than a guy who graduated with honors?

Your need to defend stalling and his washouts is strange.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT